Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New to piercings (extremely n00b)

wow a lot of info, thanks a lot! I had no idea that guns meant so many risks.

btw. If I get the piercing done during the summer months .. would I be able to go to the beach?

Quote Originally Posted by anoniimo View Post
    wow a lot of info, thanks a lot! I had no idea that guns meant so many risks.

btw. If I get the piercing done during the summer months .. would I be able to go to the beach?
    Again, read up and educate yourself, your answer is on the site I've linked you to.

Quote Originally Posted by Body Poetry
    Avoid swimming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Body Poetry
    The sea, lakes and pools contain a lot of bacteria which should be avoided for at least the first month of healing. Swimming pools have the added complication of being full of chemicals too! If you do swim after the first month be sure to sea salt soak your piercing thoroughly afterwards.

Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

To be honest once it is a relatively clean beach swimming will be fine. Just clean it when you get home. Also, it hurts as a 1 on a scale of 1-10.

Sorry, should'ave checked it out before asking more questions. Thanks seriously, i'm going to read everything.

Haha, no worries, make sure to come back to clear anything up though
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Kay just one last question.. what about exercising? will the sweat be a problem during the healing weeks?

No, just have good general hygiene!

Pain is subjective but most will find lobe piercings very low on the pain scale.

Guns are to be avoided at all costs, they are dirty, cannot be cleaned adequately and basically force a blunt piece of jewellery to be ripped through your lobe which also will not have been likely to be sterilised.

The jewellery used won't allow for swelling and people find they may have to go to hospital to have the jewellery cut out once it's embedded into the lobe. Add into that the fact that because it cannot be sterilised you are at risk of catching infections or even worse a disease such as hepatitis and other potentially fatal diseases.

Please educate yourself a LOT before you go and get pierced.

Info about your piercing here.
    Info about the healing process here.
    Info about how soaks are the best after care here. Don't be sold on lotions and potions, they're not needed.
    Info on guns and their dangers here.
    Info on what to look for in a piercer here.

Hope this helps and good luck for when you get it done.
    Hey, great info, thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by sallypt21 View Post
    Hey, great info, thanks for sharing!
    You're welcome

thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast