Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have a double navel piercing :D (Inverse navel diary)

Default I have a double navel piercing :D (Inverse navel diary)

So today I got my inverse navel pierced, to keep my standard one company :P

Went to a studio in my town, originally to get my septum piercing but the policy is 18+ with ID for septum piercings? Yet Inverse Navel is only 16+ with ID? Weird... So yeah, I decided to get this. Septum will be done tough as soon as I can drag my mum with me! (I'm 17, by the way)

So anyway, I booked in, filled out health forms and everything, paid (only 15! Half price :P) and then got McDonalds.

Okay so then it was time to be pierced.

She made me stand up straight and marked it out for me, I agreed on the placement and then she got my to lay down. Clamps on, sharp pain, done. It... It did hurt me. More than my standard navel... But only for a few seconds it was quite bad. Not my most painful piercing, not my least. About a 6/10.

I didn't bleed, didn't feel faint. How about a picture? And another? Just one more

It's feeling a bit tender now, but I love it! It's also quite swollen... so looks a bit wonky but I assure you it's lovely and straight

I'll keep you updated x
    Piercings;
    Left ear: 2x lobes, 1x Helix 1.6mm, 1x Tragus 1.2mm
    Right ear: 2x lobes, Rook 1.6mm, Scaffold 1.6mm
    Other; Navel 1.6mm, Left Nipple 1.6mm

Tattoos;
    Claddagh Symbol on back of neck, 'Not all those who wander are lost' on right foot
    Rose and ink splatter thigh piece, Origami crane calf piece, Splatter LIE/TV calf piece
    Removals;
    'Raison d'etre' and love bird on left wrist, 'Memento mori' and love bird on right wrist

Next planned: Snug Piercing

looks cute! hope it heals well for you
    Hi, i'm Lauren

CURRENT PIERCINGS: 17
    Lobes x3 (14,1.6,1.2), inner conch punches (6mm,7mm), outer conch punch (7mm) rook x1, nipples x2, navel, nostril x1, tongue x1 (3.2), vertical labret, septum

TATTOOS: x7 approx 10.5 hrs work

Looks lovely! I love my inverse navel and you might be happy to hear the healing on it was far less problematic for me than with the standard navel ha ha, so hopefully you will have a similar experience!
    4 x Lobes
    2 x MDs Lower Back
    Navel + Inverse Navel
    4 x Surface Hips
    3 x Left Inner Conch
    3x Left Outer Conch
    Right Rook
    2 x Right Conch
    Right Helix
    Septum
    Orchid Tattoo Ribs + Disney Tattoo Thigh

Congrats, it looks great!

My standard navel rejected 2 times. Do inverse ones really heal better? Are there less migration or rejection possibilities?
    Hope it heals well for you
    Piercings:
    conch(2.4mm),
    tongue
    hip microdermal
    teardrop microdermal
    philtrum

Tattoos
    :

star (hip),
    music heart (back)
    right sleeve
    hand, fingers,
    leg piece

Other:
    corset play piercing
    self done scarification

Retired:
    industrial,
    tragus,
    lobe (20mm),
    lobe (20mm),
    septum,
    both nipples
    bridge,
    navel microdermal

Quote Originally Posted by inaya View Post
    Congrats, it looks great!

My standard navel rejected 2 times. Do inverse ones really heal better? Are there less migration or rejection possibilities?
    It really depends on your anatomy...in my experience, less people are suited to an inverse navel piercing, and it's also more likely to be affected by waistbands of jeans/trousers rubbing against it. However, despite not being totally ideal anatomy-wise I did find mine healed quicker than my standard navel.

Quote Originally Posted by inaya View Post
    Mine too... And now that I go to a proper piercer it won't be being re-pierced again. I have checked and double checked, navel is the wrong shape so no matter how it gets pierced the pressure on the jewellery will inevitably make it reject. Inverse navel will be the same, there is still jewellery being squished by my nevel shape in either position.
    I'm Amelia
    My piercer

L & R 4mm lobe | L & R 2nd & 3rd lobe | L double helix | L inner conch | L rook | R helix | R forward helix | R tragus (re-pierced) | R outer conch
    L nostril | Septum | Madonna | L (Devil) & R (Angel) nipple | Nape dermal x2 (vertical) | Cleavage dermal | Navel (re-pierced #2) | VCH

Failed: Navel (rejected x2) | R tragus (migrated) | L collar bone dermal (rejected)
    Wish list: R double inner conch | Tongue

Facebook

Hey everyone, thanks for the complements

So it's day two, and it's a little swollen but I'm keeping it in check with Ibuprofen. The problem is, there's not enough room in my bellybutton for both of the larger balls so I think I'll have to get them changed to two standard curved barbells with 5mm balls? I don't know, I might go back and see what to do. The problem is when I sit down the balls bump into each other which can't be good for the piercings surely...
    Piercings;

Tattoos;
    Claddagh Symbol on back of neck, 'Not all those who wander are lost' on right foot
    Rose and ink splatter thigh piece, Origami crane calf piece, Splatter LIE/TV calf piece
    Removals;
    'Raison d'etre' and love bird on left wrist, 'Memento mori' and love bird on right wrist

Quote Originally Posted by bratbassist View Post

So it's day two, and it's a little swollen but I'm keeping it in check with Ibuprofen. The problem is, there's not enough room in my bellybutton for both of the larger balls so I think I'll have to get them changed to two standard curved barbells with 5mm balls? I don't know, I might go back and see what to do. The problem is when I sit down the balls bump into each other which can't be good for the piercings surely...
    i would just change the standard to make room for the inverse if i were you.
    unless both of the balls come off the new bar so your piercer can just change the larger ball, then you should leave that one well alone for now.
    i know its annoying for them not to match but its not worth messing up the initial healing process
    Hi, i'm Lauren

CURRENT PIERCINGS: 17
    Lobes x3 (14,1.6,1.2), inner conch punches (6mm,7mm), outer conch punch (7mm) rook x1, nipples x2, navel, nostril x1, tongue x1 (3.2), vertical labret, septum

TATTOOS: x7 approx 10.5 hrs work

Quote Originally Posted by bratbassist View Post

Both my navel piercings have small balls on either end, one 6mm and one 4mm. Got them pierced with the jewellery that way to ensure I wouldn't have a problem with the two clashing together. I think it's probably quite a common problem, I can't imagine many people have space for two large bits of metal in their navel! If the standard navel is totally healed it's not too much of an issue, you could always change just that one for the time being.

http://www.ouchbodyjewellery.co.uk/a..._Jewelled.html I have the 'wee' single jewelled banana like can be seen here in both my navel piercings and they are a great size.
    4 x Lobes
    2 x MDs Lower Back
    Navel + Inverse Navel
    4 x Surface Hips
    3 x Left Inner Conch
    3x Left Outer Conch
    Right Rook
    2 x Right Conch
    Right Helix
    Septum
    Orchid Tattoo Ribs + Disney Tattoo Thigh

Ahh the wee ones look lovely I think I'll get one for now, for my standard, to try and give the inverse a bit of space... It is annoying them not matching but I can put up with it :P

Thanks Ladies!
    Piercings;

Tattoos;
    Removals;

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast