Thread: Can I have some advice about navel and tragus?

Default Can I have some advice about navel and tragus?

Hey haven't been on here in a while. I kinda have 2 worries. I got my navel piercing in march and changed it in july and to start with it was like this:

and now it's:
    http://tinypic.com/r/anngk8/5

The reason I worry is because the skin looks quite thick on the pic from when I first had it done but now to me the skin looks quite thinner and feels quite thinner. The bar I had originally was 14mm and a shop I went to said it was far too big and gave me a 10 or an 8 I can't remmeber which and now this bar seems quite big. Am I over reacting, is it meant to be like this?

Also I had my tragus pierced in August and some days it swells but some days it's fine but I'm still getting crust even though I'm soaking it. Should I leave off the cleaning for a while again? and how long can I expect before it starts to settle down?
    Piercings: Tongue Piercing (1.6mm), Tragus (Left Ear - 1.2mm), Navel (1.6mm) Central Labret Pierced (1.2mm), Conch (Right ear - 1.2mm)
    Retired: Left Nostrill, Right Nostril (x2), Septum Piercing, Helix (x2), Collarbone Piercing, Tragus (Right ear), Scaffold, Eyebrow
    Tattoo's: ​Stars with swirls on left foot. Owl on right thigh (want cover up). Butterflies on wrist.

It does look like there's less skin hanging on to it in the second picture. At first I thought maybe the swelling had just gone down, but since you changed it to a smaller bar...

What's in your tragus at the moment? Cartilage can be kind of moody. My tragus is 3 years old and occasionally flares up for what seems like no reason. Maybe try LITHA? Too much SSS dries mine out and I find it's happier with only the occasional soak.

Yep, looks like your navel's migrated a bit. Keep an eye on it, if it keeps on going and you think it's going to reject then retire it before it's hanging by a thread. It could just be settling into a more comfortable position though.

As for the tragus, remember they take 12-18 months to heal. Yours is only 4 months old, that's young for a cartilage piercing. I'd stop soaking it though, just rinse it in the shower.
    If you have something in it that isn't a titanium labret, might be worth changing to one.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Ah thank you. The word migration scares me to the core lol cos I'd really hate to lose it. This girl in my year got hers after mine and cleaned it with soap like the piercer told me and hers went all scabby and in p.e the skin just broke and it fell out and she said she;d got told she can never get it re-pierced and if mine ever did migrate a lot I'd hope that I could get it re-pierced. But no I didn' t clean mine with soap haha my mum said soap would sting it so sss forme.
    With my tragus Ive always cleaned with sss too and I've been doing it religously then about a month ago i stopped cleaning for about a week then went back to cleaning religously. I have a blackline barbell in my tragus which is what I got pierced with
    Piercings: Tongue Piercing (1.6mm), Tragus (Left Ear - 1.2mm), Navel (1.6mm) Central Labret Pierced (1.2mm), Conch (Right ear - 1.2mm)
    Retired: Left Nostrill, Right Nostril (x2), Septum Piercing, Helix (x2), Collarbone Piercing, Tragus (Right ear), Scaffold, Eyebrow
    Tattoo's: ​Stars with swirls on left foot. Owl on right thigh (want cover up). Butterflies on wrist.