Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do you have piercings?

keeponsingin

Default Why do you have piercings?

I'm always curious why people have piercings, so I now pose this question to all of you: Why do you have piercings?

I have my lobes done because I've always thought that they're so pretty and nice with all the earrings you can put in etc. I remember wanting my lobes done when I was only about 5, although my mom wouldn't let me until I was 12.

I have my other ear piercings (helix and rook) because I think they look awesome.

I have my navel piercing because I'm not 100% happy with my body and it makes me feel better about it...

And there's also an element of asserting my independence/rebellion. My parents pretty much hate piercings other than standard lobes (not that they'll admit it, but whatever)...and I always knew that I wanted piercings but didn't start getting them until this year because I cared so much about what my parents thought/had to say about it that it kept me from doing it and now I say screw it, I'm an adult it's my body and my money so I can and will do what I want.

Well imo...my piercings are a form of empowerment for me I guess. Knowing that I have the power to put something aesthetically beautiful in my body and nobody can tell me to remove it if I don't want to feels good I feel like its the ONE thing I do have control over all of the time. And in some twisted way it's also a form of stress relief to me it's like when I get a new shiney I get extremely happy and it makes me feel unstressed and makes me feel better. There's also the anatomical fascination that's amazing to me I mean c'mon what's not fascinating about being able to shove a foreign object through your body and your body being able to accept it? lol I dunno maybe I'm just weird like that.
    What I Have Currently:Venoms (9/23/11),1 Set of lobes (both stretched to 1.6 mm),1 Eyebrow,Tongue,
    What I Want: Scaffolding (L & R), Tragus (L & R)
    What I'm Thinking about getting: Bridge,Nipples
    Retired: Helix (L & R) (Gunned),Labret

"I Find It Kind Of Funny,I Find It Kind Of Sad,
    The Dreams In Which I'm Dieing Are The Best I've Ever Had."

keeponsingin

I know what you mean about it making you feel unstressed etc. Having a new piercing is such a great pick-me-up!!

That it is. I often find that most of the time when I've gotten my piercings done it was at a time when I was stressed and had a lot going on and I always felt better afterwards.
    What I Have Currently:Venoms (9/23/11),1 Set of lobes (both stretched to 1.6 mm),1 Eyebrow,Tongue,
    What I Want: Scaffolding (L & R), Tragus (L & R)
    What I'm Thinking about getting: Bridge,Nipples
    Retired: Helix (L & R) (Gunned),Labret

"I Find It Kind Of Funny,I Find It Kind Of Sad,
    The Dreams In Which I'm Dieing Are The Best I've Ever Had."

The piercing process is a real stress release for me too. The more painful they are the more I feel a great tension release. I lack confidence and my piercings give me a sense of acheivement. I like being 'different' and also love researching my next piercing and planning eventual jewellery and make myself wait quite a while to get it. Enjoying the anticipation whilst also using it as an incentive and a reward.

dpack_1

I do because... why not? It's that simple, no spiritual journey, no "it looks totally awesome", no "it makes me feel better", it's not the adrenaline, the stress relief, absolutely nothing... i get bored, i grab a needle, i have a new hole.

I guess being a piercer myself makes the whole thing entirely different though.

away of expressing ourselves..

also showing were not the same as every other boring fucker out there

I just like them.
    Current: 2 in my tongue, 10mm left lobe, 9mm right lobe, septum, nipples, apadravya

I just love the way they look and always have! For me it's also a sign of being mature in the sense that I can go and get something pierced and look after it. It's also a good adrenaline rush getting something pierced! Also love just having piercings and knowing that I'm not like everyone else. Wouldn't change it for the world tbh!

Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast