Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: How to deal with criticism about my piercing?

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post
    37 in 6 months is ridiculous your body must be under so much strain it's unreal and any piercer willing to do that to someone is horrifically irresponsible.

I do agree that if you have visible piercings or you post them all over your FB someone somewhere is going to say they don't like it. Just like someone may tell you they don't like your hair or shoes or glasses. People are entitled to opinions, if you don't like it then live as a hermit lol, if they are rude then that's not right but if they're simply factual just deal with it, it's called life.
    Completely agree, when I posted that comment I had just had the final installment of a 24 piece dermal + diver pattern.....needless to say, even with extreme
    after care and 4 lots of antibiotics, I decided to have them removed. So now down to a mere 22 over 9 months (still breaking the rules I know) :-)

It only matters how u fell about it because it is your life.And if u love it and fell happy with it,that is only important thing. People just enjoy being rude and they want to make you unhappy so they can feel like they are better than you in some way in their head. SO STUPID, but true.

I think piercings are VERY personal my OH and my kids hate my piercings, I don't even have THAT many but they don't like them - I do, and I wear them, that's all that matters!!

I'm very late on this! But I just had a thought, I think it was the day I originally got my septum done (I was 14) one of my best friends at the time said "Thats really ugly". And another girl I was at school with said "What the f**k has she got in her nose?". I like it them, at the time its a bit hurtful, but who cares.

Now
    : 11mm lobes. 6mm septum.
    helix. tongue. rook. 5mm conch punches L & R.
    central labret. industrial. double nostrils.
    philtrum. tattoos.

Retired: snakebites. nostril x 2. 2nd & 3rd lobes.
    helix. outer conch. nipple.

Next: tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

girl i understand. I too got a lot of peircings pretty young and had to take the BS about tongue, lip, navel, nose, or whatever. if you like it, thats what matters. the only thing ive had an issue with is career choice and finding a job. now THATS where it matters. you will need to decide how to solve that problem when you get to it, but each piercing truly unique to each individual. you chose to get it because you loved it, thought it would look great on you, so flaunt your choice!

I've been lucky really, I've had a few negative comments but I've had alot of good responses about me having my belly button pierced, I'm so happy about it. There's just a few people who don't quite like it as much as others but most of the feedback I've had has been very good. I'm really happy with it, its one of the happiest and proudest decisions I've made, in terms of what piercing i feel i'm best suited for, I feel i have the right one x.

Funny, i was just discussing this earlier today with friends. My comment was why do people think they have a right to comment on other people's personal appearance when it has nothing to do with them. tattoo wise people seem to think they have a right to point out to me i will regret them when im 70. pah, i wont give a shit when im 70 - i'll be 70 ffs! but anyway i dont give a crap what people say and any insult i take as a compliment as it shows i am different and proud!
    Piercings:
    L Ear: 13mm lobe, 8mm lobe, snug, industrial, daith, tragus
    R Ear: 13mm lobe, 8mm lobe, 4 x helix, rook, tragus
    Other: 6mm Tongue, Septum, bridge/erl, 2 x philtrum

Retired:
    Christina, Left eyebrow, Industrial (R Ear), 5mm lip

Tattoos:
    Star on left forearm
    'Freedom' in script on right forearm
    GITS Neck Ports
    Dragon Quest Slime on left wrist

Cosmetic tattoos:
    Eyeliner
    Eyebrows (‘retired’)

I'm the same way! I got alot of opinions on my tragus, which i don't think is ugly at all! You just have to realize that if it makes you happy then no body else's opinions matter because YOU are happy. that's what i've realized and i got my tragus done almost a year ago and i'm still obsessed with it. <3
    Hi, I'm Alison!

Current: lobes, cartilage x2, tragus
    Coming soon: forward helix x2 (possibly x3?), bottom navel?

i haven't particulary had negative comments from friends, but my great aunt is very against piercings, always ranting about why do pretty girls always poke holes in their faces, when, to be fair, imo and some other's opinions, they make them look even prettier :3 i've had many snobby looks from alot of older aged people, particulary in resteraunts, i get the stink eye, but to be fair, the people who make nasty comments, are affraid of anything against the 'norm', seriously, some people, like one guy in my school, just cannot for the life of them accept or understand why anyone would not want to be 'normal'. you have A blue streak in your hair? he can't deal with it, he sees the need to comment on it, all the time, but he's just like the rest of them, ignorant : )
    and i really don't see how piercings are not lady-like at all, even eyebrow piercings which seem to have brought along a theme that if you have one, you're a butch lesbian, which isn't true at all (unless someone who is lesbian and has one, of course, but what's it matter?)
    i am really sensitive on a whole, mainly about everything, not just piercings, but my hair too because i get alot of comments about that, with it being a different colour every other month : ) i really get put down sometimes, but that's just how it is, there's people who dare to express themselves through piercings, then there's always the ignorant ones who either love it or hate it. for example, my headteacher loves my hair, doesn't mind my stretched lobe, hates my lip and thinks my scaffold portrays me as the sort of person who is into bondage! not sure where she gets that idea but, hey-ho!
    poh of the undead~

face: septum, cheeks
    oral: smiley, tongue web, venoms
    right ear: horizontal industrial, 16mm stretched lobe
    left ear: 2mm lobe
    retired: spiderbites (don't look right with cheeks) and my 2 collarbone dermals

I haven't logged on this account for awhile. I am shocked on how much posts and views I've gotten on this topic! And I am glad that people are very supportive and tell me their stories as well. Now it has been about a few months since I posted this topic and school is well into the 2nd quarter and I am about to end the second semester. There are still some people who look at my septum and think "Wow that makes me cringe." But other than that a lot of people like it. What I like about my septum is that I'm the only person at my school with one. The rest have stretched lobes or side lip piercings, and some eyebrows.
    But I love my piercing! I really want to get more. :-)
    Current;
    14g Septum
    14g Central Labret
    16g Lobe x4 left ear, Lobe 2x right ear
    14g Inverse Navel
    14g Nipples

Retired; 0G Lobes
    Left cartilage

Wanted;
    Industrial
    Anti-eyebrow

Tragus