Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Piercing after a life changing event?

Quote Originally Posted by mariohammy View Post
    I would definitely get a piercing to celebrate an event or someone's life. Like when I lose weight, and have my stomach repair surgery, I want to get a navel piercing.

They have external ends of D and A on crazy factory, and you can get 1.6mm external to 1.2mm internal converers, so you can make your own dermal ends!
    D end
    A end
    Converter
    Converter (UK)
    Thank you! I have to wait for one to be put back in once its healed but it'll give me chance to get the money together. xxxx
    .. U K R e d ..
    http://www.justgiving.com/Andrea-Smith-MND
    -------------
    PIERCINGS: 17
    Scaffold, Rook, Tragus (x2), 5mm Lobes and Standard Lobes
    Eyebrow (x2), Nose, Navel, Tongue, Snakebites, Central Labret and Medusa
    MICRODERMALS: 6
    Wrist (x2), Sternum (x3) and Under Eye
    TATTOOS:
    Elephant (forearm): Truck (hip): Half Music Sleeve in Progress
    WISHLIST:
    Tats: Harley Quinn, More to Music Sleeve & Medical Alert Details

What a beautiful idea! I'm sure your boyfriend and his family will be touched!

When I turned 18 (not massive I know but with struggles in my life I seriously didnt think id ever get there!) I got a VCH and when I got my AS level results I got a tattoo of a star behind my ear, to remind me of what a star I am to get them results

I'm sorry to hear this, I completely understand where you are coming from here all the best for yourself and your boyfriend

I got a tattoo to celebrate the fact I got in to University, I have the greek symbol for Psychology on the back of my neck, its to celebrate what I have achieved and what I want to achieve, also the fact that all my hard work has made my mentally ill Dad (who's condition has inspired me to study Psychology) proud of me, despite our extremely difficult relationship. I guess my story is a bit tame compared to others here but I thought I would chip my story in.
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"
    Grace
    L: Conch|Rook|Lobes x2|Helix Orbital|Helix

​R: Industrial|Lobes x2|Tragus|Conch Orbital

Central Labret​|Right Nipple|HCH x2

2 tattoos & 1 subdermal implant.

Next: 3rd HCH.

I think any piercing/tattoo that celebrates or marks an important event to you is wonderful.

I have a couple of tattoos waiting, one which needs a particular date (22/2/12, ooh, lots of 2s!) before I want it done. Very personal reasons for these tatts and they mark something huge for me.
    *EV*

Piercings
    Right lobe x 3
    Left lobe x 3
    Right helix 2mm x 2
    Right tragus
    Right rook
    Left conch

Left forward helix
    Microdermal behind right ear
    Right Transverse Lobe

Septum - first facial piercing!

Ink
    Left wrist treble clef
    Right ankle paw prints

Left full thigh piece

Wants!
    Full back piece (drawn, waiting to reach goal weight)
    Eyes, right forearm
    Anti tragus
    Helix spiral
    Daith

I got back into piercing after splitting up with my ex and got my first ever tattoo done. To begin with it was kind of a statement of independence, a way of saying to myself that it's my body and I can do whatever I want to it. It's turned into a bit of an addiction though for different reasons, I suffered a major depressive episode over the past six months and find the pain incredibly cathartic, gives me a real high and makes me feel alive and it's a much more "productive" way of satisfying my pain-cravings.

All of my tattoos (17 of them) and piercings have been done to commemorate some important event in my life. The good, and the bad. It's my way of documenting my life story I guess.
    Beth

When life gives you lemons, add vodka.
    Have:
    Lobes: 4g first holes, 16g second and third holes, Right helix, Tongue (for 16 years), Right nostril, Right Daith
    Want
    Septum, Industrial, Nipples, Conch, Center labret, Tragus
    Used to have and might get again
    VCH, HCH, Vertical labret, Labret, left nipple, right tragus

I want to get a piercing (or piece of special jewellery) to commemorate my engagement and wedding when they happen of course
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

I wouldn't get pierced to commemorate something. In the other hand, i wouldn't get a tattoo without a powerful meaning.
    Have:
    12mm Left Lobe, Nostril, 2 ear piercings.

Retired:
    Tongue, Lip x2, Eyebrow, Industrial, 3 ear piercings.

Do want:
    Bridge, 6mm Right Lobe (no more lost pencils when drawing haha).

The only thing I got for sort of sentimental reasons is the paw print tattoo on my right wrist: I worked in a zoo abroard a few years ago and was lucky enough to be asked to handraise a tiger cub. She was born premature (as was I) on my 25th birthday. At a week old, I printed her paw and had it tattooed on - as a reminder of the experience and the moment I decided I wanted to go back to school to work with animals. I flew back home a week later. 3 days after I did, she died.I'm going through a tough breakup at the moment, and feeling the itch for a new piercing...not sure if the two are related lol! I guess I love how pretty they look, and I want to feel pretty again
    Current Piercings: 1st 2nd & 3rd lobes both sides, left nostril
    Current Tattoos: both wrists (flower & tiger cub paw print), ribs (7 large flowers), right shoulder (mehndi), right foot ('Not all those who wander are lost' - Lord Of The Rings) & left upper underarm (Kili's royal crest - The Hobbit)
    Wanted: tragus & helix piercings

I haven't..

BUT one of the holes in my second industrial was pierced by a friend who now sadly has passed away.
    (She was only 17).
    That piercing have a special place in my heart now, and I cherish the memory..
    Proud owner of 70 piercings and 112 pairs of plugs..

BJS Awards 2010
    Forum member with the best ear piercing
    Winner: Asphyxia

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast