Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do you have piercings?

Yes!! but i guess something is always a source of inspiration for taking a foot ahead.. agree??

No idea what that means sorry!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I get piercings because I like the way they look on me! It's nothing to do with attention and I have no interest in what other people think of the piercings I get as I love them
    Sarah

"Do not go gentle into the good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Posts merged into existing thread.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Mainly the same reasons people have already said a lot... I like how it looks, it's an assertion of independence/maturity, the piercing process itself feels more rewarding perhaps because of the momentary pain you brave, not to mention the rush of endorphins.

Quote Originally Posted by theoctopuslady View Post
    For me, it's for enhancement. I think people can always be more beautiful and interesting. My boyfriend broke his nose a while ago and ended up having a crooked nose and deviated septum. He got his septum pierced and it made his already characteristic nose even more interesting. I have two different eyebrows, one of which is nearly flat and the other is is extremely arched. I got the arched one pierced. I love how piercings can make unique characteristics even better! Like when people with skin tags or webbed feet get their "defects" pierced.
    I love that! I love when people embrace and play up their more quirky features with, say, make-up, and piercings are a great way to do that too. I have this single freckle under my left eye that I love, and I contemplated getting an MD under my other eye as a way of playing that up (decided it was too close to the eye to be feasible, but you get the idea). I still think about getting my eyebrow(s) done to highlight my eyes, since my eyes are one of my favorite features.
    Have: 2g lobes (11/11/12); L 16g conch (07/27/12); 14g VCH (09/01/12) | Next: stretch ALL the things! (lobes: 1g; VCH: 12g)
    Also Want: 8g septum, outer labia, nipples; too many tattoo ideas for my own good; goal size for lobes = 1/2" - 5/8"
    Is it weird that I love piercing crusties...?

Well M fanatic about piercing and would like to get my body parts pierced. Cute and tiny jewels accessible for difefrent body parts make it look like a relevant part and when my friends get an observationb they really appreciate my exclsuive ideas of piercing.. I love it to have it on my navel, ears and above eyebrows...

The reasons I personally get piercings is that I've been self concious of the way I look and my body size for as long as I can remember and now I've got piercings I feel that these little pieces of metal have changed the way I think about my self, they make me feel pretty and less self concious. I care less about what people think about me or my piercings! I'm happy so screw everyone else's opinion
    Current piercings: 2x 2 anti eyebrow md, 2x 3rd third eye (vertical forehead) md, 2x chest md, cheeks, vertical medusa, central labret, navel, conch, 4x lobes firsts at 26mm 2x helix, nostril, wrist surface,.smiley, 2x nippes, 4mm septum and 3mm conch punch

Other body mods: 1.6mm nostril, other conch punch 3mm , other wrist surface, 2x nape md, 1x chest md, labret to 8mm and septum to 5mm

I have to agree with RoyalBlood. If I don't like the way a bodypart looks I get a piercing in it (if possible), which is probably why I have piercings all over my body because I don't really like any of it. I love the way piercings look so it makes me feel better about that body part.
    Violet Gothique
    23 piercings:
    2 stretched lobes 12mm, 4 lobes, scaffold, tragus, 3 helix, conch,
    bridge, nostril, medusa, 2 snakebites, 2 tongue, 2 nipples, navel, christina

Retired: rook, eyebrow, munroe, 3 arm 2 central labrets, tragus surface piercing

Facebook - Twitter

You know this is a rather hard question.
    I have no idea.
    I don't get them because I need to be pierced. If it looks nice and suits me or brings out feature I get them

It's like tattoes. It's a body art

A plain peice of paper looks more beautiful with sparkles

Whereas RoyalBlood and Violet Gothique get the parts pierced they tend to not like, I'm actually the exact opposite. I get the parts pierced I already like, and when I do I love them even more. I agree that piercings are a great way of making certain spots more loveable, somewhat more unique and interesting. For me, they draw attention to the spots that I love but others might not notice at first glance. I like the way they look and think they're fun to have and they do in a way make me happy when I see them.
    Current: Left ear; 2x lobes 1mm, conch 1.6mm, rook 1.2mm.
    Right ear; 2x lobes 1mm, conch 1.6mm, 3x helix 1.2mm

Retired; Sternum md.