Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Veganism

I've been vegetarian for about 8 years. I'm now 19
    I tried vegan for a day, but it was hard. I really dislike drinking milk and eating eggs, so when i start working and hav my own money, I would like to try again.

Raw foodist for the past year, vegan 5 yrs and im 24

Vegetarian since late the 80s and trying to become vegan. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure one of the drugs I was given in hospital last year wasn't vegetarian or vegan compatible (although the doctors assured me it probably was, on reading more I'm fairly certain at least it is animal-derived) - oh well I wasn't really in a state to do much complaining :(

im vegan and have been for 8 years or so.

Almost fully vegan. Just gotta give up eggs and cheese. Too bad there aren't any vegan supermarkets around me so I can get some cheese alternatives :\

Going veggie is one of those things that has really always appealed to me; I very much so don't like the idea of animals being bred specifically to be slaughtered. However I've never actually gone through with it because of how bad I am at organising my nutrition anyway. I'm not stupid by any means, but food-stupid? I think there's definitely a case for that...
    Last edited by Zavan; 03-03-2013 at 05:53 PM.

I have nothing against vegans whatsoever at the end of the day it's there choice of how they wish to live their lives and I admire the fact they stick to it. I really couldn't keep it up for long even if i tried I love meat too much :\

I've been vegetarian and lacto-ovo vegetarian for 8 years now. I live in France until september and here it's very difficult to be vegetarian without consuming any milk or egg containing products. I've recently started using soy milk tho. I will most likely go vegan as soon as I've finished uni and will be earning more money.
    For me it's never been hard not to eat meat because I simply don't like the taste of most meat dishes, unlike some of my vegetarian friends who actually miss the taste of meat.
    Current piercings:
    Both lobes x 3
    Rook
    Navel

Helix

Smiley

"I don't know if we each have a destiny, or if we're all just floating around accidental
    - like on a breeze,but I, I think maybe it's both.
    Maybe both is happening at the same time." -Forrest Gump-

I was vegetarian for a little over a year, then went vegan, and have been for almost a year now.

I have a lot of respect for vegans (apart from the holier-than-thou militants who let their kids get malnourished,) although I'm a meat eater. I consider myself an animal welfare supporter, and I buy everything animal derived free-range if not organic. Too many people consume too much cheaply, cruelly produced animal products without really thinking.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast