Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eyebrow piercing second time around. :)

Red face Eyebrow piercing second time around. :)

I got my eyebrow pierced in January of this year after having thought about it for years. The first time I had an insane black eye, swelling, pain after the procedure and various flare ups. It was a pain in the ass but I adored it so I fought through the difficulties.

A couple of months ago I had played with the idea of getting a nostril piercing but retiring my eyebrow. I talked to my mom about this (I'm nineteen but live with my mother again so I try to respect her rules as much as possible) and she said that she thinks nose piercings are disgusting. I was confused about this because I feel like nose piercings are more acceptable today, especially in Southern California. We eventually figured that switching out my eyebrow for a nose ring would be acceptable.

So I took my eyebrow piercing out.

Throughout the closing-up process I called the old piercing "my noodle" because when I poked my eyebrow I could squish the sides long hole together and it felt like a cooked noodle. As soon as I showed my mom that I didn't have my piecing in anymore she asked why I took it out. Apparently the nose piercing wasn't okay and I had taken my eyebrow out for no reason. I was so bummed.

I went to my piercer and he told me to wait about a month, so I did.

This August I got it re-pierced and the procedure was unbelievably easy this time around (it was cake the first time, but it was my first needle piercing and I was nervous). Absolutely no pain whatsoever and the whole thing including set-up took maybe ten minutes. A tiny bit of bruising, but no black eye; it swelled up once really bad but only for the day and I didn't even need to ice it.

I really do love my eyebrow piercing. It is the not the best piercing for me because my body just naturally hates piercings but it looks so right on me, I can't seem to give it up. This time around I've only had one flare up (a bad one, it's infected) from sleeping on it because my other side has a fresh rook piercing.

Just thought I'd share my experience. I hope more girls get their eyebrows pierced because I don't feel like it's as common on women as people think it is or as common as it should be!

Yeah,I had mine done In February of this year around tax time & mine healed really well the only issues I had with mine was that when I first got it done he went a little deep so it bruised around the top of my eyelid but just cleaning it & leaving it be the bruising went away & I kept snagging it on my pillow case a couple times and it drove me nuts so I finally trained myself to stop sleeping on that side for a bit lol. but I agree I think more girls should have theirs done they're really pretty piercings if done right .
    What I Have Currently:Venoms (9/23/11),1 Set of lobes (both stretched to 1.6 mm),1 Eyebrow,Tongue,
    What I Want: Scaffolding (L & R), Tragus (L & R)
    What I'm Thinking about getting: Bridge,Nipples
    Retired: Helix (L & R) (Gunned),Labret

"I Find It Kind Of Funny,I Find It Kind Of Sad,
    The Dreams In Which I'm Dieing Are The Best I've Ever Had."

Yeah mine's pretty damn deep too. It was waaay too deep the first time but he was able to fix it a bit. I prefer it deep in there as opposed to eyebrow piercings that look like they might just fall out or possibly be torn out.

I was going to post a picture of mine, but I'm not sure how to do that with out something like Photobucket, any help with that?

Glad it all went well for you! I had mine done 15 years ago and it grew out, same happened 13 years ago, seems I'm not that suited to one but I id like it!

How to post your pic in threads.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Thank you very much for the image help. <3

I'm hoping mine doesn't grow out though I'm sure it's inevitable, especially with me. How long did it take for yours to grow out and did it leave a scar?

Tbh I can't remember as it was some time ago what I can say though that the 1st time around I didn't treat it very nicely as I knew little about piercings so I think I probably triggered it off probably took a few months. After that I did take more care of it and it was done pretty deep but it grew out again and the piercer said it might do as my brow is quite pronounced. And yep I have a bit of a scar but you'd have to be about 2 or 3 inches from my face to see it lol just looks like 2 small indents, I didn't let it grow out that badly the skin snapped or anything.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Yeah,I've been really lucky that I've not had any major issue with mine...now,I will say I learned real quick I don't like spikes on the end of my eyebrow ring they're evilll lol
    What I Have Currently:Venoms (9/23/11),1 Set of lobes (both stretched to 1.6 mm),1 Eyebrow,Tongue,

I know someone who has had theirs for over 15 years, they don't always grow out

Very true. & wow 15 years..I hope I keep mine that long..I think retiring piercings by choice or not is heartbreaking :( I dunno maybe I'm just one of those that get really attached to theirs lol

It sure is, I have disliked retiring all but 2 of mine where I just didn't like the placement, the others were not by choice :(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast