Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Microdermal diary!

Default My Microdermal diary!

Long time ago.....researched md's on net. Decide on the spot (hand).....think one is best way to go....first see how my body likes them!

Headed to piercers all excited, He says he doesn't do MD's below wrist because of catching etc. gutted

Head home thinking where else I could have one.....decide on nape or clavicle Head to piercers, mention i am going on hols will be on beach, swimming etc. He says I have to wait till I come back :(
    Several months later...back off hols...head to piercers, real nervous as a whimp! He says they really hurt, and then says hasn't got the jewellery?? grr

So want to get my MD's head to Brighton, decided on two now, nape and left collar bone.

Piercer had a look and feel and says can do yippee!!
    Piercer totally put me at ease and says it's just like a pinch. I say I might, swear, scream or cry!!! lol

Well I don't know what the fuss is about....

We decide on the spot on my collar bone.
    I lay down and take a deep breath!
    He made the pocket with a dermal punch, this bit was totally fine, just feels like twisting and bit of pressure.
    Next the anchor went in, this feels like a strong pinch and lots of pressure.
    My L collar bone was bit tricky to get in so was a bit more painful and bled a little.
    Next the top piece went in, (i decided on a clear jem) this bit is painless
    Tada!! with no swearing, screaming or crying my first MD was done!

Next he did my nape, marked the spot, re spots after checking, to make sure it is dead central.
    Punches hole and puts anchor then jem in.
    Piercer told me he'd put shorter anchor in so it wouldn't stick out so much.

I'm thinking this is easy!!! I'm totally loving this and the pain is so bareable, I ask for a 3rd on my right collar bone to match the left!

Same as before he marked the spot, punched hole and in the lovely dermal went.
    This one was by far the easiest and most painfree, well I knew by now what was coming :P

So my 3 dermals were done, a little sore and a little blood but very pretty.

Aterwards my piercer made me sit awhile to get my blood sugars back to normal, gave me after care advice and asked if I had any questions, then off I was with my shiny new MD's
    Last edited by kirsten.; 09-11-2011 at 12:20 AM.
    Piercings
    R/Ear
    lobes x2 28 yrs/18yrs
    Helix
    6yrs
    L/Ear lobes x2 28yrs/18yrs
    Tongue 9yrs

2 Md's second attempt!

RIP 3 MD's
    Clavicle L&R
    and Nape :(

When you cry because you can't see the sun your tears prevent you from seeing the stars ***

Default After piercing

10 mins after piercing they are a little sore, but I am very happy.
    Piercer recommended i take ibuprofen so take one and stick plasters on to keep them in place and soak the little blood.

Reaction from family younger sister wow they look cool, did it hurt?!
    Niece ooh you had them done!
    Older sister I feel icky I can't look!
    Dad pleased you got what you wanted.

Me I LOOOOVVVVEEEEE them!!!!!!

6hrs after piercing and Bed time!.... soak them with saline solution (I made myself) and stick fresh plasters on so I don't catch them on bed covers.
    Worried bout catching, rejection....think I need to chill out and enjoy...damn you google and all the horror stories!
    Piercings
    R/Ear
    lobes x2 28 yrs/18yrs
    Helix
    6yrs
    Tongue 9yrs

2 Md's second attempt!

RIP 3 MD's
    Clavicle L&R

When you cry because you can't see the sun your tears prevent you from seeing the stars ***

I've always liked the thought of MDs I'm just scared to get them & not sure I ever could mostly because I'm not sure I could handle the thought of metal imbedded in my skin it just somehow seems gross to me lol but congrats on getting them & happy healing hun!
    What I Have Currently:Venoms (9/23/11),1 Set of lobes (both stretched to 1.6 mm),1 Eyebrow,Tongue,
    What I Want: Scaffolding (L & R), Tragus (L & R)
    What I'm Thinking about getting: Bridge,Nipples
    Retired: Helix (L & R) (Gunned),Labret

"I Find It Kind Of Funny,I Find It Kind Of Sad,
    The Dreams In Which I'm Dieing Are The Best I've Ever Had."

