Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Why do you have piercings?

Quote Originally Posted by Inlovewithpiercing:-) View Post
    Stretchings, piercings and tats are becoming more popular.....I reckon it soon won't be deemed as strange to be old and have body mods!
    I am living proof of this LOL!

I know plenty of people in their 40's/50's with mods, my dad was covered in tattoos as well.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by kitebunny View Post

I'd still never get a piercing that I didn't think would last though. Waste of time/effort/money, plus I scar easily and that would be a permanent reminder of "failure" lol.
    The scars on my nips and lobes from my retired piercings actually still really annoy me :P
    I agree with you on that, would never get MD's/surface piercings cause I don't see the point. They also seem a bit fragile to me, I would hate to be concious of something on my skin like that, same with navels.

Now
    : 11mm lobes. 6mm septum.
    helix. tongue. rook. 5mm conch punches L & R.
    central labret. industrial. double nostrils.
    philtrum. tattoos.

Retired: snakebites. nostril x 2. 2nd & 3rd lobes.
    helix. outer conch. nipple.

Next: tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

Personally, my first reason for wanting piercings is the aesthetic appeal they have to me, if I begin to think about a piercing and have seen it look good on someone, I consider it for myself. For example at age 12 I had recently got my lobes pierced for the first time and never thought of it before secondary school. As I got older I began to think about piercings I had never even realised existed, at 16 I got my navel pierced out of respect for my Mum not wanting to give me permission to do it a year previously. Then I got my labret done, then my tongue, then another labret and before long I reached my current number of piercings. The other reason is the great sense of achievement from getting a new piercing, I never get them done for anyone but myself, and the other day I finally had my septum pierced which I had wanted for four years but never did because everyone said "no don't do that to yourself!" or "it won't look good" or because I didn't have the money and preferred other piercings. But my desire outweighed the nerves I had about it and now I'm really happy I have it ^^ yes, the sense of achievement is definitely one of the best things about it for me, and seeing it through til it's healed.

Quote Originally Posted by kitebunny View Post
    Really?!

None of mine are temporary. OK I've had to retire a few from rejection, and got rid of a pair of lobe piercings that were in the way of stretching, but I've never looked on ANY piercing as temporary. If I don't want it for life, I don't want it.
    That was poor phrasing on my part. I meant that if at some point you change your mind on it for any reason at all, you can just take it out. You can't do that with tattoos well, excluding lasering... But you know what I mean. It's not an easy option.

I haven't retired a single piercing, and don't intend to just yet. I'm just very open to the fact I will at some point - I see navel going by the time I hit 40! I've had it 12 years already. I think my tongue one will go too, purely as I've contemplated it already but then I take it out and can't talk properly so it goes straight back in haha.

I don't consider any temporary, just that you have the option to get rid of it

So yeah, just bad phrasing on my part guys sorry

Well, I had my navel because it made me feel sexier... my tongue because i wanted to play with it since i am really nervous
    an also because i love how everyone is impressed like : " wow ! you have your tongue pierced ? :O " my nose because it is so simple and beautiful, just love how it looks on my face

I got my tongue done a week and a half ago because I love the aesthetic of it as well as the jewellery options! It's also fun to play with (although to be fair I still have the long bar in there - so easy to play with lol)... and it actually has helped me feel sexier (this was mentioned above, regarding a navel piercing) It's also not a super common piercing. Like EVERYONE seems to have lobes, quite a few the helix, and then... well yeah, you get the idea. While I know others have it, it still manages to make me feel special, cause I was daring enough to get it done and follow through
    Piercings:
    Current: tongue
    Retired: tragus (l), first lobes (if it works out, will get redone. For 4th time)
    To come: 2nd lobes, regular nostril (l) (possibly)

Tattoos:

Current: "Always" deer - right foot
    "Illegitimi non carborundum" Eiffel tower - right arm
    "It goes on" + flying bird silhouettes - left foot

Next in line: Either "Breathe" (left wrist), or "To everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose" (upper left ribcage).
    ~Sarah

Quote Originally Posted by justanimage View Post
    That was poor phrasing on my part. I meant that if at some point you change your mind on it for any reason at all, you can just take it out. You can't do that with tattoos well, excluding lasering... But you know what I mean. It's not an easy option.

I haven't retired a single piercing, and don't intend to just yet. I'm just very open to the fact I will at some point - I see navel going by the time I hit 40! I've had it 12 years already. I think my tongue one will go too, purely as I've contemplated it already but then I take it out and can't talk properly so it goes straight back in haha.

I don't consider any temporary, just that you have the option to get rid of it

So yeah, just bad phrasing on my part guys sorry
    I get what you mean now, you mean they're not permanent

Personally I want to have more modifications by the time I'm 40 not to be losing them!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I don't get why people think they won't want piercings etc by the time they are 40. I had my labret pierced when I was 40, and I'm still wearing the nose and ear piercings I had done as a teenager. I am loving my forties, I am still young and sexy! Piercing-wise, I didn't add any (other than my navel at 30) in my twenties and thirties, it is then that you are trying to build a career, by the time you hit your forties you are already established and can get away with more mods at work.
    Current piercings:
    Left ear: 7 x lobes, right ear: 2 x lobes, auricle, inner conch. Central labret, left nostril, right nostril x 2

Past piercings:
    Navel, right tragus, 2 x right helix

Future piercings:
    Right ear: Tragus, triple forward helix

Considering:
    VCH, tongue frenulum

Quote Originally Posted by *Stella* View Post
    I don't get why people think they won't want piercings etc by the time they are 40. I had my labret pierced when I was 40, and I'm still wearing the nose and ear piercings I had done as a teenager. I am loving my forties, I am still young and sexy! Piercing-wise, I didn't add any (other than my navel at 30) in my twenties and thirties, it is then that you are trying to build a career, by the time you hit your forties you are already established and can get away with more mods at work.
    Some people won't get why we have piercings at all, each to their own I say!

I started really getting more and more piercings when I was 30 so no way am I taking them out or covering up tattoos just 10 years down the line. As for career, I've worked for myself for the past 7 years and want to carry on doing so for the rest of my life if possible. Even if I didn't I've never worked in customer facing or food/drink based roles so my mods shouldn't be an issue with most companies.

I meant people who want piercings when they are young, but assume they will no longer want them when they hit 40. I think if you like them enough to get them you are going to continue to like them.
    I am also self-employed now, but do still work part-time for the company that used to employ me. When I worked directly for them i didn't wear any piercings. Mostly because it wasn't practical (I lecture in Animal Care at a FE college, so no jewellery can be worn during practical sessions.) I now wear my piercings for classroom based lessons, if I am not doing a practical that day. No-one has ever said anything, (except the students who think it is cool.) but if they don't like it, they can't sack me, as I don't work for them any more.
    Current piercings:
    Left ear: 7 x lobes, right ear: 2 x lobes, auricle, inner conch. Central labret, left nostril, right nostril x 2

Past piercings:
    Navel, right tragus, 2 x right helix

Future piercings:
    Right ear: Tragus, triple forward helix

Considering:
    VCH, tongue frenulum