Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Why do you have piercings?

Because they look awesome :P
    ..::All I know are apologies | Do you feel the shame?::..

For me, I had general lobe piercings but then navel got popular so I wanted that... I then got 2 tattoos three years later but needed to stop the craving for more tatts - I liked piercings anyway, so I got my tongue pierced. After all, piercings are only temporary I did quite well and only got another 3 piercings between then (2004) and 2011 and only just broke on a third tattoo this month So piercings did their job, creating a 9 year gap between tattoos... Unfortunately, I now want both tattoos and piercings... Argh!

In short: piercings were mostly there to stop tattoo craving! Now it's 50-50 on that and 50-50 because they're purdy and I'm a magpie...

because i like them, think they look pretty and would feel completely naked without them now! :P
    Hi i'm Paige

Currently: MD just under eye, Central Labret, Medusa, L Lobe, R Lobe, Tongue
    Retired: Wrist (surface)
    Want: Second lobes, lots more ink.
    Ink: Pink Floyd Division bell heads, one on each arm with a word under each one. Pink floyd D.S.O.T.M prism on R thigh. Eagle and snake on R arm. Lyrics down L arm. Cameo on L thigh.

Quote Originally Posted by justanimage View Post
    After all, piercings are only temporary
    Really?!

None of mine are temporary. OK I've had to retire a few from rejection, and got rid of a pair of lobe piercings that were in the way of stretching, but I've never looked on ANY piercing as temporary. If I don't want it for life, I don't want it.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Quote Originally Posted by kitebunny View Post
    Really?!

None of mine are temporary. OK I've had to retire a few from rejection, and got rid of a pair of lobe piercings that were in the way of stretching, but I've never looked on ANY piercing as temporary. If I don't want it for life, I don't want it.
    +1, the only time a piercing has been temporary for me is because of rejection, didn't like the placement (although that was sorted) and a few that I simply couldn't heal. I never intend for any to be temporary though as Anne says above.

It's like when people go on about saggy lobes when you're old and don't want stretched ears anymore, I'm already old, I'll have them when I'm older too haha!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

^ hell yeah I'd rather have saggy lobes with gorgeous plugs in than just saggy boring "normal" lobes :P

VCH, 5mm tongue

I just tell my parents they're temporary.....keeps em happy ha! I love piercings
    pierced....nape, Tragus, conch, 2 lobe piercings each side, dermal on butterfly tat

Retired ....belly button (grew out) and now my washboard stomach is a thing of the past :fronose
    got nose piercing even with hay fever

Love dermals cos they are so versatile

... I suppose they're more temporary than tattoos, in that you can take them out and just be left with a small scar. (Or dimples in the case of cheek piercings.)

I'd still never get a piercing that I didn't think would last though. Waste of time/effort/money, plus I scar easily and that would be a permanent reminder of "failure" lol.
    The scars on my nips and lobes from my retired piercings actually still really annoy me :P

VCH, 5mm tongue

With the exception of stretched lobes/labret etc, i see piercings as potential temporary. for instance if i turn 50 and don't like them anymore i can take them out.
    Piercings:
    L Ear: 13mm lobe, 8mm lobe, snug, industrial, daith, tragus
    R Ear: 13mm lobe, 8mm lobe, 4 x helix, rook, tragus
    Other: 6mm Tongue, Septum, bridge/erl, 2 x philtrum

Retired:
    Christina, Left eyebrow, Industrial (R Ear), 5mm lip

Tattoos:
    Star on left forearm
    'Freedom' in script on right forearm
    GITS Neck Ports
    Dragon Quest Slime on left wrist

Cosmetic tattoos:
    Eyeliner
    Eyebrows (‘retired’)

Stretchings, piercings and tats are becoming more popular.....I reckon it soon won't be deemed as strange to be old and have body mods!
    pierced....nape, Tragus, conch, 2 lobe piercings each side, dermal on butterfly tat

Retired ....belly button (grew out) and now my washboard stomach is a thing of the past :fronose
    got nose piercing even with hay fever

Love dermals cos they are so versatile