Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I am probably the biggest wimp EVER, and I want my nose done. Help?

Has the shop said yes then?
    There is no coming to consciousness without pain.
    Carl Jung

L ear: 1x18mm 4x14g lobes, 1x14g helix & 14g scaffold
    R ear: 1x18mm, 3x14g lobes, 1x14g helix, 16g helix, 16g forward helix & 16g tragus
    14g Double nostrils, 14g Cyberbites, Monroe, Madonna
    16g Left Eyebrow, 14g spiderbites
    Ink: 9 tattoos
    Retired piercings: septum & bridge, right double eyebrow
    Want:
    Rook! Daith? Lots more ink!
    Facebook

i'm such a wimp too, but i'm determined to get more piercings no matter how much i freak out.
    The parallel universe perhaps could be the perfect scene.

have;
    2 lobes, one stretched 6mm, right nostril
    want; left helix, lower lip

I know what you mean, there's been times i've considered guns despite knowing in great detail all the reasons to avoid them, so don't worry i'm not going to jump down your neck.
    All i can say is that i've had my nose done THREE TIMES with a gun and once with a needle (dont ask why i lost them so many times over the years... random swelling meaning ive had to take it out, been knocked out doing sports, that kind of stuff) and needle was definately less painful. The gun is quite 'violent' like it really bashes it into your nose and it does definately hurt, it's harder to heal because imagine a sharp needle sliding effortlessly through your skin or a fairly blunt object being shot forcefully through it, you can imagine which is going to create the most trauma and be hardest to heal.
    I'm also scared of needles/pain and stuff (i never used to be) to the point where i'd be like you and consider something that i knew was bad in the hope that it'd be less painful/unpleasant... but if i was to get it done again, i'd honestly choose the needle its much nicer.
    I promise you you have nothing to worry about. I'm a total wimp, i CRIED having my tongue pierced but nose piercing is really one of those simple things id get done with no consideration or fear/pain or have even a touch of nerves. Not a big deal at all
    Last edited by abcba; 08-17-2011 at 11:28 PM.

i had my nose pierced with a gun and it didnt hurt at all but i heard needles are not that painful at all. i know how u feel as i am terrified of needles and to be honest both ends in a jiffy. it would be over before u even know it but the key is to go to a proffesional piercer. thats extremely important.

When you consider the diseases carried by guns, even if it hurt 1,000 times more I would go with the needle.
    I'm Amelia
    My piercer

L & R 4mm lobe | L & R 2nd & 3rd lobe | L double helix | L inner conch | L rook | R helix | R forward helix | R tragus (re-pierced) | R outer conch
    L nostril | Septum | Madonna | L (Devil) & R (Angel) nipple | Nape dermal x2 (vertical) | Cleavage dermal | Navel (re-pierced #2) | VCH

Failed: Navel (rejected x2) | R tragus (migrated) | L collar bone dermal (rejected)
    Wish list: R double inner conch | Tongue

Facebook

I'd never get pierced with a gun, i wouldn't do that to my body - but to be fair despite knowing the logic behind and the fact that it is technically possible, i've never heard any report of anyone catching anything from a gun, and if the risk was really there they'd be banned...
    DON'T ATTACK ME! i'd never get gunned or advise getting gunned or anything, i'd ban them purely on how bad they are for your body, i'm just saying.

ok, so i've never had any needle in my life. not even vacinations! (parents...) only thing thats entered my body is my ear piercings and i got them when i was young, so i dont remember! and thursday that just passed i got my bottom right lip, mind you my lips are pretty big! and it honestly did not hurt that much. yeah, there's a pinch but its not crying worthy! its over before you know it! oh AND i have like, the worst pain tolerance ever! so dont worry about the inital piercing, its mainly the healing process which is a bit more painful. though if proper care is taken, pain is minimal and you will have an amazing work of art!

Quote Originally Posted by abcba View Post
    i've never heard any report of anyone catching anything from a gun, and if the risk was really there they'd be banned...
    But the risk is there....not attacking you just confused. The industry is totally unregulated, this is why people end up in hospital and others at doctors surgeries with issues. Yes very often they will be infections that are stopped because the person seeks medical advice, but I don't understand how you think an infection can be caught but something more serious can't.....?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I've never had one.. but I've been told that they are quick. Just get someone to distract you or something.. or get a stress ball!! those things work.

I'm a big wimp. Of the 17 piercings I have, my nose hurt the least. In fact, my nose didn't hurt at all. I felt the pressure of the needle but there was zero pain. Of course everyone's different, but that was my experience.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast