Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Why do you have piercings?

There's a few reasons.

1. I like planning piercings, researching what to get next. This forum has influenced my choice of piercings a lot.
    2. I love the pain and the adreneline rush. I look at piercings as a way to test your body, so healing a piercing fully is such a great feeling.
    3. I love how they look
    4. I come from a conservative family and am a typical straight A student, so I guess piercings are my way of rebelling and showing my individuality within my family

Also they are so addictive! In the past year I've had second and third lobes, septum, tragus, navel and rook piercings and have lots more planned
    Hi, call me Starry
    Lover of art, music and mods.

Current:
    Left Ear: Stretched lobe @ 4mm, two standard lobes, tragus
    Right Ear: Stretched lobe @ 4mm, one standard lobe, auricle, rook
    Septum

RIP Standard Navel
    Piercings I want: Rook (left side), Horizontal nipple x2, helix, central labret

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" - Oscar Wilde
    Con el tiempo, todo se consigue

It shows that I'm in control of my body and if I want to get something pierced, I can do it and will do it.
    PLus, I just like how I feel and look with them

I think it is a good way of showing self-expression, accentuating desirable features, and showing that you are a free-spirit

I've had my first lobe piercing since i was just a baby, then when i was 11 my dad took me to get my second ones done... when i was 16 my best friend and i got our rooks pierced together..since then, i've loved it.. i like the pain of getting them done. i like the aftercare, gives me something to do when i'm bored. and plus they look awesome.. i've gotten a new piercing every year after that!

Each one has particular meaning to me, spiritually speaking. Though my tongue I did because I wanted too, and I made my fiancee go with me and do his as a bonding experience. He goes with me for every one I get done, and I always value his opinion as to whether they will look good on me.

Current piercings--14
    Retired--14
    Tattoos--2

I just think they look pretty.
    Current piercings:
    Left ear: 7 x lobes, right ear: 2 x lobes, auricle, inner conch. Central labret, left nostril, right nostril x 2

Past piercings:
    Navel, right tragus, 2 x right helix

Future piercings:
    Right ear: Tragus, triple forward helix

Considering:
    VCH, tongue frenulum

I have two lobes per side and one cartilage (done at home, except for the first set which was done back when i was like.... three), and my septum. I love being able to decorate my body however I please

Because I want to!

I have them to show individuality, and again the 'form of self expression'. I got my naval piercing when I lost weight and toned up a bit, so that's extra special for me :3
    I also, weirdly, like the pain and then having to look after it.
    Finally I love planning my piercings and getting different jewellery, & they pretty.
    Hi, i'm sophie (:
    fitness lover film lover animal lover

♣ ριεяcιηgs ♣
    double lobes
    tragus
    naval
    ♢helix

planned:
    ♢snug

Quote Originally Posted by dpack_1 View Post
    More people have piercings than those that dont. So yeah, you're just the same as 'every other boring fucker out there'. Seriously piercings are no longer seen as a rebellious thing on a macro scale, only in closed communities, strict parents or shitty jobs.
    Love it! Ha! My parents are totally strict! But now being self employed I'm like........and the reason I can't have a piercing is??!! I'm in my 30's btw haha!
    pierced....nape, Tragus, conch, 2 lobe piercings each side, dermal on butterfly tat

Retired ....belly button (grew out) and now my washboard stomach is a thing of the past :fronose
    got nose piercing even with hay fever

Love dermals cos they are so versatile