Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ear project?

Question Ear project?

Hello, I'm new to this site and relatively new to piercing in general. I had my tongue pierced six months ago and all has been well. I'm considering a navel project or an ear project next. I've made a rough (yay, Paint!) sketch of what I'm considering for my ear (please ignore the black dots). Number 7 may or may not actually go through my ear, it may sit as shown, or the ball may be on the other side, it depends on the specific jewellery. Please let me know what you think, and what you might modify in the design. And feel free to ask questions if you want something clarified. Thank you!

Please click above or scroll down to see the image, redraven was kind enough to post it before I had a high enough post count to be able to!
    Last edited by Russet; 07-23-2011 at 09:44 PM.

I'd have to say that looks really awesome, a couple comments on your idea though:

1) Get everything done separately first before trying to connect everything. If you go
    immediately to this plan, you will experienced an extended healing time and a lot of pain!
    2) The connection from 1 to 4 looks like it may be uncomfortable. This is because the tragus
    lays at a slightly different angle than a straight bar naturally goes. You would have to either
    not make that connection OR have the bar slightly bent at a ninety degree angle at the end to
    make it comfortable
    3) Id say just get that ear project jewelry custom made once everything is healed

good luck!
    Hello, i'm Iliana and... there's a cat behind you

Currently have:
    Left Ear: Tragus, conch, rook, lobe
    Right Ear: Industrial, inner conch, regular lobe
    Other: Navel, VCH

R.I.P.
    Industrial, Helix

Craving:
    Nipples (?), Lots and lots of jewelry

Thanks for the feedback!

I wasn't planning on having the bar from 1 to 4 go through my tragus, Industrial Strength has some side-threaded orbits that have a thread on the back of the gemmed piece and one on the side (90 degrees between the two), so I'd have a labret going through my tragus with the 1-to-4 bar threading onto the gemmed bit at 1. I'd have a similar piece at 4, with the back thread connecting to the spiral barbell.

I was hoping to get the gemmed bits and spiral prior to getting the piercings done, bringing them in so that my piercer can try to get them all placed right for the pieces. But I would for sure let them heal separately, it's much safer!

Sounds like you're going about it pretty responsibly.
    I think the layout looks pretty awesome. My ears have no planning behind them, haha. I admire how much thought you're putting into it.
    Hope it all works out
    I'm Amelia
    My piercer

L & R 4mm lobe | L & R 2nd & 3rd lobe | L double helix | L inner conch | L rook | R helix | R forward helix | R tragus (re-pierced) | R outer conch
    L nostril | Septum | Madonna | L (Devil) & R (Angel) nipple | Nape dermal x2 (vertical) | Cleavage dermal | Navel (re-pierced #2) | VCH

Failed: Navel (rejected x2) | R tragus (migrated) | L collar bone dermal (rejected)
    Wish list: R double inner conch | Tongue

Facebook

Thank you, Addicted! I'm a planner by nature, ahah. I just finished my first year of college and already have the next four years' courses planned out. =P

Haha! Very good. Obviously I am not... I went to uni and did the course I thought I would like, got a semester in and realised it was junk and just swapped to nursing without even thinking about it. 3 and a bit years on I am still a nurse, doing psych, might stay in it might not. Lol. Might do some post grad, might change specialities. Might not. We'll see what happens next year. Haha.
    My piercings are slightly more organised than my life but I am very impulsive so not a great deal more. =P
    I'm Amelia
    My piercer

L & R 4mm lobe | L & R 2nd & 3rd lobe | L double helix | L inner conch | L rook | R helix | R forward helix | R tragus (re-pierced) | R outer conch
    L nostril | Septum | Madonna | L (Devil) & R (Angel) nipple | Nape dermal x2 (vertical) | Cleavage dermal | Navel (re-pierced #2) | VCH

Failed: Navel (rejected x2) | R tragus (migrated) | L collar bone dermal (rejected)
    Wish list: R double inner conch | Tongue

Facebook

Well, it's good that you're fluid like that! I spent so much time trying to pick out the right program to take, worrying about "what if it's not the right choice?" and all that. But career-wise nursing is a good, safe decision. Nurses will always be needed, no matter how the economy fluctuates. And if you chose to do something else entirely later on, you'll always have that practical knowledge that will surely come in useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Russet View Post
    Thanks for the feedback!

I wasn't planning on having the bar from 1 to 4 go through my tragus, Industrial Strength has some side-threaded orbits that have a thread on the back of the gemmed piece and one on the side (90 degrees between the two), so I'd have a labret going through my tragus with the 1-to-4 bar threading onto the gemmed bit at 1. I'd have a similar piece at 4, with the back thread connecting to the spiral barbell.

I was hoping to get the gemmed bits and spiral prior to getting the piercings done, bringing them in so that my piercer can try to get them all placed right for the pieces. But I would for sure let them heal separately, it's much safer!

AHH ok yeah that all sounds great then! I'm sure everything will look awesome once its finished ^.^
    And ah yes industrial strengths orbitals look amazing! so expensive, but definitely a great investment for
    your plans
    Hello, i'm Iliana and... there's a cat behind you

Currently have:
    Left Ear: Tragus, conch, rook, lobe
    Right Ear: Industrial, inner conch, regular lobe
    Other: Navel, VCH

R.I.P.
    Industrial, Helix

Craving:
    Nipples (?), Lots and lots of jewelry

Thank you! And yes they are pricy, but so worth it. I'm waiting for an estimate from Body Art Forms, I can't seem to find a retailer of IS products where I live. ):

Quote Originally Posted by Russet View Post
    Thanks for the feedback!

Agree with the above about getting them done separately first, however only when they're all healed do you want to get the jewellery designed, simply because they can migrate. You don't want to be getting the jewellery, having them done, then finding out it won't fit or it's putting pressure on your ear.

Also glad you cleared up the point about No1 because that wouldn't have worked unless it was bent either gradually in the middle or at a right angle just near the tragus but if you're just connecting it up to another piece of jewellery then that should work fine.

Also factor in how long these types of piercings take to heal and you don't want to be healing more than 3 at once, if you're going for 6 you could be waiting 2-3 years for it all to heal with 7 it will be more like 4 years. And even after that it would have to be perfectly made so as not to put pressure anywhere and as such probably only be something you wear occasionally.

I love the idea though!

Last edited by Boo; 07-09-2011 at 12:28 PM.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast