Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Piercing

Default First Piercing

Hi guys, im new to piercing and I really want a 'fake' ear plug in.

I do not want to stretch my lobes what so ever, so my question is. Will a 1.2mm plug fit a 'standard' piercing hole?

Thanks.

Depends on how big it was pierced in the first place. All my lobe piercings were done with a gun, bad move, I believe a gunned lobe is usually about a 20 gauge. The holes in mine are tiny anyway! My sister had her 3rd set of lobes pierced with a needle and I'm pretty sure that was at a 16 gauge which would be 1.2mm although she has managed to fit 18 gauge in her 2 sets of gunned lobes no problem.

Regardless though even if you're ears were gunned, 1.2mm is still really tiny so if you have to stretch them a teeny bit to fit the fake plug it in won't be the end of the world. They would downsize back easily if you were to take them out.
    4 x Lobes
    2 x MDs Lower Back
    Navel + Inverse Navel
    4 x Surface Hips
    3 x Left Inner Conch
    3x Left Outer Conch
    Right Rook
    2 x Right Conch
    Right Helix
    Septum
    Orchid Tattoo Ribs + Disney Tattoo Thigh

a standard shop bought earring is usually 0.8mm, however most people are initially pierced at 1.2mm.
    its likely that if your lobes have been pierced for a while or you wear dangly earrings/hoops etc a lot then they will have loosened up enough to fit a 1.2mm through them without any issues.

how long have you had your lobes pierced?
    Hi, i'm Lauren

CURRENT PIERCINGS: 17
    Lobes x3 (14,1.6,1.2), inner conch punches (6mm,7mm), outer conch punch (7mm) rook x1, nipples x2, navel, nostril x1, tongue x1 (3.2), vertical labret, septum

TATTOOS: x7 approx 10.5 hrs work

Thanks for the replies.

I've only had my ears pierced around 3 months..

Quote Originally Posted by Karly View Post
    Thanks for the replies.

I've only had my ears pierced around 3 months..
    How were they pierced? Gun or needle?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

i want fake ear plugs too.. but still gotta wait for more posts to make my own thread

What's the point of the fake plug? In my opinion, it's stupid and kinda puts you off as a fake. Just saying.
    - - - - - -
    My piercings:

Four lobe piercings in left ear
    Two lobe piercings in right ear + helix
    Right nostril
    Standard Navel
    - - - - - -
    Piercings I want:
    Christina
    Industrial in my left ear
    Both Traguses
    Right Rook
    Microdermals on my lower back and my hips
    Second right nostril
    Right Conch
    Inverted Navel
    - - - - - -

I guess it gives people the opportunity to wear a look they don't want to permanently commit to. Yeah it's a bit cheaty but there's loads of fake body jewellery out there. I think good ones actually look good and have been tempted myself becuase altho I'm stretching my helix I don't want/can't have stretched lobes but admire how they look.

I think fake plugs can look good- it's better to try out the look like this and see if you want to stretch before actually committing to it, surely?

If you had your ears pierced by a gun they're probably 0.8mm so a 1.2mm fake plug would be difficult to get in, especially as you've only had them done three months. I had my first lobes pierced with gun about 20 years ago (*feels old*) and even then it was a bit sore going up to 1.2mm recently.

I agree with the above. i've just started stretching my second lobe holes which are about 25 years old - I had to start off with an 1mm (18g) and then went up to a 1.2mm.

But it does depend what you've been wearing in them - My 1st lobe holes always have hoops or danglies in them, and a 1.2mm slips into those easily.
    Hiya - I'm Emma!

Piercings: lobes x 3, Tragus, Helix, Navel, Conch, Sternum Microdermals x 2, VCH, Central Labret, Forward Helix

Tattoos: Stars on inner forearm, Rat on inner ankle, Dotwork Star Mandala on shoulder & Lotus/Butterfly on hip

http://www.facebook.com/emmalsims

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast