Thread: Possibly a dumb question about ear stretching

Default Possibly a dumb question about ear stretching

Hey guys! I've been interested for quite a while in stretching my first set of ear lobe piercings, only to a small size, I don't want anything major!

Although I was slightly concerned about my other lobe piercings, I have 4 in each earlobe - can I still stretch my first set? I guess I had visions of my ear just ripping or something.

Sorry if it's a stupid question *blush*

Also if anyone has any advice about it please share, I have been reading up though
    "All I can do is be me, whoever that is." ~ Bob Dylan

Left ear: 4x lobes, 3x helix, rook, tragus
    Right ear: 4x lobes, 2x helix, conch, anti-helix
    Right nostril
    Lip: left side
    Tongue

Yep, definitely! Loads of people on here have multiple lobe piercings with one (or more) sets stretched. I have a lobe piercing on each ear stretched to 1/2" with three 16g piercings on one lobe and two on the other. However, how big you can stretch does depend on the placement of each piercing. If they're very close together then it might not be a good idea. I had to retire my original 2nd set when I reached 7/16" because they were getting much too close.

^ what Kate said.
    I also had 4 lobe piercings, and had to retire the second one because it was in the way. I stretched the third one though, no problems.

Exactly how big do you want to go? It really depends on your placement, but I reckon you could get to about 8mm and still keep the second set.

26mm both lobes, 6mm second lobes, 6mm left inner conch, 8mm septum, 2.4mm inner labia, 1.6mm nipples, 1.2mm nostril
    18x18cm mandala scarification on thigh

tumblr

I've got 4 in one ear and 3 in another, I'm at 6mm and they're fine, I reckon I could get to 8mm maybe 10mm but then I'd be pushing it...
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Just posting so you can see my ear
    Current holes:
    VCH, fourchette, 2 4mm inner labia, horizontal left nipple,
    vertical right nipple, navel, tongue web, frowny, septum, 2 back microdermals, half dinosaur
    Left ear: 8mm lobe, 3 helix, forward helix
    Right ear: 8mm lobe, 6mm lobe, 4mm lobe, tragus

Tattoos:
    One!

Wanty:
    Smiley redone, uvula, other half of dinosaur piercing

Quote Originally Posted by Bob12 View Post
    Just posting so you can see my ear
    Wow! I had no idea that was possible, I've never seen that before too cool

Right nostril
    Tongue

Quote Originally Posted by Drynwhyl View Post
    ^ what Kate said.
    I also had 4 lobe piercings, and had to retire the second one because it was in the way. I stretched the third one though, no problems.

Exactly how big do you want to go? It really depends on your placement, but I reckon you could get to about 8mm and still keep the second set.
    I've no idea how big I want to go to be honest I'm not hugely familiar with all the different sizes I find them kinda confusing but I guess I'll learn I don't want huge ones. Small ones but big enough to look pretty cool... I dunno that's not helpful at lol sorry!

Right nostril
    Tongue

Yeah I'm the same I'm stretching my ears too but not to a huge size because personally I just don't think it would look right on me & plus if I ever just wanted to retire them & go go back to normal size ear rings I can.but small to me is probably going to be either a 2g (6 mm?) or 4g (5.2 mm?) you can put those numbers into google image search & find an example of what those sizes would be. & just a little fyi in case you didn't know the larger the gauge number the smaller the jewellery will be,the smaller the gauge number the bigger the jewellery will be. Hope this helps & you find your size hun!
    What I Have Currently:Venoms (9/23/11),1 Set of lobes (both stretched to 1.6 mm),1 Eyebrow,Tongue,
    What I Want: Scaffolding (L & R), Tragus (L & R)
    What I'm Thinking about getting: Bridge,Nipples
    Retired: Helix (L & R) (Gunned),Labret

"I Find It Kind Of Funny,I Find It Kind Of Sad,
    The Dreams In Which I'm Dieing Are The Best I've Ever Had."

I had to retire my original 2nds as my front flares would touch them :| and I'm only 8mm.

Placement is key really. As you go bigger you might find they start to encroach on the ones next to them, but it's a case of try it and see how you go.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Quote Originally Posted by kitebunny View Post
    I had to retire my original 2nds as my front flares would touch them :| and I'm only 8mm.

Placement is key really. As you go bigger you might find they start to encroach on the ones next to them, but it's a case of try it and see how you go.
    Agree'd
    What I Have Currently:Venoms (9/23/11),1 Set of lobes (both stretched to 1.6 mm),1 Eyebrow,Tongue,
    What I Want: Scaffolding (L & R), Tragus (L & R)
    What I'm Thinking about getting: Bridge,Nipples
    Retired: Helix (L & R) (Gunned),Labret

"I Find It Kind Of Funny,I Find It Kind Of Sad,
    The Dreams In Which I'm Dieing Are The Best I've Ever Had."