Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bar length for apadravya? Much swelling?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Bar length for apadravya? Much swelling?

Thinking about going from PA to apadravya and was wondering what length bar would be needed? (It will be self done like the PA was).

Buying the barbell from tribalectic and it's quite expensive so I want to get it right. Will I need a longer oone for the initial healing??

Cheers

It depends on the person of course!

Measure how long it is when erect, then add about 4mm onto that.

dpack_1

Yeah... the fact you've asked this kinda shows that you should go to a professional.

Every single guy is different. What size bar you need depends on a hell of a lot of factors, such as basic size and shape, growth during a state of arousal, position and angle of the bar, etc etc.

Anything from 22mm to 36mm will fit depending on them variables, and the fact you didn't get that from the get go makes me worried that you really have no clue what you're doing and will fuck this up, trust me, it's not something you want to fuck up.

I know how to measure the length required for the apa, the question was about the swelling. I do not know how much it will swell. Are apadravyas known for swelling a lot? Will having a fully healed PA make a difference in the length needed?

Thanks

dpack_1

Again, swelling is purely dependant on the person being pierced and the fact you need to ask these questions proves you know very little about piercings and shouldn't be doing any self piercings, let alone something as technical as a genital piercing.

It would go against everything i was taught to do to try and talk you through this when you have no concept of basic piercing procedure :/

well if the guy wants to do it himself, he probably will, but listen to what dpack_1 says...
    And man you have balls to do it yourself, I think it is better to go to pro because if you do it yourself there is a chance that it will not be straight and it is better to pay someone who knows what he/she is doing
    and good luck

Yeh, captain, I'd agree with these guys, although you DO have balls to think about it.

I had my PA converted to an apadravya 3 weeks ago, and I couldn't even watch the needle coming out the head of my dick, no way! You need a steady arm and the precise location---I'd think seriously about using a piercer who's done a few more of these than you have...

By the way you guys, the piercer I went to was the only one in this town who does apas, so I didn't have any choice. From what I read on this site, I asked him to pierce me with a 12 (2 mm) and stretch it right away to a 10 (2.4 mm). He refused, said he would only do the initial piercing with a 14 (1.4 mm), and instead of a metal barbell, he used flexible Tygon tubing, with a metal ball at each end, of course.

It hurt, but not massively--not like a bigger gauge would have. But now I have to wait 2 months to stretch it up to 12, and another 2 months to get it up to a 10 (where I think I want to be). If he'd given me a 10 to begin with, I'd be 3 weeks into my "final" healing by now. Plus, I gotta admit I'm concerned about reading what sevenft and dpack_1 have written about stretching an apa hurting like a sonofabitch! And i get to look forward to that two times, which shouldn't have been necessary.

I'd gotten a frenum put in a few weeks before the apa, and it was the same story: 14 g piercing, flexible tubing. I would have had that one stretched up by now except shortly after i got it I decided to go for the apa; and I'm wanting to get the apa finished before anything else. (He did do my PA with a 10 CBR) Anyway, I'm just curious if you guys have ever heard of this piercing with tiny gauge Tygon tubing as the starting material. Please tell me this is something other than my piercer's plan to finance his kid's college education!

dpack_1

You'll also have to wait a hell of a lot longer than just 2 months to stretch. You'll be looking at more like 6-9 months minimum should you not want to run any risks associated with early stretching.

As for the 'tiny gauge' thing. Both my apa's and my frenum are at 14g (1.6mm) using PTFE in the apa's and a titanium curved bar for my frenum. I've had no problems with them what so ever. There's nothing wrong with being pierced at 14g at all, just most guys feel the need for it to be a little bigger for one reason or another. The PTFE also helps A LOT during healing, as you can imagine the are encounters a lot of movement as well as changes in size and shape, a rigid metallic bar will have a varying amount of pressure points during the healing process. The flexibility of PTFE or Tygon means the pressure points are minimised and your piercing shouldn't suffer as much irritation.

Either way, you'll still want to wait at least 6 months before going up to 12g, if not more, and expect it to hurt.

Hey thanks for the info, dpack_1. I'm glad to know the 14 g stuff is legit. I really appreciated your comments.

Gotta say I'm really disappointed to think of waiting 6 months to go bigger. But I can see how ill-informed I am about how to proceed with this enterprise.

I've read lots of guys say they waited to have sex for 2 weeks after their apa. So at 12 days after getting my "mini-apa", to relieve some pretty stiff tension down there, I figured there'd be no problem if I took matters into my own hands. It didn't hurt to do it, but about an hour later I started oozing blood from the upper hole and urethra. I got it to stop shortly, but it bled 3 more times over the next 3 days (WITHOUT any further playing with it). This got me worried, so I went to see my piercer and asked him if we shouldn't put in a bigger size to "plug" things up a little snugger inside. He told me no, put some ointment on either end of the tubing to keep it sliding freely, and don't even think about stretching it at this point. (I've had no more bleeding in a week, but I haven't yet tried "using" it again, either)

Man, if I were doing this on my own, I'd be in deep shit!

Thanks again for sharing your professional experience/info.

My piercer says any genital piercing minimum of 3 weeks before you even try anything. And a mininmum of another 4 weeks with protection.
    Equipped with: Apadravya & Ampallang(Magic Cross), P.A, Helix, Septum and Tongue
    No longer equipped: Both Nipples, Ear lobe and numerous Eyebrow piercings

Wishlist: Guiche, Frenum, Nipples, Labret and Ear Stretch

Tattoos: Left upper arm Oriental Sleeve, Right upper arm Tribal Arm Band and Tribal Sun, also Start of Tribal inspired Biotech design.

Wishlist: LOTS!

Facebook

Tumblr

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast