Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eyebrow Piercing: What to do...?

Cannot thank you guys enough for your patience with my noob questions.
    ;_; i just took it out. its bittersweet and i'm gonna let it heal and maybe try again someday on the other eyebrow.

R.I.P eyebrow piercing November '10 - November '11

Aww poor piercing, but you did right to remove it. You have a new one on the other side though right?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

that i do. :( but now i'm all nervous about the new one rejecting, too. looking up the stats, it says 90% of eyebrow piercings reject. well, maybe this eyebrow will be different hopefully.
    oh, real quick, since i took the piercing out, what should i do to help it heal safely? put a bandaid on it? a bandage? or use some kind of sea salt soak? i keep hearing about if you have an infection not to take out your piercing or you trap it in and make it worse once your holes close up. 0_0 do i have to worry about that? i only took it out because i didn't want it to fall out and scar from being in even longer...now i have to worry if the infection will spread?
    god now i really dont want my new piercing to reject...why does my sister and her friend with more facial piercings go and get piercings and no rejection, yet my first eyebrow piercing does? its not fair... ;_;

Hmm I wouldn't look into any stats as such, most are myths along with the vast majority of piercing info on the net.

I don't think your piercing was infected, it was rejecting/migrating. One last sea salt soak and leave it alone, maybe massage it with a natural oil like vitamin e to lessen any scarring. Don't cover it with anything.

Remember that an eyebrow piercing is technically a surface piercing and is a lot more likely to migrate/reject than standard piercings (lip, septum, nostril etc).
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

^^ will do. thanks again for your help, redraven. my gratitude is endless

Anytime, hope it heals up nice for you and the other one stays put!

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post
    Hmm I wouldn't look into any stats as such, most are myths along with the vast majority of piercing info on the net.

I don't think your piercing was infected, it was rejecting/migrating. One last sea salt soak and leave it alone, maybe massage it with a natural oil like vitamin e to lessen any scarring. Don't cover it with anything.

Remember that an eyebrow piercing is technically a surface piercing and is a lot more likely to migrate/reject than standard piercings (lip, septum, nostril etc).
    +1
    Hi! I'm Casey

Have:
    Industrial, tragus x2, ear web x2, conch, bridge, nostril x2, high nostril x2, septum, tongue x2, lingual frenulum, labret, monroe x2, navel, nipples x2, vch, standard lobe piercings x15,

Retired:
    Bridge x2, vertical brow x3, horizontal brow, bottom navel, stomach surface, arm surface x2, hand web, hand surface, standard lobe x2.

Want:
    Deep Mandible, cheeks, lip x2, forward helix x2, bottom navel, horizontal brow x2, numerous MDA's, lots more tattoos.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12