Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Tongue Stretching

^ that sounds so wrong! lol

I found a 3mm o-ring for my tonguebar, hopefully that'll hold it in. I don't want to have to take it out for meals.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

i stretched my tongue piercing to an 8ga the other day just before it was split and being able to have a big piece of jewelry in was awesome but takes so getting use to when its first in like most piercings but it was cool while it lasted especially when i had a kaos softwear clear ear skin in. not that would walk around with a silicone plug on a daily basis but awesome to look at.

Hi everyone,

I'm not allowed to open a new thread so I thought I'd ask my question on here since this is the longest and newest thread on tongue stretching. I'm sorry!

I started to stretch my tongue about a month ago after I'd had it at 14g for 19 months. The first stretch was easy, the jewelry (12g) was a surgical steel barbell and it didn't cause any swelling or pain. After having the 12g barbell in for 3 weeks I thought it was time for the next stretch (10g) but I was wrong. I had to push it really hard so it hurt a lot and my tongue swelled up right away and stayed that way for about 12 hours. It was hurting so bad I had to take it out on the 3rd day. It was like I'd just gotten it pierced. I thought it was because the jewelry was surgical steel because I think I'm allergic to nickel but the first stretch (12g) didn't cause any problems even though the 12g jewelry was surgical steel too. I decided to take out the 10g barbell and put in the old 14g titanium jewelry that I was pierced with. The pain was almost completely gone the next day (which was 3 days ago) but now it's starting to swell again and it hurts as bad as it did when I stretched it with the 10g surgical steel barbell. I don't want to go to the doctor because they always tell you to take the jewelry out and let the hole close up which would be wrong if it's infected. It doesn't look infected, there's no puss or discoloration. It's just a little swollen and hurts. I don't know what to do. Is it normal for my tongue to hurt/swell for a week after being stretched (a little too early) with a jewelry that I'm possibly allergic to? Even though I already took it out days ago?

Thank you all in advance and I'm really sorry if I picked the wrong place to ask this.

Your tongue is very unlike lobes in that while it should never hurt to stretch lobes it can indeed hurt to stretch your tongue because you are stretching a muscle. That said 3 weeks between stretches in not enough time, personally, I haven't suffered pain from stretching my tongue that lasted more than a day so I can only guess you damaged the muscle and it needs time to recover - which is hard when it is in almost constant usage. If no obvious wounds / cuts then I would hold off and see if it calms down.
    Piercings:
    L Ear: 13mm lobe, 8mm lobe, snug, industrial, daith, tragus
    R Ear: 13mm lobe, 8mm lobe, 4 x helix, rook, tragus
    Other: 6mm Tongue, Septum, bridge/erl, 2 x philtrum

Retired:
    Christina, Left eyebrow, Industrial (R Ear), 5mm lip

Tattoos:
    Star on left forearm
    'Freedom' in script on right forearm
    GITS Neck Ports
    Dragon Quest Slime on left wrist

Cosmetic tattoos:
    Eyeliner
    Eyebrows (‘retired’)

Quote Originally Posted by Dungeoneer View Post
    Your tongue is very unlike lobes in that while it should never hurt to stretch lobes it can indeed hurt to stretch your tongue because you are stretching a muscle. That said 3 weeks between stretches in not enough time, personally, I haven't suffered pain from stretching my tongue that lasted more than a day so I can only guess you damaged the muscle and it needs time to recover - which is hard when it is in almost constant usage. If no obvious wounds / cuts then I would hold off and see if it calms down.
    There's no obvious wounds or cuts but it's been more than a week now it still hurts a lot. Back when I got my tongue pierced eating was less painful during the healing process than it is now but I'm ready to wait for it to recover as long as it's not infected. I googled "signs of an infected tongue piercing" but the signs (except for puss) are no different than what you go through when you have an irritated or freshly pierced tongue. So how can you tell?

My tongue is at 10mm and probably won't go larger, it hurt like hell getting it stretched, however it soon died down. If it's still hurting weeks later, on balance I would risk seeking medical advice - as if through not seeking such advice the consequences could be grisly.
    Current piercings: Horizontal Nipples 2.4 mm, 4 mm, Tongue 10 mm, Navel rejected, o smiley/frenulum 1.6mm

Quote Originally Posted by Unassuming View Post
    My tongue is at 10mm and probably won't go larger, it hurt like hell getting it stretched, however it soon died down. If it's still hurting weeks later, on balance I would risk seeking medical advice - as if through not seeking such advice the consequences could be grisly.
    I see puss around the piercing now but I can't tell if it's white or light yellow. The area around the whole is slightly swollen too. I can't get medical advice until monday so I'm gonna have to start treating it at home. Do you guys have any advice? Sea salt soaks? Listerine?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789