Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Microdermal diary!

there should be a proper cleaning , only this way you can can protect it.

If one's popped half out, it needs to come all the way out, or be back at a piercer's immediately (like, NOW). Sorry they're not what you wanted them to be
    *EV*

Piercings
    Right lobe x 3
    Left lobe x 3
    Right helix 2mm x 2
    Right tragus
    Right rook
    Left conch

Left forward helix
    Microdermal behind right ear
    Right Transverse Lobe

Septum - first facial piercing!

Ink
    Left wrist treble clef
    Right ankle paw prints

Left full thigh piece

Wants!
    Full back piece (drawn, waiting to reach goal weight)
    Eyes, right forearm
    Anti tragus
    Helix spiral
    Daith

Quote Originally Posted by EBrooks131 View Post
    If one's popped half out, it needs to come all the way out, or be back at a piercer's immediately (like, NOW). Sorry they're not what you wanted them to be
    Thanks, it came all the way out and since I put it back in it seems to be doing fine. When I get the chance I'm going to get them checked out again
    Piercings
    R/Ear
    lobes x2 28 yrs/18yrs
    Helix
    6yrs
    L/Ear lobes x2 28yrs/18yrs
    Tongue 9yrs

2 Md's second attempt!

RIP 3 MD's
    Clavicle L&R
    and Nape :(

When you cry because you can't see the sun your tears prevent you from seeing the stars ***

Default R.I.P. my nape MD :(

So yesterday I had to take out my nape MD... sobs!
    It had never really settled and It was slanting in a big way with the shorter foot nearly out so to not prolong my misery and risk infection or scaring I decided at only 3 weeks old it was best to come out. :(
    In hindsight it was not the best position as I forgot when getting it done I have to wear a lanyard for my badge at work, so really my job is to blame lol
    My other two on my collar bone are still in but for how long I don't know....
    Piercings
    R/Ear
    lobes x2 28 yrs/18yrs
    Helix
    6yrs
    Tongue 9yrs

2 Md's second attempt!

RIP 3 MD's
    Clavicle L&R

When you cry because you can't see the sun your tears prevent you from seeing the stars ***

Sorry to hear about you losing your nape ): I've had 2 MDs on my hip for nearly 3yrs now and they've been the easiest to heal out of all my piercings - basically, LITHA is the way to go. I had another 2 done today on my ribs and had the aftercare refreshed in my mind. Basically, the only time you should touch them is hold the shower over them for about a minute whenever you have a shower, and then apply gentle pressure to the top for 30secs just to encourage them to remain flat to your skin (do this for a week or so). That last point I didn't even observe with the 1st two, and as I said, they're nearly 3yrs old! I hope this helps with any more MDs you get. Also, my personal opinion is that a needle works better than a punch as the hole is not as big so the jewellery fits more snugly, but I'm not an expert so talk to some piercers, and maybe consider a needle with any future ones? Good luck with your clavicles, I do have a soft spot for jewellery in that area, though I (currently ) have none myself xx
    Left Ear - Lobe 1.2mm, Lobe 1.6mm, 3 x Helix 1.2mm.

Right Ear - Lobe 10mm, Anti-tragus 1.2mm, Helix 1.2mm, Rook 1.2mm.

Right nostril, Left Nipple, Navel, 2 Microdermals on left hip, Vertical Labret, 2 Microdermals on right ribs.

(:

Hi Lucy, thanks for the advice. There's hope for the 2 on my clavicle if yours on the hip have lasted 3 yrs x
    Piercings
    R/Ear
    lobes x2 28 yrs/18yrs
    Helix
    6yrs
    Tongue 9yrs

2 Md's second attempt!

RIP 3 MD's
    Clavicle L&R

Sorry, I'm still concerned about the one that fell out that you put back in. Was that the slightly suspect looking clav one? Makes me very uneasy that it popped out and you were able to put in back in; something not right about that.
    *EV*

Piercings
    Right lobe x 3
    Left lobe x 3
    Right helix 2mm x 2
    Right tragus
    Right rook
    Left conch

Left forward helix
    Microdermal behind right ear
    Right Transverse Lobe

Septum - first facial piercing!

Ink
    Left wrist treble clef
    Right ankle paw prints

Left full thigh piece

Wants!
    Full back piece (drawn, waiting to reach goal weight)
    Eyes, right forearm
    Anti tragus
    Helix spiral
    Daith

Quote Originally Posted by EBrooks131 View Post
    Sorry, I'm still concerned about the one that fell out that you put back in. Was that the slightly suspect looking clav one? Makes me very uneasy that it popped out and you were able to put in back in; something not right about that.
    Hiya, no it was the one that was ok looking. I snagged it in the night with my fingernail (i'm a terrible sleeper grr) I think that, and because it's still so fresh and there's no new tissue growth is why it fell out or my body just doesn't want them! :(
    I've read others have had them fall out and they've put them back in and they have healed. So I might be ok, I haven't had any probs with it since....
    Thanks for your concern
    Piercings
    R/Ear
    lobes x2 28 yrs/18yrs
    Helix
    6yrs
    Tongue 9yrs

2 Md's second attempt!

RIP 3 MD's
    Clavicle L&R

Hey glad I could be of help, however I do agree with EBrooks and think you should at the very least talk to your piercer about the one that came out. I don't want to inspire false hope in you that these MDs may last 3yrs or more - I didn't have any incidents like this! You may be right and they'll heal up fine, I'd love to think that they would, but at least have someone check them over. What if you pushed something nasty back in with it when you popped it back in? :O x
    Left Ear - Lobe 1.2mm, Lobe 1.6mm, 3 x Helix 1.2mm.

Right Ear - Lobe 10mm, Anti-tragus 1.2mm, Helix 1.2mm, Rook 1.2mm.

Right nostril, Left Nipple, Navel, 2 Microdermals on left hip, Vertical Labret, 2 Microdermals on right ribs.

(:

Thanks lucy...I know I have to get them checked out...it's just finding the time
    Piercings
    R/Ear
    lobes x2 28 yrs/18yrs
    Helix
    6yrs
    Tongue 9yrs

2 Md's second attempt!

RIP 3 MD's
    Clavicle L&R

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast