Page 1 of 50 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Wedding Planning!

Default Wedding Planning!

A couple of people have shown interest in our plans so I figured I'd just stick a thread up rather than telling the same thing 39204 times over :P I have a thread going on another forum so I'll just save my lazy arse and C&P the first thread from there

I'm a 22 year old female (obvs!). I was born in Edinburgh, Scotland and lived here until I was eight years old. Then, I moved to London. At 15, I moved to Durham. At 16, I moved to Sunderland. At 18, I moved to Northern Ireland. At 19, I moved to Edinburgh and then back to Northern Ireland. At 20, I made my final move back home to Edinburgh.My family are all very close and the majority of my best friends are family members. Growing up, we were always struggling for money. At one point, my mum held down five jobs. As a result, a lot of my childhood was spent with my grandparents. My grandad was my hero. My best friend. My father figure. When he passed away, that spot moved onto my brother. Even now, at 22, he acts like your typical over protective father. He'll be walking me down the aisle.

I met my own father for the first time at nineteen (remember the thread? :P) and for a little while, all was well. And then I saw his true side; the one my mother warned me about and now we have no contact at all. I don't even plan on telling him I'm engaged.
    It's only been within the past two or so years that I've formed a decent relationship with my mum and since then, we've grown incredibly close. She's my rock.And now here we are! I live with my beautiful fiance (Colin!) in our small but cosy 1 bedroom flat and I'm a full time student doing what I love most: Photography. I absolutely love tattoos, horror movies, serial killers, 90s nickelodeon and cartoons.
    November 15th, C and I were sitting on the couch not long after putting up our Christmas tree (don't laugh! I wanted to put it up weeks ago). I was on the laptop, he was watching TV. He pulled me into a hug, so he was hugging me from behind and we snuggled for a bit and then I thought he was scratching but next thing I know, he pulled out a ring and asked me to marry him! Of course I said yes. I was super embarrassed, haha. We kissed and he slid it on my finger. It wasn't much of a surprise; we'd talked about it for months and it was already unofficial. We just made plans not to make it "official" until we had the ring. God knows how many times I drunkenly asked Katie to be my bridesmaid "but shhhhhh! Don't tell anyone!"

We originally wanted a very small ceremony. Small being just C, me, Katie (bridesmaid) and Lee (one of my best friends who's got really close to Colin and is going to be his best man). We weren't going to tell another soul until the deed was done! But then when it got "official" and we really thought about it, we wanted people to know. We wanted our families there.

Anyway, my ring!:

The first person we told was my mum. I was a little scared of speaking to her because I wasn't sure how she was going to react because of our ages but she was fine. She said she was happy for us, reminded me that she was married with a child at my age and offered to pay for half of the venue which is amazing of her. Money is still tight, after all.

After that was C's parents. Like me, he was a little frightened of what his mum would say but she was also very happy for us and ordered us to send her a recent photo of us together that she can hang in the hallway! I've actually yet to meet his parents (I know, I know) so it's nice that she wants a photo of us.

Because we'd already been talking about it for a few months, we already had a pretty good idea of what we wanted and the very first "definite!" I found was my bridesmaids dresses. I'm having a maid of honour (my sister) and two brides... people? Katie and a really good friend, Ryan. Of course this won't apply to Ryan! Although he has shown a rather deep interest in the dress ;P We'll get to him later! Something that would flatter all body shapes, sizes and heights was a must! And this is what I found.

For MY DRESS (!!!) I instantly knew I didn't want the "typical" dress and I've yet to find one I'm madly in love with but I have found this one. It's the length I want, the right amount of "poofiness" and it's pretty and bridal but not overly so. The only problem I have with it? It's strapless. I just will not feel comfortable. I'm thinking maybe I could buy pretty ribbon and my mum could make some straps? I was also thinking of having a coloured petticoat but have since decided against it. I can actually show you this and not worry about Colin seeing because he's already seen it. I don't think I will actually go with this one, anyway. And he knows I'm going for tea/knee length. So it's something like this, but not THIS one. I have ideas for things like sleeves and what kinds, belts etc etc but I'll have to keep those to myself if I want it to be a surprise for the mister!

Since my wedding dress is going to be as bridal as I can face, I want some pretty amazing shoes. Plus, they're going to be visible. It's not like they're going to be hiding under the dress and I do love me some epic shoes. These are some that are currently being looked at. All Irregular Choice. If anyone knows of any other websites with equally amazing shoes, please do share!

BUT! I do not want to be towering over Colin and he's only the littlest bit taller than me. So I may end up in flat shoes. A heads up Katie! If I have to wear flat shoes, so do you! Hahaha :P

We've also got lots of little details picked out. Like we want a sweetheart table rather than a top table and we want to decorate with things like bunting and bubbles and the like.

But you know what the most important thing to me is? Other than, of course, getting married to my lovely. What is more important than the shoes and the dress and whether we have victoria sponge or chocolate? Getting my damn chest piece tattoo covered! Watch this space; plans are being made and drawings are being drawn
    32mm lobe (down from 50mm) : 10mm lobe : 8mm conch punch : 1.2mm Philtrum (down from 2mm) : 12mm oval labret (down from 18mm) : tongue split : scarification x2 : lots of ink :

Okay so brides.. person, Ryan, is doing our wedding photos. Awesome! We have a very similar style of photography so I know he'll be more than perfect for our day.

