Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Why do you have piercings?

Quote Originally Posted by *Stella* View Post
    I meant people who want piercings when they are young, but assume they will no longer want them when they hit 40. I think if you like them enough to get them you are going to continue to like them.
    True but in some cases they may be right, guess we're allowed to change our minds and all that.

Wind back to my late teens and if someone told me I'd have a genital piercing let alone a nostril, septum or double nipple piercing I'd have fallen down laughing

Oh how things change
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I think that they add a degree of mystery and intrigue to a person!
    That and a good conversation starter!

Not that I really have that much piercings right now, but I get them (and want to get them) because I think they look adorable - in moderation. Plus, if you decide you don't want them after time, you can always take them out - unlike a tattoo (not that I don't want a tattoo, but... yeah ). And it's always something to talk about :P

Have: 4 R lobe + tragus + double helix
    3 L lobe + 2 lobe/cartilage (arguable) + rook + inner conch
    tongue
    L horizontal nipple
    VCH
    Want: Triangle
    Double nostril - same side (?)
    R ankle tattoo + ribs tattoo

Not in any order:

-I think in moderation they can accentuate a persons looks
    -they are pretty
    - I like the pain :P and challenge of getting them to heal nicely
    - I like that I can get them and retire them when I want, so my image can change as I grow
    - I like being part of the piercing community - all nice people

Mimi that's brill ......completely agree!
    pierced....nape, Tragus, conch, 2 lobe piercings each side, dermal on butterfly tat

Retired ....belly button (grew out) and now my washboard stomach is a thing of the past :fronose
    got nose piercing even with hay fever

Love dermals cos they are so versatile

Current: Tongue, Navel, Scaffold, lobes
    Retired: Clavicle micro dermals

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post
    I get what you mean now, you mean they're not permanent

Personally I want to have more modifications by the time I'm 40 not to be losing them!
    Glad I make sense now, hehe x

Quote Originally Posted by *Stella* View Post
    I don't get why people think they won't want piercings etc by the time they are 40. I had my labret pierced when I was 40, and I'm still wearing the nose and ear piercings I had done as a teenager. I am loving my forties, I am still young and sexy! Piercing-wise, I didn't add any (other than my navel at 30) in my twenties and thirties, it is then that you are trying to build a career, by the time you hit your forties you are already established and can get away with more mods at work.
    It wasn't anything to do with 40 in particular being a turning point or being less sexy, more to do with how long I'll have had my piercings by that age and potential boredom with some of them x I will probably have different new ones by then or after then, I was just meaning I may well have retired some of my current ones by then x

God I'm crap at phrasing LOL

Quote Originally Posted by justanimage View Post
    It wasn't anything to do with 40 in particular being a turning point or being less sexy, more to do with how long I'll have had my piercings by that age and potential boredom with some of them x I will probably have different new ones by then or after then, I was just meaning I may well have retired some of my current ones by then x

God I'm crap at phrasing LOL
    Nooo you're not, you made sense to me. It's just that some people won't have your viewpoint, I'd like to think on here that we're all accepting of others decisions! I understand yours totally!!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

i try to only get piercings i can see myself with in 10 or 20 years. i hate to think i spent the time, money, pain, and jewelry to just retire them and have scars. scars dont bother me or i wouldnt have gotten piercings but jewelry is prettier
    Hi, I'm Megan.
    current:
    1st and 2nd lobes, both sides
    double helix,daith left
    tragus, conch, right
    nostril, right

10g septum
    standard navel
    VCH
    Christina
    tattoos:
    lily on left rib, needs a quote to finish

future possibles:
    industrial,
    double outer labia
    philtrum,
    second nostril
    retired:
    horizontal nipples both

I like to get pierced because i find piercings very cool and sometimes even cute. Also, getting a new piercing is like a challenge to me. After getting pierced i feel kind of stronger because i know that even if i am nervous/afraid of something i CAN do things i want. The more i am nervous before getting it done, the better i feel after. As other people have said, piercing works as dealing with stress/nerves. But i am not afraid to get my lobes or helix pierced anymore so i am trying to find some more extreme ideas for my future piercings. I always get pierced when i feel stress...