Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bring it back?

Question Bring it back?

Hey for all those who have been watching the ( UK ) news, thoughts on the debate of bringing back the death penalty?

x
    Hey, It's Nat ♥

Both lobes Helix Scaffolding Tragus

http://s459.photobucket.com/albums/q...110807_4-1.jpg

For some things like pedophilia I'd vote yes!
    There is no coming to consciousness without pain.
    Carl Jung

L ear: 1x18mm 4x14g lobes, 1x14g helix & 14g scaffold
    R ear: 1x18mm, 3x14g lobes, 1x14g helix, 16g helix, 16g forward helix & 16g tragus
    14g Double nostrils, 14g Cyberbites, Monroe, Madonna
    16g Left Eyebrow, 14g spiderbites
    Ink: 9 tattoos
    Retired piercings: septum & bridge, right double eyebrow
    Want:
    Rook! Daith? Lots more ink!
    Facebook

I think in really serious cases where someone will be serving life, yes. If there is no chance of them ever regaining freedom then their life is pretty much over anyway..
    Sarah

I'd have to say no, especially when you see cases of people being freed after several years when it turns out it wasn't them that committed the crime....can't bring back people from the dead now can we? Although I'm not sure how many of those cases were murderers or rapists serving life etc

Also it goes through my mind that it would be an easy way out for some, look at how some convicted serial killers etc try to kill themselves when locked up...by bringing back the death penalty we'd be doing them a favour.

I also have never been one for the "eye for an eye" mentality, would we also bring back corporate punishment for lesser crimes? Bring back the cane in schools? Where would it end?
    Last edited by Boo; 08-07-2011 at 01:17 PM. Reason: realised there was a typo lol
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I don't support the death penalty in any situation, tbh. I am a firm believer that you can't fight fire with fire.
    I'm Lindsay.
    Piercings:
    Ears: Right conch, left conch, left double helix, 1/2" lobes.
    Other: Both nostrils, septum, VCH, navel
    RIP: Left eyebrow, right double tragus
    7 tattoos!

Capital punishment doesn't deter anyone, targets those who are unable to afford capable legal council, costs more than life in imprisonment and kills innocent people. All so we can indulge one of our most primal instincts. It really brings up a massive host of issues that I won't write in this post. Who in their right mind, could think it's a good idea?
    Last edited by Alex696; 08-07-2011 at 03:00 AM.

Personally I think it's more satisfactory for someone who is a murderer or rapist to kill themselves, it's essentially a way out, even if no one knows whether it all ends after, their certainly no longer experiencing it. A part of me would like to think that people who commit the most awful crimes would suffer horrendously, but I don't think the death penalty is the right way; hopefully even for those who don't repent, living after commiting a murder or something can't be easy. I would hope that really it's harder on them, but I don't really know, I can't put myself into that mentality.
    It's quite a hard question really, doesn't help that i'm shattered, apologies if that makes no sense :/. Tbh I don't know, there are a lot of other issues that link in.
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Alex696 View Post
    Capital punishment doesn't deter anyone, targets those who are unable to afford capable legal council, costs more than life in imprisonment and kills innocent people. All so we can indulge one of our most primal instincts. It really brings up a massive host of issues that I won't write in this post. Who in their right mind, could think it's a good idea?
    I always wondered about the cost, people try and use it as an argument and good point about those not being to afford proper legal council.

It scares me that people can think killing other people who have done wrong is acceptable...
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Im unsure on this, part of me thinks yes because some people are better off out of this world but part of me thinks its an easy way out. Child abusers get abused my other inmates in prison and from my own anecdotal evidence the police officers turn a blind eye , this makes me think life imprisonment is more of a punishment . People who end up in prison for serious offences should be punished , prison should not be like a hotel with entertainment and food better than what some people can afford. It should be more like american state prisons here IMHO
    Got : tongue, rook, helix (x3), tragus, conch (x2), lobes (x4)
    Retired: daith, tragus, helix, wrist, daith, navel
    Tats: not enough

In my view the death penalty is never justifiable. There are far too many cases of wrongful conviction (and no, DNA evidence doesn't make this impossible in future), and with the death penalty there is no chance to correct things. However, we should go back to the original idea that the statutory, unalterable, penalty for murder is life imprisonment, without chance of parole or release. Manslaughter should remain with a lower penalty - probably around 5-30 years, depending on the exact circumstances in the case.

In any event the whole debate is pretty pointless, as we would have to leave both the EU and ECHR to be able to re-introduce the death penalty, and neither seems likely in the near future.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast