Thread: Stretching help?

Question Stretching help?

Heyyo. I began stretching my ear just over a month ago and I'm using steel tapers. I went from what I was, which I'm not sure, to 1.6mm. Went through straight away no problem. Three days later 2mm, no problem went in straight away. Five days later 2.5mm. This took me about four hours to get in, and I must admit I was impatient and did force it quite abit. So it's been about twenty-four days since I have done this. It hurt for about a week and now it does not leak anything, or hurt but it is swollen. My lobe is swollen and not red, normal skin colour but is still swollen. Is there anyway you can help me with this?

Also yes, lesson learned. Calm the fu** down and take it slowely aha.

You got that right...you stretched way too fast...it should take months to get there..and it shouldn't hurt. I'm no expert but I'd personally take the tapers out and let your ear settle. I'd then wait until my ear has completely settled and start slowly. There will be someone around soon that knows stretching better than I but you've come to the right place.

Quote Originally Posted by kairipope View Post
    Heyyo. I began stretching my ear just over a month ago and I'm using steel tapers. I went from what I was, which I'm not sure, to 1.6mm. Went through straight away no problem. Three days later 2mm, no problem went in straight away. Five days later 2.5mm. This took me about four hours to get in, and I must admit I was impatient and did force it quite abit. So it's been about twenty-four days since I have done this. It hurt for about a week and now it does not leak anything, or hurt but it is swollen. My lobe is swollen and not red, normal skin colour but is still swollen. Is there anyway you can help me with this?

Also yes, lesson learned. Calm the fu** down and take it slowely aha.
    Okaaay. The first stretches are probably the hardest on your ears, and you should have at least a month in between those. I don't understand how it can take 4 hours to get a taper in, you're doing it wrong. The idea is, you put your plug in, wait for it to become loose enough 4-6 weeks or longer, then take it out and slide a new one in its place. It should be very easy, if you have to force it or it hurts in the slightest - it isnt ready to be stretched again.
    From your post it looks like you're using tapers as jewellery, which is a bad idea. Taper should only be used for opening up the hole before you put in a plug/tunnel. Tapers create an uneven stretch and can cause injury. A lot of people stretch with septum keepers; https://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/on...rs_3411266.cfm which are good because they have the rounded edge and they are cheap.

If you create scar tissue from stretching too fast, you will find it a lot harder to stretch in the future. Go back down to 1.6 or 2 (id go 1.6), put plugs in, massage your lobes daily with jojoba oil (or your product of choice) until they have improved and only then think about starting to stretch again.
    I'm Cherry *^-^*

Stretched: 20mm ears

Piercings: 1.6mm Cheeks, 2.4mm septum, 1.2mm medusa, 1.6mm conch, 1.2mm tragus, both ears pierced, 1 x microdermals, navel.

Tattoos: Half sleeve 1 session from finished, Angel-ey thing on each atm, Vines down spine, 5 butterflies on back. Daisy on inner thigh. Black heart on nape. Smiley face on knee.

Retired/Rejected: 13 microdermals, 2 surface bars, Monroe, 2 x navel, nostril, 2mm tongue, webbing, labret.

Thank you, I've just taken it out completley and put in a normal earing, and will soon be buying those spetum keepers. Thank you for your help and I'm using Vitamin E oil