Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bring it back?

No. i am firmly against the death penalty and thankfully Britain is a liberal enough country to never bring it back. Remember the words of Gandhi - an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
    Piercings:
    L Ear: 13mm lobe, 8mm lobe, snug, industrial, daith, tragus
    R Ear: 13mm lobe, 8mm lobe, 4 x helix, rook, tragus
    Other: 6mm Tongue, Septum, bridge/erl, 2 x philtrum

Retired:
    Christina, Left eyebrow, Industrial (R Ear), 5mm lip

Tattoos:
    Star on left forearm
    'Freedom' in script on right forearm
    GITS Neck Ports
    Dragon Quest Slime on left wrist

Other:
    (Semi) Permanent eyeliner - current
    (semi) permanent eyebrows - totally faded

Quote Originally Posted by Dungeoneer View Post
    No. i am firmly against the death penalty and thankfully Britain is a liberal enough country to never bring it back. Remember the words of Gandhi - an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
    Well said!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I agree with everyone who said 'no'. I hope it never comes back to this country.

I would oppose a return of the death penalty as strongly as possible. There is no excuse for taking a life (unless it's euthanasia, but that's another debate entirely). Also, as already mentioned, there are so many cases of new evidence revealing that a convicted criminal was actually innocent many years later that the death penalty can never be considered morally right.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Matter View Post
    For some things like pedophilia I'd vote yes!
    This may be your opinion and you are entitled to that, but IMO, it seems pretty ignorant. Do you realise that "sex offender" recidivism rates are substantially lower than most other crimes? This would indicate that such offenders are highly capable of rehibilitation and desistance.
    Last edited by TheArctopus; 09-11-2011 at 05:51 PM.
    Pierced, Punched, Stretched and Scarified

I read somewhere that, if it were to come back, they were going to use it in child abuse cases and killing police officers?
    If you can definitely prove that it was the person, then I'm all for it.
    But I don't think it will change anything and people will still kill..
    phitrum, septum, conch, nipples, snake bites.
    throat MD.
    23 tattoos- fingers, feet, half sleeve, wrist, forearm, chest, shoulder, ankle, calf

I'm Kayleigh.

You're crazy, you know that? I knew you were crazy the minute I laid eyes on you. Crazy.

Facebook

I read an interesting article about how in states where they have the death penalty they have much higher homicide rates than states where they don't have the death penalty. Even taking into account like population density, relative depravity etc.

I personally refuse to believe that there are people who are purely evil. I think if you're going to judge someone you really should walk a mile in their shoes first. Circumstances change people. I work in schools and the kids who are bullies are the ones who have horrible home lives. Come in without having had breakfast or a proper nights sleep. No books in the house at all. Parents always smoking and drinking and sitting them in front of the tv rather than interacting with them. I know that loads of people go through horrible circumstances and are lovely, but I still can't help but feel sorry for these people and their negative upbringing

Also as Alex said, it is loads more expensive, and people without the money to afford good legal council would be the only ones getting it. It'd just widen social class gaps.
    Call me Genni...

"Everyone deserves the chance to fly"

Keeper of the magical hunting bees with Trivium and Miharu

*proudly wears her dictionary straight-jacket*

hells monkey tbh...
    you are a big gay boy

*Disclaimer: When I argue unless I quote sources it is all my opinion. My way of writing is because I do creative writing and you can't sound uncertain.*

Capital punishment rarely solves anything. It's also rare for a country to accept capital punishment after already abolishing the concept. Also, where in the UK news did you read this?

Not really sure but it does seem to be a very extreme way to punish someone & think of the complications if it turns out that they were in fact innocent.
    Piercings:

Have - Ear lobes, nose, tongue, left side of lip

Wanted - Helix, nipples, hips,

Retired - Left eyebrow.

Tattoo - Butterfly & flowers on left forearm.

I think anyone who commits a serious crime either has a VERY good reason that anyone would agree with such as killing someone that raped or killed your child OR they are mentally ill and need help. Some of the crimes I hear about, no normal person would even consider and therefore any criminal must have something wrong. Probably most cant be helped but they should be treated as ill as tey must have a defective way of thinking even to consider rape/murder. This means I disagree with the death penalty.
    Have: Right lobe X 2
    Left Lobe X 2
    Left tragus
    Left helix

Want:
    Left helix
    Snake bites
    Right Rook or forward helix
    Right lobe 2nd hole stretched to 3/4mm.
    Right helix

Retired: Right helix x 2
    R/L lobes