Hiya, the thought of metal embedded in me did freak me out a bit too, but honestly It doesn't even worry me now! Still it has only been 1 week!
    I'm just paranoid they are healing ok now!
    Piercings
    R/Ear
    lobes x2 28 yrs/18yrs
    Helix
    6yrs
    Tongue 9yrs

2 Md's second attempt!

RIP 3 MD's
    Clavicle L&R

Default Day 2!

Piercings survived my bed yay!!

Clavicle piercings still a little sore and red Nape one just a little red.
    So far so good
    Keeping up with ss and taping them with plaster to let them settle.
    Piercings
    R/Ear
    lobes x2 28 yrs/18yrs
    Helix
    6yrs
    Tongue 9yrs

2 Md's second attempt!

RIP 3 MD's
    Clavicle L&R

Default Day 3!

Off to work so keeping them taped down.
    Clavicle ones still feel a little sore but neck one just a little red,
    Bit concerned my left clavicle is ok as I think I can see the grey shadow of the anchor foot and can feel it under my skin.
    Maybe I'm being paranoid....should stop looking on google!
    Must resist not to touch!
    Piercings
    R/Ear
    lobes x2 28 yrs/18yrs
    Helix
    6yrs
    Tongue 9yrs

2 Md's second attempt!

RIP 3 MD's
    Clavicle L&R

Default Day4!

So still keeping up the ss but worried now I'm over cleaning.
    Decided to not go with the plasters today, maybe just at night to keep them snug. There's so much conflicting info! Cover them, don't cover them, don't use ss, ss is a must. I don't know! lol

A work mate noticed the MD on my neck her exact words were "have you got something on your neck?" showed her my collar bones and she shouted to everyone else to have a look! One older work mate suggested I had just stuck them on!! lol

Still concerned about my Left clavicle thinking bout ringing the piercer... best leave it alone and give it a few more days to settle...very hard to do!
    Last edited by kirsten.; 09-11-2011 at 02:20 AM.
    Piercings
    R/Ear
    lobes x2 28 yrs/18yrs
    Helix
    6yrs
    Tongue 9yrs

2 Md's second attempt!

RIP 3 MD's
    Clavicle L&R

Default Day 5!

Well so far the one on my nape I don't even notice that it's there, which is fab. I am being super careful when washing, and combing my hair etc!
    It looks like my right clavicle is healing up fine too yay! but my Left clavicle I'm still not sure, I still think I can see the shadow of the foot and feel it under my skin.
    Hmmm what to do.....this website is proving super informative
    Piercings
    R/Ear
    lobes x2 28 yrs/18yrs
    Helix
    6yrs
    Tongue 9yrs

2 Md's second attempt!

RIP 3 MD's
    Clavicle L&R

Default Day 6!

Right that's it I've rang the piercer and off on the 40 mile trek to see him....decided the piercer not google/blogs knows best!!

Well, he had a look and said they were doing fine just too keep up the cleaning. When I mentioned about my left Clavicle he said it was normal to feel the piercing cause it's under the 1st layer of skin? Left a bit happier but not totally reassured....posted on here to get a second opinion!

Other 2 see to be doing fine.
    Oh and by the way If I've not said, I would totally recommend them to anyone
    Piercings
    R/Ear
    lobes x2 28 yrs/18yrs
    Helix
    6yrs
    Tongue 9yrs

2 Md's second attempt!

RIP 3 MD's
    Clavicle L&R

You're definitely over cleaning. You shouldn't have them covered beyond the first day, for any reason, just traps dirt and germs. And soaking will soften the skin making them more likely to reject.

Also, expect your collar bones to take much longer to heal than your nape. I had left collar bone and nape done at the same time a few months ago. Nape = perfect, dream healer. Collar bone, because of their location, catch on clothes, on seat belts on everything. Mine rejected because it got knocked too much and that was with being careful. So make sure you watch those ones.
    I'm Amelia
    My piercer

L & R 4mm lobe | L & R 2nd & 3rd lobe | L double helix | L inner conch | L rook | R helix | R forward helix | R tragus (re-pierced) | R outer conch
    L nostril | Septum | Madonna | L (Devil) & R (Angel) nipple | Nape dermal x2 (vertical) | Cleavage dermal | Navel (re-pierced #2) | VCH

Failed: Navel (rejected x2) | R tragus (migrated) | L collar bone dermal (rejected)
    Wish list: R double inner conch | Tongue

Facebook

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast