Page 48 of 89 FirstFirst ... 383940414243444546474849505152535455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: General Cooking Thread

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

I've only seen cheese curds in Canada tbh, we used a block of mozzarella (rather than buffalo) cut into big chunks and I used onion gravy with tomato sauce, black pepper and garlic added (this was our just in from the pub food so we used micro chips and instant gravy lol!), twas well yum though

We're having home made gorgonzola and grape flatbreads, with home made humus and veggies for lunch, nom!
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

Went brambling earlier whilst walking the dogs, so going to make lemon cheesecake with blackberry topping ^_^.
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Really want to make pumpkin soup this autumn since I missed out on pumpkin season last year (and every other year lol), had an ace recipe I used about 5 years or more ago in my first year which made loads of amazing soup and of course have no idea where I found it. I don't remember whether it had other roasted vegetables in as well as roasted pumpkin :/. Anyone got any delicious recipes they could share? ^^
    Stef

Mods:

Left ear: Lobe, 2x 1.6mm inner conches, 1.2mm rook, 1.6mm helix (newest).
    Right ear: Lobe, 1.6mm tragus (stretched), 1.2mm daith.
    Other: 2.5mm centre labret (stretched), 8mm septum (stretched), 1.6mm nape.
    Retired: 4x 1.6mm lobe, 1.6mm snakebites, 2.4mm venoms, 1.6mm anti-tragus, 10mm and 12mm lobes.

Gallery

I'm so stuck for things to cook! I've been living out for about a month now, sharing with four people. Our kitchen is pretty small so I don't have much space to keep food etc.

For the past few weeks I've cooked something and eaten the leftovers the next day, generally chicken in a tomato and herb sauce with peas with pasta or rice, bolognaise, or just plain tomato pasta. Other times I'll eat a precooked Spanish omelette or a salad with tuna or just a toastie.

Completely out of ideas!! Can anyone recommend simple, cheap dishes, that can b prepared using just a stove top (we have no oven). Also, Redraven, was looking back at this thread and saw you made a yum looking stir fry a few pages back. Any chance you could tell me how you made it?
    Hi, call me Starry
    Lover of art, music and mods.

Current:
    Left Ear: Stretched lobe @ 4mm, two standard lobes, tragus
    Right Ear: Stretched lobe @ 4mm, one standard lobe, auricle, rook
    Septum

RIP Standard Navel
    Piercings I want: Rook (left side), Horizontal nipple x2, helix, central labret

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" - Oscar Wilde
    Con el tiempo, todo se consigue

Quote Originally Posted by Starry-night View Post
    I'm so stuck for things to cook! I've been living out for about a month now, sharing with four people. Our kitchen is pretty small so I don't have much space to keep food etc.

For the past few weeks I've cooked something and eaten the leftovers the next day, generally chicken in a tomato and herb sauce with peas with pasta or rice, bolognaise, or just plain tomato pasta. Other times I'll eat a precooked Spanish omelette or a salad with tuna or just a toastie.

Completely out of ideas!! Can anyone recommend simple, cheap dishes, that can b prepared using just a stove top (we have no oven). Also, Redraven, was looking back at this thread and saw you made a yum looking stir fry a few pages back. Any chance you could tell me how you made it?
    Get a wok, you can do loads in it and I also recommend a slow cooker then you can do stews/casseroles/chilli/joints easily.

As for stir fry you can just get sauce/noodles/bag of stir fry veg, fry off whatever meat you want if any and then add everything else and cook down. I tend to use chicken, brown it off, add a little big of veg stock, chinese 5-spice powder, garlic, chilli, soy and stir up, then add whatever veggies I have (peppers, beansprouts, mange tout, peas, mushrooms, spring onions etc) cook it down, add noodles or rice and it's done.

What about sausage casserole, chilli, beef stew, creamy pastas made with philly or philly sauces, chorizo instead of chicken in your tomato pasta, bacon and pea rice, meatballs, home made pizzas done on tortillas or pre made pizza bases or make your own, gnocci instead of pasta (it's well cheap). Chunky soups which you can have a salad/sandwich/toastie with. Cottage pie, fish pie, quiche. All dead easy to make!

Dunno, they're just ideas off the top of my head.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Do you have freezer space? When I was living on my own I'd make up batches of food and freeze portions. It's good for using jars of "cheat sauce" for curries or whatever that usually serve 4-6, or your pot of pasta sauce if you make too much.
    My cooking repertoire is pretty limited. I can do stir fries, fajitas, chilli, and my dad's all-time favourite; Student Pasta Surprise lol.
    I can also do French Toast aka Eggy Bread.

For stir fry I just slice up a load of veg (my staple veg diet includes peppers, onions, mushrooms, and spring onions) and maybe a chicken breast - fry off the meat first before adding the veg - then throw it all around in our giant frying pan with a bit of oil and some spices, or thai curry paste. Serve with rice or noodles.

(edit) adding Philly to pasta sauce is frickin wonderful btw, thanks for that tip Hazel
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

so I made this from scratch... pretty proud of myself :')

student cookbooks FTW ^.^
    You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.

Ginny Weasley

MERCI POUR LE VENIN

Quote Originally Posted by kitebunny View Post
    (edit) adding Philly to pasta sauce is frickin wonderful btw, thanks for that tip Hazel
    I love it! Always do it now and also asda does a pesto version and it's FIT in pasta sauces
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Risotto, paella? Both super cheap and quick. For meat slow cookers are brilliant. There's a lot of variations of pasta dishes you could try also, cheese/white sauces, chicken and broccoli, tomato and marscapone, pesto etc, soups-so many you could make now with winter veg, and they'd be cheap!
    For pastry and that having no oven must be a real bummer!
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by soph_17 View Post
    For pastry and that having no oven must be a real bummer!
    Pan made crustless quiche!

Fish/cottage pie - no pastry and no oven needed either