Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New to piercings (extremely n00b)

Wink New to piercings (extremely n00b)

Kay so I'm a male and I wanted my left ear lobe pierced. I like how tunnels look but I wouldn't get them because of college and if I ever get tired of them I would have permanent damage.

Is there such thing as "fake ear plugs"? I read something about those. Can you explain me about the process, healing, maintenance, whatever you know about them.

Also, what kind of piercing is this? img291 . imageshack . us/img291 /4255 /adam2.gif
    I got in mind something like that.

sorry.. i can't post links because i don't have enough posts ;S

help me out! :P

i cant work your link, its comming up 'image not found'. but heres a link to bjs's fake plugs https://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/on..._plugs_854.cfm if you get a standered lobe piercing, after about 12 weeks of healing, you should be fine to change the jewellery to one of these. remember to go to a proper piercing shop and get your ear pierced with a needle and not a gun. the best way to look after a new piercing and help it heal is to do sea salt soaks, here more info on that https://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/fo...-Technique-101
    hope this helps

"I'm not a vegan, I'm just a realy picky eater"

I have -
    Septum, left and right nostril, navel, smiley
    left ear - forward helix, 1st lobe 10mm, 2nd 1.6, 3rd 1.2, tragus, conch
    right ear - forward helix, 1st lobe 10mm, 2nd 4mm
    sternum microdermal
    A few tattoos

I want -
    A job that doesnt have a "no visible piercings or tattoos" policy!

Yeah standard lobe piercing, give it a few months to heal, then buy fakies I think they come in both 1.2mm and 1.6mm, and fake up to (at least) 8mm plugs. I have seen them in various sizes.
    No fake tunnels though, for obvious reasons

...... and just by the way, depending on how big and how fast you stretch, it needn't be a permanently large hole. They can shrink back down. However there's no 100% guarantee so you're quite right to see stretching as pretty much a permanent modification.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

hey in the healing time.. what am I supposed to use? nothing? or a standard piercing or wut? also why isn't it possible to go straight to using a fake plug?

img291 .imageshack .us/img291/4255 /adam2.gif erase the spaces to check out the link

Quote Originally Posted by anoniimo View Post
    hey in the healing time.. what am I supposed to use? nothing? or a standard piercing or wut? also why isn't it possible to go straight to using a fake plug?
    You can use sea salt soaks, or just leave it 100% alone (providing you have good hygiene and shower daily, haha). Most people heal by leaving piercings 100% alone these days.

You probably could get pierced straight away with the fake plug, providing the ends aren't made of acrylic (acrylic can't be sterilised and should only be used on healed piercings) and that it's not too heavy for the unhealed piercing.

You're best talking to a piercer, but generally your plan will work out

Most of the fake plugs I've seen have been pretty low quality, usually just basic steel, which a good piercer won't use. The wearable area is often quite short as well, judging from the ones my brother wears (he definitely wouldn't have been able to heal with one, the wearable was just about long enough for his fully healed piercing). Best to heal with a titanium labret stud or barbell (if you get a labret stud you could ask for it to be put in 'backwards' so the flat back is at the front?) then change to a fake plug once fully healed.

That's the image you are trying to post, right? Looks like his ear is actually stretched but it can be hard to tell if someone has large lobes, heh. If you do have tiny lobes then fake plugs can look really weird but it's worth a try.

I like the labret stud idea. A blackline labret in backwards would look like a plug.

yeahh that's the image, and my ear lobes are kind of big .. Yep, the labret stud is a good idea .

thanks for the help people ;P .

what about the pain? between 1 - 10? I don't really mind about pain.. but i'm still curious.
    and what's the difference between getting pierced with a needle and a gun?

Quote Originally Posted by anoniimo View Post
    yeahh that's the image, and my ear lobes are kind of big .. Yep, the labret stud is a good idea .

thanks for the help people ;P .

what about the pain? between 1 - 10? I don't really mind about pain.. but i'm still curious.
    and what's the difference between getting pierced with a needle and a gun?
    Pain is subjective but most will find lobe piercings very low on the pain scale.

Guns are to be avoided at all costs, they are dirty, cannot be cleaned adequately and basically force a blunt piece of jewellery to be ripped through your lobe which also will not have been likely to be sterilised.

The jewellery used won't allow for swelling and people find they may have to go to hospital to have the jewellery cut out once it's embedded into the lobe. Add into that the fact that because it cannot be sterilised you are at risk of catching infections or even worse a disease such as hepatitis and other potentially fatal diseases.

Please educate yourself a LOT before you go and get pierced.

Info about your piercing here.
    Info about the healing process here.
    Info about how soaks are the best after care here. Don't be sold on lotions and potions, they're not needed.
    Info on guns and their dangers here.
    Info on what to look for in a piercer here.

Hope this helps and good luck for when you get it done.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast