Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bridesmaid!

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Yay!
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

Quote Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
    Thanks guys, interesting stuff.
    It's an honour to be bridesmaid again (chief this time!!) But the photos and attention thing is horrifying. I'm a shy person and it's torture!

Insideout: I know the feeling about fearing being underdressed, but you gotta feel right to look good I reckon. Wear what you like, skinny jeans especially look great funked up with a nice top.

Redfae: The first hen night I went on was an extreme driving day followed by the robin hood medeivel banquet dressed as wenches, it was amazing. Such a raucous time. The jester made a massive crown of willy shaped balloons for me sis in law to wear

You look gorgeous phillipalouise, you can tell you really enjoyed your day and I love the colour of the dresses.

Well, I got 4 hours sleep before I'm primped to within an inch of my life!! Just gotta pray I dont fall down the massive staircase in heels I'm not used to.
    I can't believe I missed this! Yes that does sound awesome!! I love medieval themes... Maybe I just love themes... But I really love historic costume

And also *does happy dance with Katie; just for fun!*
    Hannah; 21

2 unstretched lobes,
    Right scaffold,
    Left triple helix,
    Navel
    Tattoo, right ribcage-
    memento mori, memento vivere

Be who you are, and say what you feel because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

A plate of quite peculiar on a dish all of my own

Me and my bestfriends were talking about weddings recently, and 3 of us were horrified to remember to BRIDE part of bridesmaids :') our other best mate is a gay bloke, so what would our special roles be?! lol. I asked if i could be a groomsmaid no one was impressed. lol.
    Hello(: Bits that've been poked: lobes x4, helix x4, forward helix, septum, left nostril, left nipple, standard navel and my tongue.My septum piercing's stretched to 10mm, it's like my baby :')

Quote Originally Posted by Embert View Post
    Me and my bestfriends were talking about weddings recently, and 3 of us were horrified to remember to BRIDE part of bridesmaids :') our other best mate is a gay bloke, so what would our special roles be?! lol. I asked if i could be a groomsmaid no one was impressed. lol.

To bride part of bridesmaid?? Is it for the groom and groom or am I totally missing the point??
    Hannah; 21

2 unstretched lobes,
    Right scaffold,
    Left triple helix,
    Navel
    Tattoo, right ribcage-

Be who you are, and say what you feel because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

I'd assume that it's because someone has to get married?
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

I think it's because the bride has girls and the groom has boys so if you're a girl with male friends you don't get to be a bridesmaid.

Although my friend Mike shall be my maid of honour.
    Call me Genni...

"Everyone deserves the chance to fly"

Keeper of the magical hunting bees with Trivium and Miharu

*proudly wears her dictionary straight-jacket*

hells monkey tbh...
    you are a big gay boy

*Disclaimer: When I argue unless I quote sources it is all my opinion. My way of writing is because I do creative writing and you can't sound uncertain.*

I think for male bridesmaids it would be the maid part that changes not the bride part, because he still is part of the brides side of things.
    I'm Amelia
    My piercer

L & R 4mm lobe | L & R 2nd & 3rd lobe | L double helix | L inner conch | L rook | R helix | R forward helix | R tragus (re-pierced) | R outer conch
    L nostril | Septum | Madonna | L (Devil) & R (Angel) nipple | Nape dermal x2 (vertical) | Cleavage dermal | Navel (re-pierced #2) | VCH

Failed: Navel (rejected x2) | R tragus (migrated) | L collar bone dermal (rejected)
    Wish list: R double inner conch | Tongue

Facebook

Oooh I meant cos there won't be a bride! but yeah, as long as we get matching dresses and one of us gets to do a speech then it's all good
    Hello(: Bits that've been poked: lobes x4, helix x4, forward helix, septum, left nostril, left nipple, standard navel and my tongue.My septum piercing's stretched to 10mm, it's like my baby :')

Quote Originally Posted by Embert View Post
    Oooh I meant cos there won't be a bride! but yeah, as long as we get matching dresses and one of us gets to do a speech then it's all good
    Thats what I thought you meant! Yay; I got it!!
    Hannah; 21

2 unstretched lobes,
    Right scaffold,
    Left triple helix,
    Navel
    Tattoo, right ribcage-

Ha, well done means i'm not completely illiterate! Every time i see this thread i want to go to a wedding!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast