Thread: Jewellery size question

Default Jewellery size question

Quick question, ok I know everyone's different so i'm looking for a rough size :p

for my tragus piercing I'm planning on wearing a BCR however no idea what diameter to get, it's pierced at 1.2 and I tried holding up a 1.6x8mm BCR to it and I though it was to big so I'm not sure which size to go for :/

For you guys that have your tragus done what sizes do you use?
    http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y10...igs/dibsam.jpg

Current:
    Right Ear - Lobe 10mm
    Left Ear - Lobe 10mm
    Lip - Lower right side
    Septum
    Tattoo - Anatomical heart with wings left lower arm

Near Future:
    Full japanese sleeve on right arm

Well, I'm no expert but going for a 1.6 is going up a size. Whilst this may not be a big problem (altho I've never tried it) depending how new the peircing is you don't really wanna mess with it. Maybe stick with a 1.2 BCR to begin with, altho I personally find a barbell is more comfortable and less agrivating. I have a 1.2 Blackline barbell that I've just downsized to 6mm. It feels great but if it ever swells up (it does so randomly sometimes) I have an 8mm barbell ready for it. That's my opinion but someone more knowledgable will be here soon

Any reason why you're stretching it? I think I've tried a BCR in mine and it was 8mm maybe 10mm, best way to find out is just buy a couple of sizes or go to a piercer and get them to sort it for you.

Also if you are going to stretch you want to make sure it's a good 18-24months old and really well behaved.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Wasn't very clear sorry, I only have the one BCR around which is 1.6, I was only holding it to get an idea of size I'm not stretching it. Just the thought of traveling into town for just a quick visit aha think that's probably my best option

Cheers for replying though!
    http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y10...igs/dibsam.jpg

Current:
    Right Ear - Lobe 10mm
    Left Ear - Lobe 10mm
    Lip - Lower right side
    Septum
    Tattoo - Anatomical heart with wings left lower arm

Near Future:
    Full japanese sleeve on right arm