But... I kind of want a photobooth at the reception. With lots of stupid, fun props. But I don't want to pay hundreds of pounds so I was thinking... I have a few vintage film cameras, a couple of lomo plastic cameras and plan on buying more. So say I had a suitcase of props and a bunch of film cameras set up on a table with a background for the photos next to it. And people can choose which camera they want and take their own photos. Then I can develop the photos myself in the darkroom. We'll find some way to block off a wee corner of the room and I can borrow studio lights from college.

I'm also thinking of making something like this. We'll be making our own props, too.
    32mm lobe (down from 50mm) : 10mm lobe : 8mm conch punch : 1.2mm Philtrum (down from 2mm) : 12mm oval labret (down from 18mm) : tongue split : scarification x2 : lots of ink :

Okay so we were originally going to have the boys (including FH) in white suits with accessories our colours. But then I realised they only really look kick ass on the tall, gangly guys. So back to the drawing board.

FH is going to be wearing a jet black, skinny fit suit. I'm thinking white shirt to match my dress. And this bow tie:

These shoes:

And bright orange socks

The best man will be wearing the same suit but with this tie:

Ryan will be wearing the same suit and the same tie as above but in hot pink to match the girl bridespeople!

Our colours are BRIGHT. The two key colours being pink and green. My bridesmaids are in hot pink so I reckon our (mine, FH and best man) accessories should be in lime green. The overall theme is carnival meets candy shop meets retro meets shabby chic meets... huge ass party.

My bouquetttttttttttt! I am SO excited about this! I was originally going to make it myself but then another bride on the forum I'm on offered to make them for me for a very reasonable price. So here we are! These are just examples. Mine will be different! But they are similar. Mine is going to have little ladybird buttons etc

Colin, Lee and Ryan will have buttonholes similar to these:

And the bridesmaids will have corsages
    How epic?! I'm putting a wee deposit down ASAP after Christmas and she's going to send progress updates!

Since a lot of the things we seem to be looking at and liking are somehow related to candy, like colours, cupcakes, sweeeeeets etc, we've decided we want an EPIC sweetie table for our reception. If you're not sure/haven't heard of it, it'll be something like this:

I drew up a quick table plan for ours a few nights ago and it helped me figure out what sort of jars and sweets we want.
    [IMG]http://api.ning.com/files/Bk44osFjKT2RYfYuJZ5lnoeCSRdpYTKdMb9cNDkuAlag2MhKo2 cwY70ZONMgbnXOzOvZYHgGdrw5DQCkKGMrbAg*weVXClXz/Snapshot_20111124_1.JPG[/IMG]

We're having cupcakes, giant strawberries, foam hearts, hundreds and millions, strawberry bon bons, cherries, kola kubes, cherry cola bottles and lollies.

We'll be decorating it with vintage bunting, a light pink cloth and lots of little nicknacks such as these we bought the other day:
    [IMG]http://api.ning.com/files/mRDqGblNa*m8grrrBITikBmbF9kzhHGwkYGZhbndjP9XmuZ0sA vpg*33UXM6PZA9JkCXq6miWc1TISRZR98JxJiTY5PMERji/lol001.JPG?width=400[/IMG]
    We're going to fill them with sugar and chocolate powder to pour on cupcakes should they wish

Now for our CAKE!
    We're going to go for something like this.

We like the top and bottom tiers and the colours are great so the only major thing we'd have different is the middle tier. We're also turning it into 4 tiers with a GIANT cupcake on top!

I seem to have placed the level of awesome of my favours pretty high.. there are a lot of things that are super cool but just not awesome enough. I love pretty bottles and jars and glass and wanted to do something with that. But we also wanted to make something. We both love pink lemonade sooooo...
    Bottles.

Filled with this yummy stuff (pink lemonade) that we'll make ourselves!

And then we'll get some "paint pens" and write something awesome on the bottles. A wee personalised message for each person with our names and the date maybe. Or maybe we could do something like this:

I want to go to your wedding O.O
    Hi, I'm Kerry
    Facebook / Tumblr

Current:
    Left ear: L
    obe (5mm), rook, anti-tragus,
    Right ear: Lobe (12mm), tragus, forward helix, conch
    Septum

Right horizontal nipple

Navel
    Right nostril

Retired:
    Inverse Navel
    Left tragus

Senior Member misstress_malice_mizer's Avatar

*oohs over the ring for a little while*
    *reads rest of thread*
    this sounds like it's going to be epic... congratulations and I wish you both all the happiness in the world
    http://maliceinunderderland.tumblr.com/ (nsfw)
    1.2mm lobes, 1.6mm septum
    retired nostril piercing
    two tattoos
    wish list as long as my arm
    available on
    facebook
    tumblr

Weddings are horrid to me but you have just pushed the right buttons lady! It's gonna be stunning. Well done and I LOVE the bridesmaid dress!
    Labret, Nostril, 6 x Lobes, 3 x Helix (2 X stretching), Tragus, Daith & Inner Conch
    ~ I'm Faye ~

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

I love the bridesmaids dresses too which is a good thing
    How am supposed to dance with Nick in flats Alex?? haha :P
    If you need help making / baking things hit me uuuuuup!! I lurve all of that stuff
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

Page 1 of 50 1234567891011 ... LastLast