Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tragus - Too late to save?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Tragus - Too late to save?

I got my tragus pierced in June and I think I must have slept on it or something because it's gotten REALLY irritated. I clean it at least twice every day and have stopped poking it with cotton buds for at least a month and it still won't calm down. Does it looks like it's beyond saving or should I see if it calms down? There's no pus coming out of it or anything it's just REALLY inflamed to the point where it's bigger than the ball. I' be heartbroken if I had to take it out :(
    Thanks in advance!

My tragus was like that, but on the advise of Spike on here I did SSS Soaks with cotton balls... basically he told me to get a cup off the salt solution, get 8-10 balls of cotton wool and soak a ball in the SSS (as hot as you can without burning yourself) and hold it on until the ball cools down completely and repeat that til u run out of the cotton wool balls. I also asked for some Fucidin cream off my doctor and since using the fucidin cream the lump has reduced in size rapidly...

Does it hurt?

Ps. I am going off experience, im not a professional, but I am sure one will be along soon x
    Last edited by UKRed; 10-01-2011 at 10:54 PM.
    .. U K R e d ..
    http://www.justgiving.com/Andrea-Smith-MND
    -------------
    PIERCINGS: 17
    Scaffold, Rook, Tragus (x2), 5mm Lobes and Standard Lobes
    Eyebrow (x2), Nose, Navel, Tongue, Snakebites, Central Labret and Medusa
    MICRODERMALS: 6
    Wrist (x2), Sternum (x3) and Under Eye
    TATTOOS:
    Elephant (forearm): Truck (hip): Half Music Sleeve in Progress
    WISHLIST:
    Tats: Harley Quinn, More to Music Sleeve & Medical Alert Details

How old is it?
    What is the bar made from?
    Does it seem too long/short?
    How are you cleaning it?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Well it LOOKS like hypertrophic scarring.

Does it hurt at all?
    Everyone else is out making something of themselves
    ... and I'm just sitting here eating Maoam.

Do sea salt soaks and/or chamomile compresses and just leave it alone other than that. Don't sleep on it, and try as hard as you can to NEVER touch it. Bumps usually come from the jewelry moving too much so make sure it gets messed with as little as possible.
    I'm Lindsay.
    Piercings:
    Ears: Right conch, left conch, left double helix, 1/2" lobes.
    Other: Both nostrils, septum, VCH, navel
    RIP: Left eyebrow, right double tragus
    7 tattoos!

I've been pouring a saline solution over it without touching it, trying to avoid sleeping on it/not putting earphones in etc. Generally it doesn't hurt but it does if it gets knocked or something. The bar doesn't feel too short, it still has room to move and there's no swelling on the inside just the outside. I'm not 100% on what the bar is made from, I didn't find out when I got it done, but I got my other piercings from the same place and they were fine. Sometimes it gets a little crispy sort of layer of skin shedding off, it's not bloody like a scab.

Quote Originally Posted by sherlockhart View Post
    I've been pouring a saline solution over it without touching it, trying to avoid sleeping on it/not putting earphones in etc. Generally it doesn't hurt but it does if it gets knocked or something. The bar doesn't feel too short, it still has room to move and there's no swelling on the inside just the outside. I'm not 100% on what the bar is made from, I didn't find out when I got it done, but I got my other piercings from the same place and they were fine. Sometimes it gets a little crispy sort of layer of skin shedding off, it's not bloody like a scab.
    You've just described exactly what I got on my conch a month or so ago - it was 6mm big at its largest, now about 0.5mm. I just focussed on it for a week with twice daily SSS and, when it looked a bit happier I left it completely alone - no touching, no soaks, just occasionally wiped a cotton bud (qtip) soaked in SSS if there was gunk or a big bit of dry skin. I totally agree with the idea of cotton wool balls, that's what I did with my tragus as it's a difficult place to soak (I found). Personally, I find with my body paying too much attention to bumps doesn't help; I pretend it's like a naughty child... ignore it for a bit and it gets bored and goes away, haha!! Hope that helps a bit.

I'd make sure it's titanium also, it doesn't matter if your other piercings were fine, you can develop allergies over time and sometimes in just one area. I am like poodle, anytime I have had hypertrophic scarring leaving it alone worked the best for me. For some soaking twice a day works though. You'll have to find out what works best for you, pouring saline over it won't do anything.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

You will probably find if you have had it for so long then it wont go with hot compress / camomile etc. Go to your GP and get some fucidin - this will (usually) clear it up fairly fast.
    SPIKE
    spike_bodyjewelleryshop@hotmail.co.uk

Piercings: 16MM Lobe, 5MM PA.

Retired Piercings: Lots, removed over 25 piercings in a momment of madness!

Facebook: http://facebook.com/Bodyjewellershopspike

I went back to my piercer and she drained most of the junk out and told me to use crushed up Aspiril and water to make a paste, to leave it on for 10 minutes and wash it off. I've done it twice now and since then the infection is almost completely gone, just a bit scabby now. Thanks so much for all your advice though *happy tragus*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast