Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Why do you have piercings?

I love the way it can make you express yourself

the way the jewelry looks on the body is the best part.

I just have my ears pierced because it's a typical pretty bit of jewelry.
    My belly button is more of symbolism for crazy youth seeing as I did it myself with my best friend. I also think they're very pretty and it does make me feel better about my less-than-perfect body.
    As for my nose, I've always thought nose (nostril) piercings were so beautiful.

Some of the reasons I have piercings

- They look awesome
    - It's an excuse to wear more sparkles in/on unconventional areas
    - some signify a period of rebellion in my teens
    - others signify a period a self discovery and acceptance entering/in adulthood
    - I enjoy the build up and anticipation of getting a new piercing
    - I like getting pierced, I enjoy the adrenaline and the moment
    - not going to lie, sometimes I like a little bit of attention and find some piercings, ones that can be seen, are conversation starters

Someone mentioned piercing as a way of dealing with stress/nerves and I never thought of it like that before.... now that I have I think there's truth in that. I've gone through that in the past and I'm currently going through that right now as I'm researching my next piercing.

Feels nice (pain) and looks nice
    Current:
    Tragus x2
    Nostril x1
    Septum x1
    Lip x3 = Snakebite + Labret
    Ear left Lobe x3 + Helix x1
    Ear right Lobe x3 + 8mm Tunnel
    Tongue x1
    Dermals x2 on right temple
    Navel x1

Retired:
    Dermal on neck

Want:
    Medusa
    Cheeks

Tattoos:
    10 separate various places
    1 Sleeve right arm
    Full back

I have piercings for the same reason anyone else wears jewellery! They are a form of accessory or decoration for my body.

hm, not sure if i've already posted in this, seems like something i would've.. probably not though, i've not been on here for a while!

my reasons;

*to make myself look better, just like wearing different clothes, changing hair colours and styles, it enhances my image
    *because i can, i like the fact that i can just go and get whatever i want, whenever i want because i want it (not 18+ piercings atm, obviously, but you get the jist )
    *addictive. i originally would have wanted like, say 7 at the most, but as time goes by i see more and more i want and just get them!
    poh of the undead~

face: septum, cheeks
    oral: smiley, tongue web, venoms
    right ear: horizontal industrial, 16mm stretched lobe
    left ear: 2mm lobe
    retired: spiderbites (don't look right with cheeks) and my 2 collarbone dermals

I have piercings because I absolutely love them. I find them creative and fun. I don't have many now, but once I can, I plan on getting many more!

I guess I liked feeling like I was taking control of my body? That, and I think cartilage piercings are pretty . And unlike a tattoo you can always take out your piercings, so I thought why not.

Most of my piercings were done while I was still in high school. So, I guess having piercings other than my lobes was my way to rebel against my school's "1 set of lobes only" rule, which I still reckon is a load of horse shit! They have always been a good conversation starter, I love sharing my experiences and recommending the place I religiously get pierced at. The biggest thing would have to be that I got pierced to try and defeat my fear of needles. I can sit still and get pierced without freaking out, however, I still freak whenever I need blood taken from me by a doctor or need a shot.
    Current Piercings: 3x lobes (each ear), 2x helix (left ear), tragus (right ear), rook (right ear), tongue, navel.
    Retired Piercings: Nose, industrial.
    Wishlist: Industrial, Spider Bites, Nose.
    Tattoos: ​None yet.