Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Symmetry with piercings

i agree with balance, i'm planning to get a second industrial in my right, my tragus, and 2 more lobe piercings and planning 1 industrial in my left, my rook, my tragus, and also 2 more lobe piercings.
    ~>*Alisha*<~(24) wife to ~ Joseph(27)
    mother to ~ Rachel(9/27/06), Nathan(1/28/08),
    Lucas(7/3/09), & Hunter(10/27/11)

I like the word balance! I have 2 lobes pierced in each ear which I like & One right helix. The plan is to get another right helix done & my left tragis. My 9 year old son only wants me to get my right side pierced which is fine but I think it might look a little strange if there is too much on one side & none on the other!
    Jo

Will the day be bright or cloudy?
    Sweetly has its dawn begun
    But the heaven may shake with thunder
    Ere the setting of the sun
    Emily Bronte 1836

I have: First lobes, single Right nostril, left tragus, naval, left Conch and new Right 14 gauge conch
    Retired 2nd lobes, daith, rook and helix8

I am not concerned with symmetry either

I never really paid much attention to it, but I tend to add tattoos and piercings to me left side more than my right....I have 3 tats on my left side and 3 piercings on my left side, 1 tat and 1 piercing on my right. So I guess I favore my left side, I wonder why?

I have just been pondering this quierie myself about symmetry on ears for piercings as I love my tragus and rook piercings but dunno if it's look better to have them on both sides. I also feel like theres a lot on my right ear but hardly anything on my left, on my right i have my rook, double helix and lobe compared to my left which is just my tragus and lobe.......considering getting either a rook or daith on the left side to balance things up (can't get both as I don't think i'd have the space and it would look a bit too cluttered for me) and a conch or a snug
    Debs x

Currently have....
    Ears: 2mm Lobe(L&R), Tragus(L), Rook (R) & Anti-tragus (R). 2x retired helix(R)
    Other: Back Surface Piercing

Planning....
    Snug(L), Tragus(R), Daith(L), 2nd Lobe (L&R)
    Stretching Goal: 10mm

I don't like symmetry, but balance is good. Having about the same amount of metal in each ear, or side of my face/body feels more right. As of now my ears are balanced but I have my lip done on the left and nothing on the right. :(

the only place that symmetry really bothers me is my lobes... i can't stand having them not match. i guess i have both feet tattooed and have a pair of crocodiles inside each bicep. but i think those were more happenstance than planned symmetry.
    Piercings: 9/16" & 6g lobes | 8g septum | some others
    Other: 1 cutting | some tattoos

i like to have the same number of piercings in both ears just not necessarily the same piercings. at the moment ive got 5 in each ear, but they dont match
    Grab life by the conkers

Piercings: Standard Lobe, 20mm Lobe, 3 Helix, Tragus, Inner Conch, Industrial, Tongue, Medusa, 2 Horizontal Nipples
    Tattoos: 11

Retired: Helix, Tragus, 3 Eyebrow, Central Lip, Side Lip, Navel

i'm sort of mixed, it depends where for me! like my right ear is 16mm with a scaffold too, but my other ear is a plain (standard sized) ear piercing, like 1mm or something? i like the difference, a cute little diamond stud in one, and a big hole and bar in the other ;D
    however, with me now having two labrets and a septum on my face, it may not count as symetry, but as my labrets and pierced/stretched ear are the right side, i feel like maybe i need something on my left? idk, that's why i wanted collarbones, then they're symetrical, but at least there's something on the left then, between my face and navel haha :3
    poh of the undead~

face: septum, cheeks
    oral: smiley, tongue web, venoms
    right ear: horizontal industrial, 16mm stretched lobe
    left ear: 2mm lobe
    retired: spiderbites (don't look right with cheeks) and my 2 collarbone dermals

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

My facial piercings are all symmetrical; double nostrils, snake bites, septum, tongue-web (rip)
    But I have two left nip piercings & none on my right!
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!