Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Velts' labret scalpelling extravaganza.

Default Velts' labret scalpelling extravaganza.

So, yet another thread in this subforum

I'm happy to announce that after a few years of research and waiting for the right moment, I finally got my labret scalpelled and stretched to 10mm!

The people from one of the most reputable shops in northern europe, Larypiercing, were in Tallinn this weekend to suspend some people (which I unfortunately had to skip due to lack of money). I contacted one of the people (Lari Lahti, the owner/main piercer in the shop with tons of experience in the heavier modification field) a few weeks before, asking questions, inquiring about the price, aftercare, etc. Basically, everything I'd ever need to know about large-gauge lip piercings. I decided to go for it as they were coming to Tallinn anyway.
    The procedure (excluding measuring and marking) took under half a minute to perform. Lari would first pierce my lip with the scalpel, then cut it slightly upwards with three or four slices. Once the cut had been made, he took a taper and drove it through the newly cut slit, giving it the necessary shape and enlarging it a bit to stop most of the bleeding. He then followed the taper with jewellery.
    It didn't hurt as bad as I'd expected, I mean, it DID hurt a bit, especially the last centimetre of the taper, but not nearly as much as one'd expect.
    Sadly, I don't have any procedural shots but here's one I took three or so hours after getting it done; before most of the swelling kicked in:

I am EXTREMELY pleased with how it turned out, I've been chasing the aesthetic for so long and finally having a large-gauge lip piercing is beyond describable. I also was very thrilled to see a real proffessional at work. His skills were outstanding, in addition to which he's just an all-around nice guy, as friendly as a person can be and just generally fun to hang out with.

I'll be keeping a little log of how my lip is doing for others interested and also for myself to document the experience.

First night: It didn't particularly hurt, but it was a tad sore. Wasn't that swollen, about three millimetres of the jewellery were easily visible. Lari recommended me to sleep in a semi-sitting position so I slept on the couch, which was a nice change.

Day 2: Lari invited me to watch the suspensions as he was aware of my thoughts of one day becoming a practitioner myself. I did a lot of talking and laughing, which probably irritated the fresh piercing a bit, after about 4 hours in I noticed I had swollen up some more and left to get some ice water. That reduced the swelling a bit. Now I'm going to give my lip it's first sea salt soak. I also disinfected and slid on an O-ring which seems to have catched some crust on it. I've seen no actual blood as of yet, and hoping it stays this way. Managed to eat three or four slices of pizza with no particular problems, just that temporarily getting used to not using your lower lip is going to take a while. All good so far.

If anyone really cared enough to read through all this, then thank you, and I hope I've inspired you. For those thinking about getting their lip scalpelled, I say GO FOR IT. It doesn't hurt that bad and will make you one happy puppy.
    Hi, 'm Velts. Fear not, I'll only bite on mutual consent & in a very specific setting.
    Stretched, poked, scalpelled, hooked and pierced.

Founding member of Flying Pigs Suspension

42mm+ lobes
    10mm center labret
    10mm nasal septum
    2.4mm Frenum
    1.2mm double nostrils
    1.2mm vertical nip-nips
    Quite a few tattoos, mostly blackwork. 8 suspensions. (will write up on the additional 5 some time soon)A few retired, many to come.

That is amazing! I'm very jealous and your experience sounds great! Happy healing!

lookin good, it really suits you
    Nat x

have:
    central lower lip, scaffold, snug, philtrum, both nipples and 10mm stretched ear lobe

had: nostril, bridge

want: helix, bridge, triangle? and lots of tattoos

Wonderful write up, it looks amazing on you and wow what an experience.

This will be so helpful for others in the future. Well done Velts!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Jealous! Congrats, it looks amazing on you!

26mm both lobes, 6mm second lobes, 6mm left inner conch, 8mm septum, 2.4mm inner labia, 1.6mm nipples, 1.2mm nostril
    18x18cm mandala scarification on thigh

tumblr

It looks very good! Congrats! It suits you.
    There is no coming to consciousness without pain.
    Carl Jung

L ear: 1x18mm 4x14g lobes, 1x14g helix & 14g scaffold
    R ear: 1x18mm, 3x14g lobes, 1x14g helix, 16g helix, 16g forward helix & 16g tragus
    14g Double nostrils, 14g Cyberbites, Monroe, Madonna
    16g Left Eyebrow, 14g spiderbites
    Ink: 9 tattoos
    Retired piercings: septum & bridge, right double eyebrow
    Want:
    Rook! Daith? Lots more ink!
    Facebook

Woooowww, you have some balls on you! Looks amazing
    I'm Cherry *^-^*

Stretched: 20mm ears

Piercings: 1.6mm Cheeks, 2.4mm septum, 1.2mm medusa, 1.6mm conch, 1.2mm tragus, both ears pierced, 1 x microdermals, navel.

Tattoos: Half sleeve 1 session from finished, Angel-ey thing on each atm, Vines down spine, 5 butterflies on back. Daisy on inner thigh. Black heart on nape. Smiley face on knee.

Retired/Rejected: 13 microdermals, 2 surface bars, Monroe, 2 x navel, nostril, 2mm tongue, webbing, labret.

I've already said it; but it looks pretty and I am jealous!
    Like its always belonged
    Complete with a green straightjacket with circuit boards stuck all over!

Current: 1" lobes, 4g conches, septum, 6g helix, daithy- helix, helix industrial, bridge, 8g both nostrils, one lonely nipple and both cheeks, vert labret an a sternum micro. Forearm branding, calf cutting and a split tongue.
    Retired: Nape, neck and chest micros, nipple, 4g tongue, eyebrow, snakebites. Several lobes, labrets and nostrils. Rook ):
    Next up: moar leg!

And no tattoos D:

tumblr

Fankyoo, everyone is so kind

I've been holding cloth-wrapped ice on my lip for 15 minutes at a time and taking half-hour breaks for the better part of the evening now, the swelling doesn't seem to want to subside, but it certainly feels good. Tomorrow is a 12-hour workday, so we'll see how that goes.. Going to take some ibuprofen in the morning and around midday to try and keep the swelling at bay, as reccommended by Lari. He also told me to find some Arnica Montana gel or preferably pills..I've done some research, this stuff seems to be pretty common just about everywhere but Estonia. Did manage to source a store around here though that has the gel, but that's not open until tuesday, so..
    I may just ask him to send me some pills, as they are said to be more effective than the gel.
    TL;DR case probably, but..Yeah.. I'm going to sleep now and hold off posting until tomorrow evening, unless something happens (read: GORE) in the night. Hoping it won't.
    Hi, 'm Velts. Fear not, I'll only bite on mutual consent & in a very specific setting.
    Stretched, poked, scalpelled, hooked and pierced.

Founding member of Flying Pigs Suspension

42mm+ lobes
    10mm center labret
    10mm nasal septum
    2.4mm Frenum
    1.2mm double nostrils
    1.2mm vertical nip-nips
    Quite a few tattoos, mostly blackwork. 8 suspensions. (will write up on the additional 5 some time soon)A few retired, many to come.

Awesome. That looks really cool
    I'm Amelia
    My piercer

L & R 4mm lobe | L & R 2nd & 3rd lobe | L double helix | L inner conch | L rook | R helix | R forward helix | R tragus (re-pierced) | R outer conch
    L nostril | Septum | Madonna | L (Devil) & R (Angel) nipple | Nape dermal x2 (vertical) | Cleavage dermal | Navel (re-pierced #2) | VCH

Failed: Navel (rejected x2) | R tragus (migrated) | L collar bone dermal (rejected)
    Wish list: R double inner conch | Tongue

Facebook

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast