Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: ambitious.. to say the least! snug, rook, tragus

Cartilage piercings are a bit of a bugger during the healing process. My tragus took a good 12 months to heal fully but it's perfect now and as for my helix, I struggled with that and ended up taking it out (my own fault really as I changed the jewellery too early). I really want it done again and now I've seen your pictures, I'd love a rook too ... they look super cute!

Hmm, I think I'll get in touch with my piercer again!!
    Lobes x4 each ear
    1x Tragus (My Fav!!)
    1x Navel
    1x Dermal Anchor
    1x Helix
    1x Nose

Next??
    Another 2x Dermal Anchors
    Scaffolding/ Industrial

dpack_1

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post
    It's our usual resident troll, I'd ignore it. It'll be banned (yet again) soon.
    Oh i know, i just didnt want the OP thinking there were infact things wrong with her piercings.

dpack_1

Quote Originally Posted by TwoThirtyThree View Post
    You're a moron. Snug piercings need a RIDGE to be successful. There is very little ridge to be pierced there.
    There is more than enough of a ridge there to hold the piercing. I would know this, i pierce them... it's kinda my job to know what is and isn't possible. Where as you are obviously a self important 'know it all' only the 'it' part of that should probably be replaced with 'fuck'. "Know fuck all"... i like the sound of that.

As for spreading the word about my shop. Please do, cos then people will look me up to see how 'bad' i am, and actually see the hundreds of examples of good work i do and i'll get even more custom. And the bit about 'in it for the money' hell half the people that come to me from here end up just covering the cost of jewellery and supplies. I really dont need the money at all.

Carry on trying to put me down though, other people on here have tried, and failed miserably too.
    Last edited by dpack_1; 06-16-2011 at 08:58 PM.

Darren, honestly just ignore it...everyone knows that you are an honest and very knowledgeable piercer. Trolls should just be left under their bridges...
    There is no coming to consciousness without pain.
    Carl Jung

L ear: 1x18mm 4x14g lobes, 1x14g helix & 14g scaffold
    R ear: 1x18mm, 3x14g lobes, 1x14g helix, 16g helix, 16g forward helix & 16g tragus
    14g Double nostrils, 14g Cyberbites, Monroe, Madonna
    16g Left Eyebrow, 14g spiderbites
    Ink: 9 tattoos
    Retired piercings: septum & bridge, right double eyebrow
    Want:
    Rook! Daith? Lots more ink!
    Facebook

dpack_1

Yeah, and i just went and showed you up there as to why you're wrong again. You seriously have no clue what you're talking about.

And yeah, i should just ignore it, but i've nowt better to do tonight, and it's fun showing people to be completely ignorant of things.

Lastly, i'm glad you'd never pierce "something like this on somebody" because you're not a piercer, you have no idea what is involved in piercing, you just like the attention of people on the internet.

Not trying to pull you down. It's just not fair that people will pay money for a piercing they're not suited for, and shops will take it. Also, there's some chick on here who says you pierced her "daith". It's clearly 100% a forward helix and I've had others on this website agree.
    anyone who gets pierced sees where the piercing is going to go they agree to it. Also define at which point a forward helix becomes a daith, or a daith becomes a forward helix
    Got : tongue, rook, helix (x3), tragus, conch (x2), lobes (x4)
    Retired: daith, tragus, helix, wrist, daith, navel
    Tats: not enough

The troll is getting really deep now...lol
    There is no coming to consciousness without pain.
    Carl Jung

L ear: 1x18mm 4x14g lobes, 1x14g helix & 14g scaffold
    R ear: 1x18mm, 3x14g lobes, 1x14g helix, 16g helix, 16g forward helix & 16g tragus
    14g Double nostrils, 14g Cyberbites, Monroe, Madonna
    16g Left Eyebrow, 14g spiderbites
    Ink: 9 tattoos
    Retired piercings: septum & bridge, right double eyebrow
    Want:
    Rook! Daith? Lots more ink!
    Facebook

It's pretty damn obvious. Where is the point that a lobe piercing becomes a helix piercing?
    actually its not , it depends greatly on anatomy. would you only consider the part of the helix above the rook to be forward helix, or part way below? On my ear I would get pierced below my rook and call it a daith but it would look like a forward helix due to the shape of my ear. Your example is flawed as between the lobe and area called helix for piercings there is the auricle. Troll is trolling ... all feed the troll

I have not seen the photo, but please do let me see a copy and then ill tell you what I think.

And as for dpack most of what i've seen of his stuff and advice is brilliant ... obviously all piercers disagree slightly over somethings but dpack is well respected around here.

dpack_1

We can all agree that BME is an exhaustive wealth of knowledge on piercings... and what's this diagram they have here...

Oh what's that... a daith piercing is called as such ANYWHERE ON THE RIM BELOW THE ROOK RIDGE.

I thank you and good night.

Quote Originally Posted by dpack_1 View Post
    We can all agree that BME is an exhaustive wealth of knowledge on piercings... and what's this diagram they have here...

Oh what's that... a daith piercing is called as such ANYWHERE ON THE RIM BELOW THE ROOK RIDGE.

I thank you and good night.
    this is exactly what I was thinking the big just below the rook would look like a forward helix but by that diagram would be called a daith

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast