Thread: New lip piercing & taking out tunnels.

Talking New lip piercing & taking out tunnels.

Hello everyone! I finally got my lip pierced yesterday after wanting it done since I was about 13. I got in done in Cosmic Tattoo in Colchester which I think is the best place to get pierced in Colchester (it was my first time in there)The guy who pierced me was really friendly and professional. It didn't hurt much and I love it Only thing that's kind of a bummer is the swelling, I've woke up with a fat lip - how do I reduce it? Also, I made a deal with my mum. I said I'd take my tunnels out, and my nose ring and replace it with a stud if she let me get my lip pierced which she agreed to, so yesterday my tunnels came out :( What I want to know is how long (roughly - I know everyone's body is different) will it take for them to go back to a "normal" size so I can put regular earrings in them? They were both at 6mm.
    zoe mae.
    pierced and soon to be inked
    xox

Ice and ibuprofen to take the swelling down Ice it for 10 mins then take it off for 10 mins, then ice it for 10 etc. Its impossible to say with your tunnels, chances are they might not go down to a normal size at all, something like 2-3mm maybe? You will just have to wait and see I'm afraid. Do oil massages to help them along the way though. The initial shrinkage may be a couple of weeks, then they might carry on slowly shrinking for 6 months! You just don't know.

Edit: Just remembered something which might be interesting. I had my thirds at 6mm many moons ago, when I took them out they shrunk really fast and have healed over. However they were stretched horribly, and were basically open wounds (I was 13/14) hence the fast closure.
    Last edited by SleeeepyHollow; 10-30-2011 at 12:17 PM.

Now
    : 11mm lobes. 6mm septum.
    helix. tongue. rook. 5mm conch punches L & R.
    central labret. industrial. double nostrils.
    philtrum. tattoos.

Retired: snakebites. nostril x 2. 2nd & 3rd lobes.
    helix. outer conch. nipple.

Next: tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

Happy healing.
    Last edited by SarahSarah; 10-30-2011 at 11:40 AM.
    I have.......
    Tongue, Nostril, Horizontal Nipples,
    In each ear......Daith, Lobe, Tragus, Anti tragus, Rook
    Retired Piercing: Labret

Feel free to add me on failbook.

Oil those ears!
    Vit E oil or olive oil are nice. Especially vit E, as it helps break down scar tissue, but olive oil does have a lot of vit E. ^^
    I'm always oiling mine, but my second holeys are forever stuck in 5/6 mm. Maximum size I had them at was 10mm. Then again I know people who had 14mm and they went back to 'normal' (well, kinda normal. You can never expect to have normal lobes again. haha). It really depends on your body. Good luck with the shrinkage!
    Now a piercer in the making.
    ___

Piercings: both lobes 26mm (first) and 5mm (second), 4mm septum, 6mm philtrum, 3mm princess diana, 1.6mm nipples, scaffold (left ear), cheeks and outer labia
    , bridge and chest microdermals

Retired: too many. :(

Tattoos: quite a few hours. left thigh, knee and forearm. right foot. chest. half backpiece. index fingers.

Others: split tongue. stomach scarification. some pulling and play piercing.

Thank you guys, I'll do all you've advised! I love the BJS forum, everybody is always so helpful
    zoe mae.
    pierced and soon to be inked
    xox

Good Luck!
    Hi! I'm Casey

Have:
    Industrial, tragus x2, ear web x2, conch, bridge, nostril x2, high nostril x2, septum, tongue x2, lingual frenulum, labret, monroe x2, navel, nipples x2, vch, standard lobe piercings x15,

Retired:
    Bridge x2, vertical brow x3, horizontal brow, bottom navel, stomach surface, arm surface x2, hand web, hand surface, standard lobe x2.

Want:
    Deep Mandible, cheeks, lip x2, forward helix x2, bottom navel, horizontal brow x2, numerous MDA's, lots more tattoos.

Quote Originally Posted by zoemae View Post
    I got in done in Cosmic Tattoo in Colchester which I think is the best place to get pierced in Colchester
    OT, but I'm having my tattoo re-worked there by Pinky in January! They do come well recommended.
    Hiya - I'm Emma!

Piercings: lobes x 3, Tragus, Helix, Navel, Conch, Sternum Microdermals x 2, VCH, Central Labret, Forward Helix

Tattoos: Stars on inner forearm, Rat on inner ankle, Dotwork Star Mandala on shoulder & Lotus/Butterfly on hip

http://www.facebook.com/emmalsims