Page 1 of 89 123456789101151 ... LastLast

Thread: General Cooking Thread

Default General Cooking Thread

How come we show off and have a thread for everything, but no matter how much I search there's no cooking thread to be found??
    If there's something in this world worth showing off, it's culinary awesomeness!
    Bring out your grandmas famous recipe and your own creations! Let's make a cooking thread!

The other day I made this:

Brown rice and evaporated rice mixed, boiled in a yummy tomato sauce and topped with cuttlefish marinated in lemon juice and fried in all natural butter. Awesomeness in a plate. * _ *
    And now I'm having dinner - A thick marbled omelet with crunchy bacon and garlic, and Azores island cheese melted on top, sided by fresh tomatoes. (And yes, I'm aware that I'm having dinner at 1am... haha)
    Now a piercer in the making.
    ___

Piercings: both lobes 26mm (first) and 5mm (second), 4mm septum, 6mm philtrum, 3mm princess diana, 1.6mm nipples, scaffold (left ear), cheeks and outer labia
    , bridge and chest microdermals

Retired: too many. :(

Tattoos: quite a few hours. left thigh, knee and forearm. right foot. chest. half backpiece. index fingers.

Others: split tongue. stomach scarification. some pulling and play piercing.

Nom nom. None of my cooking is that impressive >.<
    I'm Amelia
    My piercer

L & R 4mm lobe | L & R 2nd & 3rd lobe | L double helix | L inner conch | L rook | R helix | R forward helix | R tragus (re-pierced) | R outer conch
    L nostril | Septum | Madonna | L (Devil) & R (Angel) nipple | Nape dermal x2 (vertical) | Cleavage dermal | Navel (re-pierced #2) | VCH

Failed: Navel (rejected x2) | R tragus (migrated) | L collar bone dermal (rejected)
    Wish list: R double inner conch | Tongue

Facebook

Ooh, this is a great idea! I don't cook very often but I love food so I'm going to have fun perving over this thread.
    I'm Lindsay.
    Piercings:
    Ears: Right conch, left conch, left double helix, 1/2" lobes.
    Other: Both nostrils, septum, VCH, navel
    RIP: Left eyebrow, right double tragus
    7 tattoos!

Looks pretty good! I don't cook much, my bf is an amazing cook so I tend to leave it to him. But I do like making drinks; I love making cocktails and soon it will be mulled wine time My current project is sloe gin using berries from the local park (free food!):

Eww, that's last night's tea on the top there *goes off to clean*!

Homemade alcohol. *.*
    ___

Piercings: both lobes 26mm (first) and 5mm (second), 4mm septum, 6mm philtrum, 3mm princess diana, 1.6mm nipples, scaffold (left ear), cheeks and outer labia

Tattoos: quite a few hours. left thigh, knee and forearm. right foot. chest. half backpiece. index fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by poodlewash View Post
    Looks pretty good! I don't cook much, my bf is an amazing cook so I tend to leave it to him. But I do like making drinks; I love making cocktails and soon it will be mulled wine time My current project is sloe gin using berries from the local park (free food!):

Eww, that's last night's tea on the top there *goes off to clean*!

Homemade alcohol is the best. I'm currently making sloe gin right now too.

Last year I made damson gin and blackberry whiskey (all picked when I go out hill walking).
    Current: 4 Lobes (10mm & 2.4mm), Tongue Web, Navel, Right & Left Nostril, VCH (2mm), Right Rook, Septum (3.2mm), Triangle (2.4mm), Left Tragus

RIP: 2 Sternum Microdermals, Horizontal Nipples, Right Conch

Tattoos: Falling Leaves on inner right wrist (AFI), Song Lyrics on right ribs (AFI)

I'm Helen

I wanted to make sloe gin but I could never find the berries. Should get round to doing the proper mulled wine thing this Christmas though . . . might do a trial for Bonfire night actually :P.
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Chocolate cake and coconut rum mouse

Beef stew and home made bread
    ~Hi im Dawn~

what iv got

Double nostril, Tongue web, Tongue, Vch 2mm, Helix, Lobes 3.4mm, 2x 1.6mm double left lower lip. Ink x4

what i want
    Cheeks, Double right lower lip, Conch, Navel. More ink

R.I.P septum + nipples

Nick

My lunch today:

Tricolor pasta with poultry bolognese. Nom nom.
    I make my bolognese very simple, but so far it's my all time favorite:
    Onions, garlic, bacon - all fried in olive oil till bacon is crispy. Add minced meat of choice (or a soy minced meat substitute - I add both 'cause I like the added texture of the soy crumble. ;D), a bit of salt, a lot of pepper and a couple of bay leaves. Let the meat cook and get crumbly. Add tomato sauce to taste and a bit of chopped up parsley. If I feel like it, black olives are a great combo with every single Mediterranean dish, so if I have some around I'll throw them in there. After that let it simmer for a minimum of half an hour and for a maximum of how long you can wait. :P

Tip: Have you ever wondered how the sauces from your Italian restaurant of preference get so creamy and gooey, and how they stick so well to the pasta? It's really easy to do, and no extra ingredients! For those who don't know, the secret is... starch! After your sauce is nearly done and your pasta is boiling away, add a bit of that starchy water to your sauce. This will give it that awesome consistency and help it bond to the pasta better after it's served. ^^
    Last edited by snicky; 10-26-2011 at 05:29 PM.
    ___

Nice starch tip, did not know that one!

Wish I'd taken a photo of the homemade pizza me and my bf made last weekend...

Oh well, have this steak dinner instead, with mushroom and peppercorn sauce, some greenery and yummy scored potatoes with salt, pepper and garlic. Very simple

And the chocolate cookies too, which tasted nicer than they look *Nigella's recipe, not mine

rook
    conch
    daith
    lobes

Retired snug

Tumblr

Page 1 of 89 123456789101151 ... LastLast