Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Something regarding Bioplast in oral piercings...

Default Something regarding Bioplast in oral piercings...

Ok, so I've had the same bioplast barbell in my tongue since May, and it had never given me any problems. Until about a week ago... My tongue started swelling for no reason and hurting. I didnt even think to take the bar out to check it cause Ive been busy with exams so I figured it was just stress. I'm an idiot I know... I took it out today finally, and not only did it smell like death, but it looked like it had been peeling off and its surface was all rough. I'm lucky my tongue isnt actually infected. Needless to say, taking it out and replacing it with my emergency titanium bar provided imediate relief. Let's see if the swelling disappears completely with no problems now...

I'm posting this in case there are more people like me (doh) who aren't aware that while very comfy and all, bioplast NEEDS TO BE REPLACED OFTEN.

Me not being aware of this till recently, kept it in for all this time. So, replace your bioplast/bioflex often y'all.

This Public Service Anouncement brought to you by some delicious cappucino.
    Have
    Left - 2g Lobe, 12g Inner Conch
    Right - 2g 1st, 6g 2nd
    14g Venoms, 16g Central Labret

Want
    Philtrum
    2 Helixes/Outer Conches
    Faux Rook

RIP
    2 Lobes (R)
    Triple Forward Helixes (L)
    Central Tongue
    Eyebrow (L) ;_;
    Tragus (R)

tumblr

A lot of people agree and disagree with this. I've seen many people say the same thing as you. Personally, I agree, and I'm against any plastic in body piercings.

dpack_1

Only in oral piercings will you find you'll have problems with bioplast or ptfe. In any other part of your body it'll be fine. I've wore PTFE in my apadravya for 6 years now with no problem at all.

Yeah, people also wear acrylic everyday in their piercings and it's fine. It probably will be fine, but titanium is always better. People always say things like "but PTFE is used in operations!!". Er, yeah sometimes it is, but it certainly is much higher quality than the plastic you buy off BJS.

I've worn PTFE in my labret for 9 years and I only change the stem once a year or so when I've chomped thru it a bit and I've never had a problem with anything but maybe that's different to how it is in a tongue.

dpack_1

Quote Originally Posted by watermelon View Post
    Yeah, people also wear acrylic everyday in their piercings and it's fine. It probably will be fine, but titanium is always better. People always say things like "but PTFE is used in operations!!". Er, yeah sometimes it is, but it certainly is much higher quality than the plastic you buy off BJS.
    Thing is, side by side, titanium will break down before PTFE or Bioplast. So in anything other than oral piercings there is nothing wrong with bio-compatible plastics, the reason they dont last in tongues or other oral piercings is because a) acidic content in your mouth having an effect on the material and b) the fact people chew the fuck out of it and causes sharp edges and pockets for food / bacteria.

So yeah, i agree in oral piercings titanium is always better, but in any other body piercing you'd actually be better off with the bio-compatible plastics than any metal what so ever, which by very definition is impure due to them being natural materials over man made materials that go through more rigorous quality controls.

Titanium breaks down before the plastics? Really? I've a neometal bar in my daith and I think that is better quality than some PTFE? (using common sense, no facts).

Also, you say metal is better in oral, but you pierce cheeks with plastic?

dpack_1

Christ... you really are retarded.

It's a plastic, it's completely non-biodegradable, it'll be around for a fucking millennia. Metal on the other hand breaks down and erodes, even alloys will last less time than a man made material.

And yes, i use PTFE to pierce cheeks, and you'll see the two sets i've done on here recently are just fine, i do this for two reasons, the flexibility creates no pressure points in the healing period minimising migration, and secondly you can trim them down to fit exactly with the swelling rather than being stuck with set sizes or needing to spend a fortune on every 1 or 2mm increment of a titanium bar.

Both Sophie and Jordan will switch out to titanium labret bars when they are healed, at which point they wouldnt have had the PTFE in their mouth for no more than a month or two at most (as i've supplied them with 3 different lengths of PTFE with the piercing).

Really, just drop your vendetta against me, every single person i've pierced from this site has nothing but good things to say, not one of them has had problems with the piercings i've done for them. In fact you'll see in the two recent cheek diaries just how well they are doing, they are notoriously difficult to heal but with my placement, method and aftercare routine they are both better than perfect. I am good at what I do, I know more about piercing theory and practice than you. I know more about materials, methods, aftercare and complications than you. Accept that and move on. Quit trying to question me with your 'common sense', any time you want to question me just jump to the inevitable conclusion that you are wrong. You will always be wrong.

Just drop it. You will never win an argument with me.

Er, obviously you know more about piercings than me, seeing as you are a piercer. I don't really care if you do, I am in University and I'm happy with that.

Please don't flatter yourself by thinking I have something against you. I am quite happy to be civil with you. I just think sometimes you are odd, like obsessed with piercing cheeks at 2mm, yet genital piercings are 'fine at 1.6mm' (eek). Also, you autoclave jewellery and then put it on a shelf, as you believe the autoclave effect lasts. This is what I disagree with, not your knowledge on the breakdown of materials.

Think you always win 'arguments' if you want... I'm just a student on a forum in my spare time!

dpack_1

Thats because genitals can be pierced at 1.6, i'm living proof of that as are every client i've pierced, including members on here. Cheeks are not genitals, and pretty much do require 2mm jewellery. If you can't see the logic in this then don't try questioning it and just get the fact that i know more than you and you are wrong.

As for the autoclave stuff, again, if i were doing something wrong for the past 6 years i'm pretty sure someone would have come back complaining of an infection, alas, they havent, so what do you know, i guess i'm right. But if you want to insist that every single person that walks through the door needs to wait 30 mins while we autoclave everything infront of them only to contaminate it the second we pick it up with a pair of gloves (remember that one, where you claimed that all gloves are sterile... yeah they arent) then go ahead, but you'd still be wrong.

As for 'flattering' myself in thinking you have something against me, everyone i've pierced has noticed it and said they dont get why you continually try to question me. So it's not just me that notices it. The difference is i'm not about to sit back and watch it like they do as it directly involves me.

Just stop questioning what i do or say, it really isn't worth it and continually makes you look silly, yet you continue to do it in almost every post i make.

And lastly, i'm just a body piercer that spends my spare time on a forum, im not quite sure what your point is there.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast