Thread: Snug Piercing (To Accompany Rook)?

Default Snug Piercing (To Accompany Rook)?

So I'm thinking about getting my next piercing. For a while now I've been hung up between an inverse navel or a snug; the other day I met an old friend who I haven't seen in a while, who, after proudly showing her fully healed snug, has convinced me that this is the route to go.

I guess the regular questions;
    -How much does this hurt (compared to rook)? The piercing studio I'll be going to offers anaesthetic but I'm used to having none.
    -I've heard this can be a problematic piercing; if so, how?
    -What's the after care for a snug like? (Similar to most cartilage piercings?)
    -I already have an 1.6mm/8mm bioplast barbell left over from when I had my rook pierced; will this size be suitable for a snug piercing? (It will be thoroughly sterilised before I place it in a fresh piercing, have no worries! =P}
    -Estimated healing time/before I can change the jewellery? (I realise this differs person to person, but I've found my piercings fare better after I've switched from titanium to a different material.)

Finally, here is a mock up image of the proposed snug next to my rook; would you guys say it looked okay? I mean, I don't want to end up with a piercing that itsn't complimentary to the ones I already have! (I've also thought I might get a double helix (twist?) piercing as a later date to fill in the blank between the snug and the rook. But that's another topic entirely!) Note; I usually wear two of the earring I have in my lobe; my mum reckons I would have to change my lobe earrings if I got as a snug as it would be too crowded or 'heavy'; do you guys agree?

(Also, sorry that my ear is purple; I just dyed my hair this morning! ^^; }

Thanks in advance, guys! =D

Jx

Last edited by Jester; 07-27-2011 at 05:41 PM.

i love the jewellery in your rook by the way!

snugs are a very difficult piercing, most people just aren't suited to them and an honest piercer would tell you if you are or not. you need a very defined ridge to succesfully heal one. i had my snug done 2 years ago by a piercer who didnt care for my anatomy (i dont have a ridge at all), i stupidly didnt know any better and needless so say it just rejected. it was very painfull to pierce and bled a lot. personally if your anatomy is suited i'd go for the inverse navel - i'm hopefully getting one in a few months - if you want you could even go for something else on your ear that wont grow out :-) good luck
    Piercings I have

left ear: lobes-1sts and 2nds, helix
    right ear: lobes- 1sts and 2nds, 3rds (lower cartilage),
    right nostril
    monroe

R.I.P

navel x2
    snug
    forward helix x2
    helix

I LOVE bioflex IN MY PIERCINGS

-How much does this hurt (compared to rook)? The piercing studio I'll be going to offers anaesthetic but I'm used to having none. - Don't bother with freeze spray, I can't comment though because none of my ear piercings have ever really hurt me that much

-I've heard this can be a problematic piercing; if so, how? Very pissy, takes ages to heal, plenty of swelling and for a long time too

-What's the after care for a snug like? (Similar to most cartilage piercings?) Same as any other, SSS twice a day for a few weeks then just when it's irritated, chamomile teabag added if you want it etc

-I already have an 1.6mm/8mm bioplast barbell left over from when I had my rook pierced; will this size be suitable for a snug piercing? (It will be thoroughly sterilised before I place it in a fresh piercing, have no worries! =P} Let the piercer decide what's best for you

-Estimated healing time/before I can change the jewellery? (I realise this differs person to person, but I've found my piercings fare better after I've switched from titanium to a different material.) Anywhere from 6-12months if you are mega mega lucky to 2 years plus really....impossible to answer. Why not get it pierced in something other than titanium in the first place?

Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Cant comment on anatomy because im not a pro piercer, but i think it'd look really cute!! xxx
    Amy
    Current: Lobes, Left Helix, Right Tragus, Navel, Nose
    Planning: Tongue, Second Lobes, Snug
    Retired: Right Nostril :(