Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need help (microdermal related post)

Default I need help (microdermal related post)

I just got two dermals on each side of my hips.
    one side is perfectly fine, but the other side is swollen I guess? The dermal is like sinking into my skin... I don't know if thats bad or not. My piercer said that its just swollen right now and it'll go away soon but thats really bothering me and I want to die.
    uhm so does someone know what I'm talking about?
    Does anyone know what to?

I'll post pictures if you need me too.
    Last edited by lulusaur; 09-11-2011 at 09:24 PM.

You want to die? How bad is it? How old are they?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

lol I got them on wednesday! The left side looks perfect. but the bottom right one is red and sinking in :-( it doesn't hurt or anything like that. Its just bothering me because I don't think it should be sinking in.

Post a pic on here and/or get the opinion of another piercer.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

it won't let me post a picture...

One of my nape microdermals was like that! One was absolutely fine and the other used to play up quite often when they were new-ish.. they would swell/go red every so often. My piercer said that it was normal, and they are both now all settled if ur worried go to ur piercer, better safe than sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by lulusaur View Post
    it won't let me post a picture...
    Miss the http or www off and put a gap in the URL

To post a picture, upload the image to say Photobucket, then post the URL here with spaces and we will be able to view it. I think a picture would be helpful.

I'd guess the likelihood is because the MDs are very new, they are very flat to the skin and you will be a bit swollen and the combination of the two is probably giving the look that they are sinking in and embedding. They're going to be a little red because there are only a few days old. I wouldn't worry too much because these little issues in the beginning usually sort themselves out. The best thing to do for now is just leave them alone to heal and settle down, until you can find out if there is an issue or not.

You could visit another piercer to get a second opinion, it might reassure you or you might get some good advice if there is a problem. When I got my hips pierced, I was convinced early on one of the bars was moving out. I was definitely just being paranoid though because a few months on and they're perfect.
    4 x Lobes
    2 x MDs Lower Back
    Navel + Inverse Navel
    4 x Surface Hips
    3 x Left Inner Conch
    3x Left Outer Conch
    Right Rook
    2 x Right Conch
    Right Helix
    Septum
    Orchid Tattoo Ribs + Disney Tattoo Thigh

Also how have you been looking after it? Have you been soaking it, using soap on it or covering it up as that's not recommended.

I had 3 microdermals back last year, two on my nape and one on my ribs. Of the two on my nape one of them played up from day one and I managed to get it to last around 6 months. The other got knocked and shortly after i had to have that out too. The main thing I'd say to watch out for is tilting, once it starts leaning sideways I'd say it's rejecting. I was given advice to massage mine to help get rid of pockets of air but other than that just keep cleaning it and see what happens. They do stay red for a while but depending on the area of your body and how much it is left alone they should heal quite well.
    Current: L ear - 2x lobe, 1x rim, 1x helix 1x conch
    R ear - 2x lobe, 2x rim, 1x rook, 1x tragus
    2x navel, 1x hip, 1x nape (removed)
    2x microdermal nape (rejected) 1x microdermal ribs
    Ink: back piece, foot, ribs, hip

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast