Thread: Philtrum frenulum cutting!

Lightbulb Philtrum frenulum cutting!

Today, excited, buzzing with excitement in fact, I went into the shop to get my long-awaited medusa piercing. Finally, I was done with my no-facial-piercings-allowed job, and so happy about it. As it turns out, major let down, the frenulum, that small piece of tissue connecting your gums to your upper lip, goes down too far to get the medusa!! He said it was like being tongue-tied, just with my upper lip instead.

Here's the thing-- he said that I can get it cut, and then get the piercing. He said it heals extremely quickly and is no big deal. He offered to put me into contact with someone who would cut it for me. Have any of you ever had this done? Is that normal? I trust my piercer completely, he is fantastic, but I would like to hear of some other people's experience with this.

I had mine lasered off as dental treatment....sorry thats probably no help
    BodyMods
    Current
    Helix-Anti Helix Industrial
    Tongue
    Horizontal Nipples
    Rook
    Flesh Staple on Chest
    12ga Septum
    Swallow Tattoo on outer ankle
    RIP~~Cleavage Dermal Anchor~~RIP
    RIP~~Transverse Horizontal Lobes~~RIP
    RIP~~12ga Lobes~~RIP

Quote Originally Posted by vegan.wizdim View Post
    I had mine lasered off as dental treatment....sorry thats probably no help
    That is help indeed. How expensive was it, how was healing, and did it change the look of your lip at all?

Uh not sure how much it was as I was getting a heap of other work done at the same time, was kinda pricey tho. Healing was fine, a little sore for a couple of days but nothing major. It hasn't changed the shape of my lip at all, the only difference is that now when I smile you can see my teeth a bit (couldn't see them at all before).

Tasted bad tho (burnt flesh due to the laser)
    BodyMods
    Current
    Helix-Anti Helix Industrial
    Tongue
    Horizontal Nipples
    Rook
    Flesh Staple on Chest
    12ga Septum
    Swallow Tattoo on outer ankle
    RIP~~Cleavage Dermal Anchor~~RIP
    RIP~~Transverse Horizontal Lobes~~RIP
    RIP~~12ga Lobes~~RIP

Hahaaa, never thought of the taste.

Anyone else had this done??

I've had this done due to being tongue tied, so mine was a bit more to handle than a philtrum I guess seeming as I had both undersides of my tongue cut. I had mine done through the doctors though as it was starting to interfere with how I spoke. I can imagine it heals quite quickly compared to what I had done though, that was a pain in the a***.

And here's a yummy picture for you. Apologies for how yellow my teeth are in the photo, a bit of my tongue was cut and it pissed out blood which made everything look a bit funky.
    Hi, I'm Philly

Current;

L industrial | L rook | L conch | R tragus | R helix | R daith | 4 x standard lobe | 2 x 6mm lobe | L nostril | Septum |

Retired;
    L nipple | Navel |

Find me;
    Blog| Instagram

It looks like there's a big bubble of something creeping out from under your tongue. Looks pretty painful!

Get a vertical medusa!

Quote Originally Posted by flatwormfarm View Post
    It looks like there's a big bubble of something creeping out from under your tongue. Looks pretty painful!
    I'm not gunna lie, healing that was the most painful thing I've ever done. I had it done 3 years ago though and it healed perfectly, although my frenulum did grow back a little.
    Hi, I'm Philly

Current;

L industrial | L rook | L conch | R tragus | R helix | R daith | 4 x standard lobe | 2 x 6mm lobe | L nostril | Septum |

Retired;
    L nipple | Navel |

Find me;
    Blog| Instagram