Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Symmetry with piercings

I was pretty OCD with my symmetry and how everything was placed.

Just got my forward helix pierced to complete my look, I now have 3 lower lobes and 2 cartilage piercings on each ear.
    What I have:

16g Rt. Helix
    14g Rt. Conch
    14g Lt. Daith
    16g Lt. Forward Helix
    16g First Lobes
    18g 2nd and 3rd Lobes

Yeah I'm the same. HAVE to be the same amount on both sides!

I like my piercings to be asymmetrical.

For example, my right ear had: lobe, 3 helix and tragus and my left had: lobe, rook, conch, industrial. I think that they looked really good together and complimented one another without matching. Oh, and I say had because the only ear piercings I currently have jewelry in are my conch and lobes and I'm not sure how many of the others are still even open.

Quote Originally Posted by lildropofsunshine View Post
    I like my piercings to be asymmetrical.
    So do I - I took out one of my second lobe piercings after 2 weeks as I didn't like the symmetry one little bit. I hated it immediately but I thought I'd delay retiring it for a few days to see if it grew on me. It didn't!

Balance is great - but not symmetry!
    Caro

I am a bit OCD as well. Actually, a lot. I collect Pandora and Trollbeads, and always buy two of each bead, except for a few that act as focal beads on designs.

I have a septum and right nostril pierced ATM, and NEED the left nostril pierced eventually, as well. I don't know exactly when, but I will get it done this year.

As for my ears, I have 3 lobe piercings on each, and both tragus (traguses?) pierced as well. I have one helix on each, but they have different placements, and I have slightly different plans for the rest of the piercings I want for my ears.

I want a Daith piercing on my right ear, and one or two more Helixes on my left ear. I figured that I please myself enough with the symmetry of the lobes and tragus, so I can have a couple different ones, to keep things interesting.

I was actually too worried about symmetry when I got my helix piercings because if they were too high I thought it would look too similar to my industrial on the other side so they ended up being halfway down my ear, but now I'm wishing a little that I did get it higher...life is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by tamahachi View Post
    I was actually too worried about symmetry when I got my helix piercings because if they were too high I thought it would look too similar to my industrial on the other side so they ended up being halfway down my ear, but now I'm wishing a little that I did get it higher...life is hard.

Life IS hard! I am now rethinking the plans for my ears, and wondering if I should retire my left ear helix, get two more to keep it company and on which ear to get the Daith piercing I have wanted for ages.
    Current

Ears: Left -2x helix and 3x lobe; Right - helix, tragus and 3x lobe
    Face: Right nostril, septum

Retired

1x right ear, navel,
    labret and left tragus

I think I'm mixed. On the one hand, I want each ear to have the same number of holes, just different placement. I have symmetrical lobes, a triple helix on one side, and I want a double conch and a rook on the other

In my opinion, I think same amount of lobes is ideal, but different placements for the cartilage piercings- well that's I plan to do!
    4 lobes in each ear
    1 right tragus
    1 right helix
    1 left nose
    1 right & 1 left nipples
    1 VCH
    1 right rook
    1 right inner conch
    1 floating navel
    1 left daith

Retired: left tragus, 2 lobes in each ear, left nipple, 2x navel

Want: 1 vertical tongue, 1 Madonna, HCH,

Senior Member MidnightDreamer22's Avatar

I'm all about asymmetry, honestly
    Hey there! I'm Niki!
    Piercings
    Left ear: 2x standard lobe, inner conch Right ear: 2x standard lobe, tragus, double helix Other: left nostril, septum

RIP: right nostril, navel

Tattoos
    2,5 hours of work (right rib piece and waist/ hip lettering)

Want: industrial, daith, philtrum, sooo many tattoos
    Tumblr // Instagram