Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: Wedding Planning!

Would the balloon be able to hold the lantern? We're having a few 3ft balloons in the ceremony room that we're going to transfer to the reception room..
    32mm lobe (down from 50mm) : 10mm lobe : 8mm conch punch : 1.2mm Philtrum (down from 2mm) : 12mm oval labret (down from 18mm) : tongue split : scarification x2 : lots of ink :

If it's freshly filled, it should! The fresher the helium the better. I've definitely seen balloons hold up things weighing a few ounces. a small paper lantern and a small tea light sized candle probably would not weigh much combined. even tying a group of 3 balloons together to hold it up would look cute. and it wouldn't be too expensive to test run! anyways, just an idea!
    Benji
    Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.

Definitely an idea

Just stumbled across a photo of our reception room in use.. it has bunting up?? :\

And in regards to the lady and her health and safety shite, I've just found another photo from our venue

See that think behind the top table? Similar to what we're hoping to set up just without the fabric. Surely that'd be more of a health and safety issue than our plan? We won't have draping fabric for people to trip over or pull.
    32mm lobe (down from 50mm) : 10mm lobe : 8mm conch punch : 1.2mm Philtrum (down from 2mm) : 12mm oval labret (down from 18mm) : tongue split : scarification x2 : lots of ink :

This is a lot of work and stuff, although if you have a friend who is good with their hands and just handy, this is a matter of an hour tops, provided you buy the mats, which are cheap, but they look SO awesome in the end....Just putting it out there too, I think it would be an awesome decoration for your party

http://hauntforum.com/showthread.php?t=15113
    "When I turn around and walk away, it doesn't mean you've won. It means your stupid ass isn't worth any more of my time."

Tumblr

Facebook

Another great idea! I'll look into more

Okay.. https://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/fo...42#post1368342

Mmkay.. we're thinking slim, black 7ft Christmas trees. Yeah, Christmas trees :P Who says they're just for christmas?! And they're SLIM. So no big bulky things. One in each corner of the room then several rows of bunting hanging between them.
    Like this, with these decorations on each 1. We don't think it'll look too christmassy and we like it so..

but like I said, the tree will be black and pushed into the far corners

This is how the room will be set up:

That space at the left of the door is the bar. So we'd have the 2 trees in the 2 far corners and then several rows of bunting from ceiling to floor.
    In front of that will be the top table during the meal and then the sweetie buffet/cake table during the evening reception.
    There will be 3, 3ft balloons either side of the room in front of the huge windows.
    During the meal, all of the tables will be laid out in the center of the room, taking up most of the space and will have our amazing centrepieces on top. During the evening reception, these will be pushed to the right side of the room to make way for the dance floor and still provide seating.
    During the evening reception, our guestbook and card box table will be in front of the left window.

Our table plan will be just outside the door, in the little pre-lounge area.

Looks good to me

(x-posting this to my other thread)

Going to start really thinking about music some time soon. I might start pulling out some options tonight.
    Started thinking of table names.. UP! related, of course.
    Paradise Falls for the top table?

Shady Oaks retirement village?.. if your guests have a good sense of humour :p
    Benji
    Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.

What kind of songs are you thinking of Toni?
    "When I turn around and walk away, it doesn't mean you've won. It means your stupid ass isn't worth any more of my time."

Tumblr

Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by xBenji View Post
    Shady Oaks retirement village?.. if your guests have a good sense of humour :p
    Haha! Could always just go for Shady Oaks :P

Quote Originally Posted by Marianne View Post
    What kind of songs are you thinking of Toni?
    We have a list of "definites". They just need sorted into what they'll be used for (walking up the aisle, signing the register etc.. need about 6 or 7) then the rest will be on the evening reception DJ playlist probably.. good mix of classics, cheese and "us" music :P

Barry Louis Polisar - All I Want Is You
    David Bowie - As The World Falls Down
    Etta James - At Last (no one seems to believe me when I tell them this has been one of my favourite songs for yeeears!)
    Alanis Morissette - Head Over Feet (acoustic)
    Train - Marry Me
    Ben Folds - The Luckiest
    Billy Joel - She's Always a Woman
    Bright Eyes - First Day of My Life
    City and Colour - The Girl
    Darlene Love - (Today I Met) The Boy I'm Gonna Marry
    David Gray - This Years Love
    Death Cab For Cutie - I Will Follow You into The Dark
    Death Cab For Cutie - Earth Angel
    The Decemberists - June Hymn
    Elbow - One Day Like This
    Gene Wilder - Pure Imagination
    HelloGoodbye - Oh, It is Love
    Jason Mraz - Lucky
    Jets to Brazil - Sweet Avenue
    Muse - Falling Away With You
    Muse - Endlessly
    Muse - Feeling Good
    Newton Faulkner - Dream Catch Me (acoustic)
    Paolo Nutini - Million Faces
    Radiohead - True Love Waits
    Savage Garden - Truly Madly Deeply
    Semisonic - Secret Smile
    Shirely Walker - Ice Dance (Edward Scissorhands)
    Sixpence None The Richer - Kiss Me
    The Wedding Singers - Grow Old With You