Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do you have piercings?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    keeponsingin

Default Why do you have piercings?

I'm always curious why people have piercings, so I now pose this question to all of you: Why do you have piercings?

I have my lobes done because I've always thought that they're so pretty and nice with all the earrings you can put in etc. I remember wanting my lobes done when I was only about 5, although my mom wouldn't let me until I was 12.

I have my other ear piercings (helix and rook) because I think they look awesome.

I have my navel piercing because I'm not 100% happy with my body and it makes me feel better about it...

And there's also an element of asserting my independence/rebellion. My parents pretty much hate piercings other than standard lobes (not that they'll admit it, but whatever)...and I always knew that I wanted piercings but didn't start getting them until this year because I cared so much about what my parents thought/had to say about it that it kept me from doing it and now I say screw it, I'm an adult it's my body and my money so I can and will do what I want.

Well imo...my piercings are a form of empowerment for me I guess. Knowing that I have the power to put something aesthetically beautiful in my body and nobody can tell me to remove it if I don't want to feels good I feel like its the ONE thing I do have control over all of the time. And in some twisted way it's also a form of stress relief to me it's like when I get a new shiney I get extremely happy and it makes me feel unstressed and makes me feel better. There's also the anatomical fascination that's amazing to me I mean c'mon what's not fascinating about being able to shove a foreign object through your body and your body being able to accept it? lol I dunno maybe I'm just weird like that.
    What I Have Currently:Venoms (9/23/11),1 Set of lobes (both stretched to 1.6 mm),1 Eyebrow,Tongue,
    What I Want: Scaffolding (L & R), Tragus (L & R)
    What I'm Thinking about getting: Bridge,Nipples
    Retired: Helix (L & R) (Gunned),Labret

"I Find It Kind Of Funny,I Find It Kind Of Sad,
    The Dreams In Which I'm Dieing Are The Best I've Ever Had."

keeponsingin

I know what you mean about it making you feel unstressed etc. Having a new piercing is such a great pick-me-up!!

That it is. I often find that most of the time when I've gotten my piercings done it was at a time when I was stressed and had a lot going on and I always felt better afterwards.
    What I Have Currently:Venoms (9/23/11),1 Set of lobes (both stretched to 1.6 mm),1 Eyebrow,Tongue,
    What I Want: Scaffolding (L & R), Tragus (L & R)
    What I'm Thinking about getting: Bridge,Nipples
    Retired: Helix (L & R) (Gunned),Labret

"I Find It Kind Of Funny,I Find It Kind Of Sad,
    The Dreams In Which I'm Dieing Are The Best I've Ever Had."

The piercing process is a real stress release for me too. The more painful they are the more I feel a great tension release. I lack confidence and my piercings give me a sense of acheivement. I like being 'different' and also love researching my next piercing and planning eventual jewellery and make myself wait quite a while to get it. Enjoying the anticipation whilst also using it as an incentive and a reward.

dpack_1

I do because... why not? It's that simple, no spiritual journey, no "it looks totally awesome", no "it makes me feel better", it's not the adrenaline, the stress relief, absolutely nothing... i get bored, i grab a needle, i have a new hole.

I guess being a piercer myself makes the whole thing entirely different though.

also showing were not the same as every other boring fucker out there

dpack_1

Quote Originally Posted by jod1231 View Post
    also showing were not the same as every other boring fucker out there
    More people have piercings than those that dont. So yeah, you're just the same as 'every other boring fucker out there'. Seriously piercings are no longer seen as a rebellious thing on a macro scale, only in closed communities, strict parents or shitty jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by dpack_1 View Post
    More people have piercings than those that dont. So yeah, you're just the same as 'every other boring fucker out there'. Seriously piercings are no longer seen as a rebellious thing on a macro scale, only in closed communities, strict parents or shitty jobs.
    Yeah, and I wouldn't consider pierced people "more fun" than the "boring fuckers" xD

Because I want to. Most piercings I have are just...meant to be there :P And when I first get them i feel really accomplished.
    Then there are those that I just get because they're rather fun and exciting (genital piercings)
    But as for stretching ears (and labret when I get it), that's somehow more meaningful to me. I enjoy every minute of the process and having them and I'm damn proud. It took a lot of time and dedication to get to this point. They grew with me. That's why I hate when people take stretching so lightly and as a fad and no respect for their body :/

26mm both lobes, 6mm second lobes, 6mm left inner conch, 8mm septum, 2.4mm inner labia, 1.6mm nipples, 1.2mm nostril
    18x18cm mandala scarification on thigh

tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by dpack_1 View Post
    Love it! Ha! My parents are totally strict! But now being self employed I'm like........and the reason I can't have a piercing is??!! I'm in my 30's btw haha!
    pierced....nape, Tragus, conch, 2 lobe piercings each side, dermal on butterfly tat

Retired ....belly button (grew out) and now my washboard stomach is a thing of the past :fronose
    got nose piercing even with hay fever

Love dermals cos they are so versatile

Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast