Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eyebrow Piercing: What to do...?

Default Eyebrow Piercing: What to do...?

I've had my eyebrow piercing in for 8 months now and it's never given me any trouble so far. A bit of swelling, redness, and flakiness when I first got it pierced but it went away after 2 weeks or so. It's been so clean and healthy looking after that. And since last week, it's changed to what you see below.

It doesn't hurt or throb or anything. It hasn't 'popped' or released any blood or pus. And as far as I can tell, isn't swelling. I've used the sea salt in a dixie cup soaking method. I've used the cleaning with a q-tip with the H20 spray cleaner. I use the Salin wound cleanser with q-tips and cottons circles. I've soaked it with a hot washcloth. And just recently started using tea tree oil as suggested by a friend who had the same thing happen to her lip ring. But still, I'm seeing no change. I don't touch it unless I'm cleaning it, before which I wash my hands thoroughly. And I don't rotate it, if that's the problem. I do sleep on my side sometimes but the piercing is never rubbing against my pillow so that can't be it...And I don't wear makeup AT ALL. Just lip gloss so no irritation by foundation or mineral powder.

I just hate walking around with it looking like I don't take care of it. I love it so much and don't wanna take it out or lose it. BTW, this is the original piercing our piercer, Alex, at Warrior Piercing, put in. I haven't changed it because I've been too scared I won't be able to put a new one in properly. Also been scared a new one will just irritate it more.

I'm at such a loss of what to do. ;_; Please help!

Looks shallow to me, have you always been able to see that much of the bar?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Mine looked similar to that when I took it out, although I didn't really have a bump like that. If more of the bar is visual than there used to be I would definitely retire it if I were you, because it's just going to get worse.
    I'm Lindsay.
    Piercings:
    Ears: Right conch, left conch, left double helix, 1/2" lobes.
    Other: Both nostrils, septum, VCH, navel
    RIP: Left eyebrow, right double tragus
    7 tattoos!

Quote Originally Posted by Coraz0ndeOro View Post
    Mine looked similar to that when I took it out, although I didn't really have a bump like that. If more of the bar is visual than there used to be I would definitely retire it if I were you, because it's just going to get worse.
    +1 both times I had mine done this happened, it just grew out. Depends on if it's moved or if it's always been that shallow, either way I'd take it out to minimise scarring or get a way shorter bar in there.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I have actually been able to see that much of the bar. I just considered this normal? Should I go back to Warrior Piercing and tell them the bar should be shorter and show what's happening?

Looks a lot like rejection. I think it needs to come out. :(

Quote Originally Posted by watermelon View Post
    Looks a lot like rejection. I think it needs to come out. :(
    +1 compare this to the one you've just had done and you and see just how little of the jewellery is actually behind skin, I'd take it out before it just snaps.

^^ thanks for all your helpful feedback. just had a quick, maybe stupid, question. if i went back and bought a titanium piercing like the same one i have in now and put that in after i took this one out, would it maybe solve the problem? i just really don't wanna have to lose this one. and how long will it be before I can get it re-pierced?

Yeah, now I've seen the picture on your other thread, it's definitely migrating. Mine did the exact same thing after the exact same amount of time. I still have a tiny scar but it would've been a lot worse if I'd left it in. If I were you I'd take it out; maybe you can get it redone and give it another try someday.
    I'm Lindsay.
    Piercings:
    Ears: Right conch, left conch, left double helix, 1/2" lobes.
    Other: Both nostrils, septum, VCH, navel
    RIP: Left eyebrow, right double tragus
    7 tattoos!

Quote Originally Posted by Aralin26 View Post
    ^^ thanks for all your helpful feedback. just had a quick, maybe stupid, question. if i went back and bought a titanium piercing like the same one i have in now and put that in after i took this one out, would it maybe solve the problem? i just really don't wanna have to lose this one. and how long will it be before I can get it re-pierced?
    No it won't help, a change in jewellery material won't make it go deeper, it's growing out or not been done deep enough in the first place if it's always looked like that. Take it out, leave it a couple of months and go back to see if it's able to be re-pierced. I had the same issue just like Lindsay, had it re-pierced a lot deeper and the same happened again, my piercer won't re-pierce it again now even 12 years after I took it out. Mine scarred a little and I think I could still get jewellery in there too haha.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast