Thread: How long should my bioplast(flex) lip labret stud be?

Question How long should my bioplast(flex) lip labret stud be?

So my monroe (aka madonna) healed up nice (waited about a month and a half) and I purchased an 8mm bioplast labret push fit set. However the post just barely reaches the surface of my lip. I managed to get the push stud into it. I am not sure the stud went in all the way but there is a little bit of room there. It swelled a tiny bit so I will wait on pushing the stud into the post farther. Is this a correct sizing or should I have some of the Bioplast post sticking out? Thinking I should have gone with 10mm.

Thanks!

10mm may be too long and you don't want to cause irritation. I'd say go for a ptfe bar you can cut down to suit your size. Not sure if you can cut bioplast.
    I personally don't like seeing any bar showing and like mine snug. I've just bought an 8mm bioplast labret with push fit gem. The bar is just long enough but the gem is so small that if I pull on the inner side of the bar it could easily be pulled thru. But I'm very aware of it and love the look of a tiny sparkle so I'm risking it.
    Labret, Nostril, 6 x Lobes, 3 x Helix (2 X stretching), Tragus, Daith & Inner Conch
    ~ I'm Faye ~

Well mine is long enough that unless there was some horrible accident there is no way to pull it through. It feels fine this morning, a bit tender. I was just worried about the inside pressing in too much into my lip, it is fine right now but I recall the piercer saying something about that (that was to do with the initial swelling though).

Also is it just me or is it bloody hard to get the damn thing in? The long metal post was no problem but the bioplast was a huge hassle.

I like mine nice and tight to my lip. I've had mine about ten years so now I can just pop the bar in my mouth and find the hole/push it thru with my tongue.
    Labret, Nostril, 6 x Lobes, 3 x Helix (2 X stretching), Tragus, Daith & Inner Conch
    ~ I'm Faye ~