Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help choosing where to have my first tattoo

Question Help choosing where to have my first tattoo

Hi,

I'm turning 18 next week and sometime in the near future I want to get my first tattoo, of a succession of tattoos. After talking to different people and searching the internet to find out where the most least painful place is on your body - I've become quite unstuck. So asking for peoples opinions, out of the following four which is the least painful place to get a tattoo (although I know everyone differs but what's the majority say):- back, sides, side of thigh or carves?

Additional info: the one I would like on my back would cover the majority of my back, whereas the one on my carves would be about 4cm big (as I want my cat's paw print)

Cheers.
    Hey! Name's Rosie.
    21 | Love Tattoos | Love piercings | Love Cats
    12mm left lobe, 10mm right lobe.
    Nose piercing and teacup Tattoo on left outer calf

Carves? Where's that like?

I strongly believe that the best place for a tattoo (especially a first one) is in a clean, friendly, professional tattoo studio.

In terms of pain, I've heard that bony places hurt more (ribs, collarbones) and fleshy places hurt less. I have a tattoo on my belly, mmm that'll be interesting when I get pregnant lol, but really didn't hurt. Kind of tickly/annoying.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Why not just get it where you want it? It's going to hurt end of. Pain is subjective anyway, some people hated getting their ribs done, others enjoy it or find it mildly annoying. Also factor in the artist, how heavy handed they are, the design, any shading etc etc etc

Anne carves I assume is calves (as in calf, back on leg?) tis an odd word

Look at it this way, unless you plan on getting tattooed in all of those places how on earth are you ever going to know if you picked the least painful place for you....?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Oh calves

*is dense*

But yeah, just get it where you want it. Pain is temporary, ink is eternal.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

My thigh hurt like an absolute mofo to get tattooed
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

Just get it where you want it Pain is subjective!

Now
    : 11mm lobes. 6mm septum.
    helix. tongue. rook. 5mm conch punches L & R.
    central labret. industrial. double nostrils.
    philtrum. tattoos.

Retired: snakebites. nostril x 2. 2nd & 3rd lobes.
    helix. outer conch. nipple.

Next: tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

I agree with everyone else buutt, when I got my tattoo done on the top of my arm the tattooist said it was a good/less painful place to get a first one. Although he might have just been saying that to put me at ease, and it's not a place on your list anyway. Just get tattooed where you want to, and good luck!
    Hello(: Bits that've been poked: lobes x4, helix x4, forward helix, septum, left nostril, left nipple, standard navel and my tongue.My septum piercing's stretched to 10mm, it's like my baby :')

Everywhere you have mentioned is a sorer area than others.... The arms are a good place for a 1st - Hope this diagram helps

But I wouldn't worry too much about the pain! It only lasts a certain amount of time & then your left with an awesome tat for the rest of your life & they are addictive!
    My names Ben
    Tattoos:
    Arms, Hands, Fingers, Thumbs, Neck Piercings: Lobe (10mm) x2, Nipple (L - horizontal BCR)
    Piercings: (Retired) Eyebrow x2, Helix x1, Lobe (1mm) x1 Future plans: Tattoos - Full bodysuit

facebook
    | deviantART
    "Show me a man with a tattoo and I'll show you a man with an interesting past"

That diagram makes me happy as the 3 i have are all in red areas I feel tough haha

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssssa :) View Post
    That diagram makes me happy as the 3 i have are all in red areas I feel tough haha
    Lol I've the neck/wrists/hands done which are all red but also the majority of my tats are on my arms

This diagram won't be accurate for everybody though as some peoples pain threshold may be high & they might not think certain ares on it are actually that sore, but its a good general guide
    My names Ben
    Tattoos:
    Arms, Hands, Fingers, Thumbs, Neck Piercings: Lobe (10mm) x2, Nipple (L - horizontal BCR)
    Piercings: (Retired) Eyebrow x2, Helix x1, Lobe (1mm) x1 Future plans: Tattoos - Full bodysuit

facebook
    | deviantART
    "Show me a man with a tattoo and I'll show you a man with an interesting past"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast