Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: ambitious.. to say the least! snug, rook, tragus

Default ambitious.. to say the least! snug, rook, tragus

So hi everybody I'm squeaky-clean new to cartilage piercings and I invite you to come along with me on my journey!

Last Thursday, the 9th of June, I went with a good friend of mine to investigate piercing studios in our local area. We went to Croydon, as it's equidistant between where we live, and we ended up in Carpe Diem Body Art Studio.

My friend had no idea about what she wanted pierced but I'd been wanting my snug x rook x tragus on the same ear for quite some time. I had originally planned to just get 2 piercings at the same time as I'd read around in threads here that they're tremendously difficult to heal. However I am impatient and after much deliberation (and my friend getting a grand total of 4 cartilage piercings) I decided to get them all done together.

I haven't been pierced since I was about 14, that was my septum and I don't remember much about it other than it HURT so I was really quite worried!

My piercer (I believe her name is Liz) was really lovely and we had in depth discussion about jewellery sizes before hand and settled on 16g curved barbell for my rook, 16g BCR for my tragus and a 14g curved barbell for my snug.

Anyway; now for the experience.

I had my tragus done first. It hurt mildly but it was over very quickly and she warned me not to tense as it makes the pain worse. For my rook I asked her not to tell me when she was putting the needle in so I breathed in and as I was exhaling she put the needle through; again, it hurt but was over quickly.
    Now for the big baddy. My snug. I had no idea it was going to hurt this much. It went so slowly, I could feel the needle going through all the way and it HURT so much I actually let out a little scream twice - complete reflex because that's how much it hurt and it was totally unexpected - I didn't even scream with my septum.

I was shaking and sweating by the time the snug was over and she told me to lie down for a bit because I was obviously shaken. I then got up and went outside to show my friend.

ht tp://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmj1of9thp1qjcow9o1_500.jpg
    Here they all are I couldn't be happier with the placement and I absolutle y LOVE my snug, totally worth the pain.

Almost a week on I've been cleaning twice daily with steripod, not touching the jewellery at all and sleeping on my left hand side. I've had no major problems, no noticeable swelling or pain (apart from the first day) just almost constant itching. I'm just waiting for them to flare up ;(

I am slightly worried that I've had no crusting on my rook or my snug whatsoever. I've only had slight crusting on my tragus and it hasn't been happening consistently; is this bad? my friend sent me a text the day after we went saying that hers were crusting like crazy..

This is them today almost a week on htt p://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmuhn51DzS1qjcow9o1_500.jpg

they look great!
    as for the crusting, I don't remember the healing time for my only cartilage piercing but i know that I hadn't started to get any form of crust on my navel for over a week after I'd gotten it pierced. So I wouldn't worry plus, there is a foreign object in your ear, you will get crusties soon!
    I'm Maia!

What I have?
    2x both lobes | helix--> left ear | navel

What I want?
    right rook | left tragus | VCH | conch shell tattoo | fairy tattoo | cat's paw print tattoo
    more!

What I'm looking into?
    conch | a nip? | nostril

My cat [Sven] is a Swedish secret agent!

haha thanks

I think maybe it's to do with the jewellery that they haven't started forming yet... as the other two are the same type. I just want some visible sign it's healing :p

Oooh they look pretty, good luck healing all 3 at once though! My new helix and conch are itching like mofos, soon eases up when they're soaked though
    Stabbings I still have
    Right ear
    : 2 x helix, conch & rook
    Left ear: helix, conch & tragus
    Tongue web, nostril, septum
    Triangle, VCH & 2 x outers

The crusties will come, give it time. My over a year old tragus still crusts up sometimes!
    But they look great, happy healing
    Hiii, I'm Emily (:
    current piercings: right ear lobe x2, left ear lobe x2, navel, left tragus & right helix.
    want: 3rd lobe piercings in both ears, right daith, right helix x2, left rook & left helix.
    retired: right nostril.

dpack_1

While the snug and rook look fine, i would seriously worry about that ring in your tragus. They really should be started with a labret or barbell so they dont have any added irritation during healing, especially with the other difficult piercings you're healing at the same time there.

Also, next time, as you're based in the big smoke, come to my studio instead (or of course go wherever, i just wanted to plug myself a bit more :P)

Quote Originally Posted by dpack_1 View Post
    While the snug and rook look fine, i would seriously worry about that ring in your tragus. They really should be started with a labret or barbell so they dont have any added irritation during healing, especially with the other difficult piercings you're healing at the same time there.

Also, next time, as you're based in the big smoke, come to my studio instead (or of course go wherever, i just wanted to plug myself a bit more :P)
    ahh... oopsie, that was my decision! the others she decided for me haha. typical me. should I change it or just leave it now?

and thank you everyone else

dpack_1

Quote Originally Posted by trauern View Post
    ahh... oopsie, that was my decision! the others she decided for me haha. typical me. should I change it or just leave it now?

and thank you everyone else
    Keep it as is for now, no need to irritate it if it's not causing you any problems so far. Though if in the coming weeks it starts getting exceedingly sore then you might be better off switching to a bar.

dpack_1

Quote Originally Posted by TwoThirtyThree View Post
    First off, your snug looks about like mine, and I wasn't able to get it pierced. You don't have enough of a ridge there for the snug to ever heal properly, so I would count on retiring that in the near future. Also, your rook looks rather shallow - wouldn't expect that to last too long either. Seeing as rooks are becoming so popular nowadays a very simple, popular piercing such as that shouldn't have been so difficult to get right. I feel sorry for you, you're going to have a healing time of 1+ years for things that shouldn't have been done in the first place.

Also, when are you getting your daith pierced?
    You are wrong on both counts. There is nothing wrong with the snug or rook. At all.

You did get one thing right though, you came across as an arrogant, uneducated and aggressive bitch. But i'm not sure if that was something you were going for. Either way, you certainly succeeded there.

Quote Originally Posted by dpack_1 View Post
    You are wrong on both counts. There is nothing wrong with the snug or rook. At all.

You did get one thing right though, you came across as an arrogant, uneducated and aggressive bitch. But i'm not sure if that was something you were going for. Either way, you certainly succeeded there.
    It's our usual resident troll, I'd ignore it. It'll be banned (yet again) soon.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast