Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: How to deal with criticism about my piercing?

seriously who cares?

I find that some people think that if you get pirecings, you're "gothic" or "like to harm yourself". I don't even know why I like them, but the fact is that if you want to do something, other people shopuld not make you feel bad because if you are very sensitive, they might potemntially put you off getting the piercing/yoiu might take it out). If you're still in school though, school can be very cruel. People are a lot more accepting later on

Hope it gets better for you
    Christina

Piercings

Right ear: Snug, Tragus, Lobe.
    Left ear: Rook, Lobe.
    Others: Navel, Tongue, Nipples.
    Retired: Nose.
    Wants: Anti-Tragus.

Its awful how people judge anyone that may look a little different. Part of the reason why I wanted a piercing was to look different. The latest one that I received after getting my helix pierced a few days ago was I was going through a mid life crisis. I just laughed it off as I am happy in my myself & know why I got it pierced. I hope since this topic started that the criticism & judgement has settled down!
    Jo

My response to people telling me that my piercings are ugly/not lady like/make me look like a freak etc is "Well it's a good thing it's on me and not you, huh?" The one thing you have to remember is when you get any visible piercing there will be people that do not like it and some will be verbal about it. You have to thicken your skin. You got the piercing for you, not them. If you are happy with it that is all that matters.
    Current Piercings: Industrial (left and right), Lobes (3 on left and 3 on right), Helix (left ear), Tongue (6g), Lobret (right), Nipple (left and right)
    Retired Piercings:
    Eyebrow (left), Nose (right), Navel
    Wanted Piercings:
    MDs on top of wrists, Rook, Conch, Septum
    Current Tattoos:
    Last name on lower back, Dragon on right ankle, Nautical stars with my kids names on each wrist, Mother's name across my heart.
    Wanted Tattoos:
    Teddy bear with angel wings across my shoulder blades

I know how you feel being sensitive and the people saying stuff. I live in a small town in Scotland where someone who is slighty different is a target for everyone. My own family tell me that I look horrible and disgusting and yeah it does hurt.

But it's your body, and your choice. If my family say anything I just stay quiet, let them rant and just move on. But someone who says something just as a passing comment can go stick it cause it's nothing to do with them.

Personally I think septum piercings on girls is nice and most girls suit them.
    Piercings I have:
    Ear Lobes x2
    , Lip x4, Both sides of my nose, Septum, Medusa, Tongue, Smiley, Frowny, Tongue webbing, Belly button, Microdermals on wrist x2, Microdermals on collarbone x2

Piercings I want:
    Nipples
    Tongue x2

It's your piercing and im assuming that you like it so who cares what other people think!!!

Its hard not to get hurt or feel sensitive. I posted on facebook about my 2nd lobes being pierced today (hardly radical at all) & one person I know from growing up said I will look like a jewellery catelog soon. But I also know its her problem & I will just laugh it off.
    Jo

Will the day be bright or cloudy?
    Sweetly has its dawn begun
    But the heaven may shake with thunder
    Ere the setting of the sun
    Emily Bronte 1836

I have: First lobes, single Right nostril, left tragus, naval, left Conch and new Right 14 gauge conch
    Retired 2nd lobes, daith, rook and helix8

Ignore the comments, I'm sure it looks good!

they are hating !

Just tell them it's your body and you can do what you want with it, its true after all