Thread: Can you help with some questions about Industrial piercings?

Default Can you help with some questions about Industrial piercings?

Ok I would like to get an industrial piercing to be more specific an industrial cage. So my first question is if I want a cage can I get both done at once? I know industrials take a long time to heal,and take a lot of care to heal properly,so would I have to get one and wait until it heals to get another? If I do have to wait,how long do you think I should wait. My second question is if i have my helix pierced can i take out the hoop and use that hole as one of the holes for the industrial? Thanks in advance for the help.

I would suggest to get them done separately, as there would basically be 4 piercings that are usually hard to heal. Just make sure to tell the piercer, so he can position it right so there's enough space for the second one.
    As for the helix, that depends on how it was pierced, and if the angle would be right for it. You could post a pic for better advice, but I think an experienced piercer would be better at determining this, as he can see your ear irl and that.
    Good luck!

26mm both lobes, 6mm second lobes, 6mm left inner conch, 8mm septum, 2.4mm inner labia, 1.6mm nipples, 1.2mm nostril
    18x18cm mandala scarification on thigh

tumblr

Out of blatant curiosity, what is an industrial cage o.0 I looked on Google, but it just showed normal industrials. :3

And my industrial was probably the least problematic of all my ear piercings. (: Get one at a time though, just to be safe. And the helix hole would have to be at the right angle and such as Drynmhyl said. ^^
    What I Have:Left ear: Industrial, Rook, Conch, Tragus, Standard lobes
    Right ear: Vertical Industrial, Helix, Standard lobes
    Retired: Second set of lobes, Right Tragus, Right Snug

What I Want:
    Repierce second set of lobes, tongue web, standard tongue,
    septum, horizontal nipples, hips, among other things...

"We live in fear and danger of them,
    Their delicate cheeks will turn to rotting flesh;
    One day, women will all become monsters."

Follow My Tumblr (Occasionally NSFW)

@ Arilyna when you have 2 industrial's in one ear its called a cage because it looks like bars. Generally they cross each other but dont have too.

IMHO I would get one at a time. I recently had my industrial (scaffold) done and its being a bit of a pain to heal. Having said that it is gradually learning to behave, but being a large piercing it is easy to catch it on things like clothing going over your head or a towel whilst drying your hair, or in my case, my bloody great hands as I rapidly washed my hair one day. If you make sure that you tell the piercer the eventual plan, they will make sure enough room is left. On the issue of being able to use an existing piercing, you can ask the piercer to look at it for you, but I highly doubt it as helix piercings are usually done at a completely different angle to scaffold piercings.

Hope this helps
    There is no coming to consciousness without pain.
    Carl Jung

L ear: 1x18mm 4x14g lobes, 1x14g helix & 14g scaffold
    R ear: 1x18mm, 3x14g lobes, 1x14g helix, 16g helix, 16g forward helix & 16g tragus
    14g Double nostrils, 14g Cyberbites, Monroe, Madonna
    16g Left Eyebrow, 14g spiderbites
    Ink: 9 tattoos
    Retired piercings: septum & bridge, right double eyebrow
    Want:
    Rook! Daith? Lots more ink!
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Six Paths of Pain View Post
    @ Arilyna when you have 2 industrial's in one ear its called a cage because it looks like bars. Generally they cross each other but dont have too.
    OH! I totally wanted one of those, but opted for a vertical industrial instead. :33
    What I Have:Left ear: Industrial, Rook, Conch, Tragus, Standard lobes
    Right ear: Vertical Industrial, Helix, Standard lobes
    Retired: Second set of lobes, Right Tragus, Right Snug

What I Want:
    Repierce second set of lobes, tongue web, standard tongue,
    septum, horizontal nipples, hips, among other things...

"We live in fear and danger of them,
    Their delicate cheeks will turn to rotting flesh;
    One day, women will all become monsters."

Follow My Tumblr (Occasionally NSFW)

I would get them both done at different times the industrial is pretty heavy going just as one piering!